“High End Shopping in Paris”

Galeries Lafayette Paris Haussmann
Ranked #105 of 2,255 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visitors to this massive department store can find brand-name items of nearly every variety. Shop accessible to luxury fashion & accessories for men, women and children, enjoy exclusive services such as personal shoppers, concierge and tax refunds and indulge in restaurants and a gourmet epicerie.
Reviewed November 19, 2017

Beautiful 7 floor pyramid shaped mall that offers mostly high end merchandise with very impersonal staff. Had lunch here which was actually affordable and tasty - cafeteria style.
Was just getting decorated for Christmas which was lovely.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,875)
All reviews
in 51 reviews
"macaroons"
in 47 reviews

Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

The Galleries are beautiful, the quality of the brands is super upscaled. The personel that works there is super nice and helpful. But I visited on a sunday and couldn’t barely walk, the place was madness, this wasn’t even on a holiday or high season. There were thousands of tourists, not a pleasant experience if your real intention is to shop. It is better to go to the brands separate stores at Saint Germain or Champs Elysees. Should try to go on a monday morning or something like that.

Galeries L, Community Manager at Galeries Lafayette Paris Haussmann, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Hello almaescribens,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had a difficult time navigating the store. We do experience increased traffic during the summer and holiday seasons.
In order to facilitate your shopping, we've improved our in-store mapping app. Our concierges and welcome desk are always on hand to direct you towards the brand or items you're searching for.

I hope this has been helpful!

Kind regards,

Sara

Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful place! Rooftop is a must. Couple floors. A lot of shopping available in front of the Opera

Reviewed November 14, 2017

I've been to Galerie Lafayette many, many times and I've always had a wonderful experience, however, the last time I was there, I was really appalled at the customer service I experienced. I was there in January and it was busy. I went to the floor where they sold souvenirs so I can take some home to family/friends in the US. When I asked one of the sales people (there were 3-4 women in a huddle in conversation) about the price, she rolled her eyes and grabbed the product out of my hands and proceeded to the register. Just exactly was her problem? Was it too much work for her? Was she not used to helping customers? Was it hard to just be nice to people? I don't understand why anyone would take a customer service position only to act like an immature, snobby and ungrateful brat. Managers - please train your CSRs properly. You are selling service as well as products. In this day and age, excellent customer service is key to a successful business.

Galeries L, Community Manager at Galeries Lafayette Paris Haussmann, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Hi AnnCalifornia11,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and assure you that this reaction is not what we aim to instill in all our customer service representatives and is not representative of our institution as a whole. We're very grateful for the business & loyalty of our international clients and our dedicated concierges and multi-lingual staff are here to serve you.

We hope you'll give us another chance to change this impression.

Kind regards,