“Jim Morrison's burial place”

Pere-Lachaise Cemetery (Cimetiere du Pere-Lachaise)
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Paris 2-Hour Small Group Tour of Pere Lachaise...
Ranked #75 of 1,283 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This famous cemetery is the burial site of numerous French luminaries - authors, writers, musicians and more.
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I would definitely recommend a visit to Pere Lachaise to anyone visiting Paris. Many famous authors and artists are buried here. We went specifically for Jim Morrison but were surprised to find many more big names. There is obviously barricades around some of the graves, but many people still bring flowers and items to place there. Jim Morrison's grave had many bouquets, pictures, etc. It is a big place though so definitely grab a map on your way in. Also, try to go earlier in the day - we got kicked out because it was closing and we weren't able to see all that we wanted to.

15  Thank Voegs
Write a ReviewReviews (5,937)
All reviews
in 28 reviews
"couple of hours"
in 50 reviews

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I have no words for the amazement I felt walking about the resting places of my favourite authors, painters, composers and many other figures.
Hint: Jim Morisson is a difficult one to find even with a map, but you just have to follow the crowds of people wearing Doors T-shirts. Beautiful.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I highly recommend Pere-Lachaise to anyone who will enjoy "grave-sighting". Its a little bit out of the city center, worth 30-45 min by metro depending where you are coming from. I went there on an early Sunday morning, it wasn't crowded at all but you can easily get lost. Also, I guess it rained the night before so some pathways are muddy.Each graves is different from one another and some mausoleums are very artistic.
One of the things that I can say wrong about this place is some grave site (Jim Morrison in particular), is a dumping ground of empty beer bottles/cans, cigarette buds and ladies undies. It was disrespectful and inappropriate. Long live Rock and Roll alright!!!!!!

Resting place of Gericault, Chopin, Piaf, Wilde, Moliere and Jim Morrison to name a few, it is a very nice spot to relax and walk around, most definitely will come back.

3  Thank Ngel_n_Disguise
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Peace and dignity reign along with world know celebrities around! Top cremation facilities where a reception wioth music can be given during the ceremony.My favourite place for the everafter!!!

2  Thank Angelo1951
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I can say Pere-Lachaise Cemetery is a must-see place in Paris, in particular if you are familiar with lives and works of some of the many famous people are buried there. I really like the south-east corner of the cemetery Mur des Fédérés (mostly for the historical significance).
The place is nice for a relaxing walk. I have been there with other people and also on my own, and I liked it much better when I was alone.
You should get a map at the entrance, although there is a good chance that they be out of the maps. I suggest you download the map in your phone or make a print of that. You can reach there via metro Gambetta or Pere-Lachaise to reach there.

1  Thank ShahinKamali