“PARIS, MAGNIFIQUE”

Ranked #5 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“PARIS, MAGNIFIQUE”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Superb stay in Paris, recommended from our business partner.
Since our arrival, staffs were professional and attentive to details.
Clearly another level of service comparing to top rated Paris hotels.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gerard B
Dear Sir,

We thank you so much for taking time to write your kind comments on TripAdvisor. We take them very much to heart, and know that they truly encourage the team to strive even further for improved consistency every day.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Le Best

To me the difference between a good Paris “Palace” and a great one is the indefinable ability to make you feel like you walk through the fromnt door under steely gazes of the doormen and front desk staff, that you belong. That you are welcome, and a valued guest.
If is hard act to pull off. Last year the George V failed despite its vaunted Four Seasons staff.
But from them moment we arrived at Le Bristol, we were made to fell welcome, and wanted.
Our junior suite was, especially for Paris, fabulously large, as was the bathroom, which included a wicker chair as if to shout, “look how large I am:
The Bristol passed my 2 personal tests; 1) are there enough shelves in the bathroom left- over after my wife takes the mirror-side sink. (There were). And 2) are there enough plugs in the room to plug in all the cords I need to re-power all the devices we travel with (Again, there were though management should consider placing the plugs at table level or as some do in the desk so one does not have to crawl under a desk or night-table to plug in one’s rechargers)
My one niggling negative was the $E21 charge for wireless. If the Oekers need money, add the cost to the already hefty room rate. I did not care about the price when I booked Le Bristol, so another 20 euro’s would not have sent me fleeing back to the Ritz but this charge (though not unusual) was to, me, a little over-the-top. I also must note that no ones seemed to know how many devices the charge covered and we had to call the front desk to set up more than 1 wireless devise. If you are going to charge at a Palace you should assume that a couple has more than 1 device and should provide unlimited coverage.
The 21 euros aside. Bottom line; I shall return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank venamo
Dear Sir,
Many thanks for having chosen hotel Le Bristol Paris for your recent stay in Paris. It was a pleasure to read about how you felt upon arrival, your first impressions at Le Bristol Paris. It is exactly that feeling we would hope all our guests experience.
We were also pleased to measure up to your personal standards as far as bathroom vanity shelving, and enough plugs in the room. We agree that too often hotel rooms fall short on those two important points. It is understood that as we carry out our preventive maintenance program on the guest rooms, many plugs need to be relocated in order to be easily accessed.
Your point regarding charging for the internet is well noted. Thank you for also pointing out the confusion regarding how many devices the charge covered. Our Front Office Manager is following-up with his team so that it is understood that the charge is a one-time charge by room, per day. It is true that each time one signs on for the connection, you need to again acknowledge the fee. It is not however to appear more than once a day on the room account no matter how many devices.
Thank you again for taking the time to share with us your comments. We hope to have the pleasure of your return visit soon.

nyc
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Service is absolutely impeccable - amongst the best I've seen - but hotel is quite a poor value compared to other 5 star hotels around the world. Immediate vicinity also felt a bit lacking to me as the 2-3 blocks near the hotel are somewhat sparse for restaurants (but it is close to the Champs D'Elysees). Plastic bottle of diet coke in the mini bar was something like US$15. While I can understand extremely high prices for extraordinarily good service or quality, that simply makes no sense. Room service was extremely pricey also (say ~ US$50 for spaghetti bolognese) but the food was so darn good it actually seemed worth it. Rooms were not, however, amongst the best I've stayed in although still quite nice. Overall, think that there are much better values in the five star range than Le Bristol.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank drftwdsflm
HotelLeBristolParis, Food & Beverage Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Dear guest,

I would like as a start to thank you for having chosen hotel Le Bristol for your recent stay in Paris and for your gracious comments regarding our service and quality of food.

All the menus proposed within our outlets, including room service, are under the supervision of our Three Michelin starred Chef Eric Frechon, and we ensure the freshest ingredients are used in our recipes throughout the hotel. A dedicated team of over 100 cooks are employed to ensure the inherent quality of food that Le Bristol is renowned for.

We have well noted your comments regarding our prices which are very important and constructive. Please be sure that we will take them into account.

I would be honored to discuss personally with you about the points arisen. You may contact me directly at kchambenoit@lebristolparis.com if you would like any other assistance in a future stay.

Thanking you again for your comments, we wish to be able to be of your service again in the future

Best regards,

Kevin Chambenoit
Food & Beverage Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We recently spent eight glorious nights at Le Bristol Paris. I was there to celebrate my 40th birthday with my husband and it didn't disappoint!

I was nervous about the hotel as I am very fussy when it comes to hotels. If you claim to be 5 star you really should be 5 star in my mind. Le Bristol is and didn't let me down in any area. I have read some not so good reviews, ie. you can see the plumbing pipes when you sit in the bath, and yes this was true I could see them, but hey, in the big picture this one detail really didn't affect my holiday at all!

My fear of being suffocated in an overly opulent Louis VIII inspired Parisian hotel was soon gone the minute I walked in. The decor is luxurious and grand but in an understated way which I love. I have been to the Ritz and Le Meurice et al and I really feel a little bit ill at the over the top opulence which treads a fine line between style and tack. Not at Le Bristol it is just magnificently done. Every detail is to perfection, classy, unassuming and stylish. I was very impressed.

All that aside the thing that makes Le Bristol stand out is the service. I couldn't fault a thing. The concierge or 'man with the golden key' as I like to joke with my husband, organised every detail of our stay for us before we arrived from Australia. It was a wonderful way to holiday in Paris. They recommended restaurants and made reservations, tours and shows and everything just like the hotel was 5 star! I felt very spoilt the whole week. The concierge service is the best!

On occassion when we asked for taxi's to be booked to take us to dinner we would arrive downstairs and be greeted withe the Hotel's limo and driver who was very informative and friendly. It was pure luxury and fantastic service. On arriving back at the hotel after a long day sightseeing I was greeted with a table for two set up in my room with an exquisite birthday cake that words can not describe. I was blown away by this kind gesture and it was totally unexpected.

The staff are friendly but not in your face which I love, they were genuine and professional and I don't think I have had service this good in any other hotel throughout my travels.

The Bristol is expensive as far as room service and the restaurant goes. But I recommend if you can splurge on the restaurant it is a must, even if you just have breakfast in there it is a truly wonderful experience. The cocktail bar is intimate and devine the the cocktails first class, try the hotel's signature cocktails "St. Honore" delicious!.

Our room was beautiful, I don't think it was one of the newly refurbished rooms but by Parisian Hotel standards it was huge, beautifully decorated without being over the top. We had a beautiful view over the courtyard and could see the Basillica in the distance it was magnificent. As we were leaving we spied a room that was decorated in the most amazing pink wall paper it lookd magnificent. It would be wonderful if you could have a room menu and see how each room was decorated and choose, I would definitely choose the pink room :)

The room service was prompt, delicious, and serving sizes are big enough for two people. It is all silver service which makes it very special indeed.

All I can say is that if you are looking for a 5 star hotel that is luxurious, glamorous and doesn't need to rub it in your face (so to speak) the Le Bristol is the place to be. Le Bristol knows who she is and is one decadent, chic Parisian cat :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Samantha N
Dear Madam,

We were very touched by your kind comment on Trip Advisor. We very much thank you for taking time to share your experiences at our hotel, Le Bristol Paris.
It was a pleasure to see your first impression when you entered the lobby. That is exactly the feeling we would hope to convey to all our guests. Your satisfaction regarding the staffs’ service’s affability is most important for us, and we will be certain to share your comments to all the team.
We were also very pleased that you appreciated the birthday cake, definitely a signature dessert by our Pastry Chef, Laurent Jeannin.
We sincerely hope that your stay amongst us will remain unforgettable over time to come.
We look forward to welcoming you back again at Le Bristol Paris, maybe in the ‘pink’ room the next time!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Without a doubt one of the best hotels I’ve experienced, worldwide.

The hotel is charming. From the doorman and receptionist on arrival, to Housekeeping and Bar & Restaurant staff, service was flawless. As a member of the hotel chain’s frequent guest programme (Leaders Club), the Junior Suite reflected perfectly my stay preferences. The suite was spacious and exquisitely appointed, as you would expect from the first hotel in France awarded the ‘Palace’ hotel category, with stunning outlook on the hotel’s inner garden. The hotel itself is charming and maintained to the highest standard. Breakfast in the restaurant, as well as an informal Lunch at the bar, were beautifully presented and of an exceptionally high standard. The signature 2-massuse massage at the spa was exceptional. Concierge were extremely helpful, securing Opera tickets to the final night of Don Giovanni when I could not, and spot-on on dining recommendations.

Whilst my stay was extremely enjoyable, for the purposes of a balanced review I include the below:
* Room service, on the two occasions I used it, lacked flare. Presentation was disappointing (even when compared a mainstream 5-star hotel chain).
* The Gentlemen’s Restrooms for the public area were below par. For example, holes in the door where the ‘Homme’ sign once was; an unpleasant odour (presumably as a result of the urinals not being automatic flushing); components of the visible silver-plated plumbing having been partially replaced by cooper plumbing.
* As is expected of such a palatial hotel, it justifiably commands a premium. Le Bristol does however appear to go a bit far in places. For example, charging for the use of web-radio on the television (complementary at many other premium hotels); somewhat high mini-bar mark-up (12 euro for a can of Coca-Cola).

All said, still highly recommended – if you can, book a stay here. I highly doubt you’ll be disappointed!

Room Tip: Accommodation Tip, as the hotel is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World it’s worth considerin...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
HotelLeBristolParis, Food & Beverage Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor.
It has been our great pleasure to welcome you to Le Bristol.
The title of your review “Near perfection” is a tremendous compliment and we would like to extend our most sincere gratitude for writing this.
We are delighted to learn that you deeply appreciated your accommodation, the inner garden of the hotel as well as your treatment at our Spa Le Bristol by La Prairie. It is really important for us to know that our clients will keep good memories of their stay.
As for the gentlemen’s restrooms, we have duly noted your comments which are very relevant and this is a topic we will focus on over the next few weeks as we have already planned to renovate them.
Should you wish to discuss the different points arisen, I invite you to contact me directly at kchambenoit@lebristolparis.com. As well, I would be more than happy to meet you during your next stay at Le Bristol.

Thanking you again for your appreciation and we do look forward to welcoming you back among us in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Kevin Chambenoit
Food & Beverage Manager
Eastchester, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My husband and I went to Italy and Paris for our honeymoon. My husband chose Le Bristol and what an amazing decision on his part. With the help of Stephanie N, he booked a suite on the sixth floor overlooking the Eiffel tower. She helped out tremendously to make our honeymoon perfect. Our bathroom had a steam-room which was fabulous.

The staff at this hotel was marvelous and they made us feel very welcomed. Valerie was the first face to greet us and show us to our room. She was warm, kind and very helpful. The housekeeping staff keeps the rooms immaculate. They were also very sweet and kind enough to take a picture of my husband and me overlooking the Eiffel tower. The place is beautiful and upscale, and their breakfast was delicious. I can't imagine going back to Paris and staying elsewhere. I plan to go back every year for my anniversary, and I will be staying at this amazing hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tammy P
Dear Madam,
Many thanks for taking time to write your so beautiful comment about your experience at Le Bristol Paris on TripAdvisor.
It is a real pleasure for us to know that you appreciated the staff efficiency and your accommodation overlooking the Eiffel Tour. We are even more thrilled that your stay exceeded your expectations on the very special occasion of your honeymoon.
Besides we sincerely hope that your trip in Roma was the most seamless one for you and your husband as well.
We do look forward to welcoming you back soon among us and remain,

Yours sincerely

Dallas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Although very pricey, this hotel is magnificent! The staff is extremely accommodating, the rooms lovely and the location excellent. If you are looking for a very Parisian upscale hotel, this is the one.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank TrippenDallas
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to write a so enthusiastic review about your recent stay with your family at Le Bristol Paris.
We are so pleased that you appreciated your accommodation. Kindly be assured that your positive feedback meant a lot for us and that it has been our pleasure to share your warm comment with all the teams.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Bristol Paris, we remain,