“A little small and expensive...but it is Paris”

Hotel & Spa La Belle Juliette
Ranked #64 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Seattle, WA
“A little small and expensive...but it is Paris”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

It was nice to have a room that was modern and updated, beautiful bathroom and shower and there was even a vanity, although the lighting was so bad it was unusable for anything other than drying your hair, if there had been a plug for the hair dryer.

The standard room is small, hard to find a spot for even a medium suitcase. If someone is using the iMac computer they have to get up to let you by to get to the bathroom....unless you crawl over the bed, but this is pretty standard for Paris hotel rooms.

We like to have breakfast at our hotel, just to make it easier and leave more time for sightseeing, but unless you have it included with your room it really is not worth the prices they charge. The one real issue I had was with the area next to the dining area which has a sofa, chairs and fireplace which was being used, a couple of time while we were there, as a nail salon, apparently the spa area is very small. The odor of nail polish and remover was enough to keep us from having a glass of wine in the bar at least once.

The location is great, two blocks to the Metro station and a great neighborhood and the staff is very accommodating and friendly. I think I expected a little more from a 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are definitely small. If someone is using the iMac computer they have to get up...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank traveldreamsII

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed there in April and had an amazing time. I've stayed in some cool places but this was by far the best. Amazing staff, incredible rooms, and my favorite area of Paris. The rooms come with macs, espresso machines, and some of the coolest hotel design I've ever seen. Really a magical place. The staff is super friendly (we spent more than an hour over three days chatting with them) and very helpful. The pool in the basement is fun and there are rarely others down there. The bar upstairs is also really cool. Can't say enough good things about this other than we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Rooms with the bath are worth getting. The baths are fun.
3 Thank Jarrett S
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed here last weekend, having booked it months ago as a Christmas present for my boyfriend. To say I was over-excited (having checked it out literally hundreds of times on Mr & Mrs Smith) is an understatement but thankfully it lived up to expectations.
It is a small hotel on a fairly quiet street in a really lovely area of Paris - St Germain de Pres. I had booked a superior deluxe room asking for a bath. We were upgraded and though I couldn't tell exactly what the difference was the room was lovely.Small but perfectly designed, very stylish, with everything needed and we had a huge freestanding bath looking out onto the street which made bathing a real joy. The staff were really friendly and particularly helpful, especially a young and very sweet guy whose name I sadly didn't catch, who couldn't do enough to help us. The bar area is quiet but nice and actually looks like it does in the official photographs. It's not cheap - a glass of champagne is 12 euros - but then you are in Paris and in a wonderful place.Breakfast is not included and is fairly expensive but being Paris there are lots of options nearby which are worth checking out. The little spa area is exactly that little, but again very stylishly done and if there are just two of you there it feels like your own private spa. The decoration of the entire hotel is really nicely done and overall this felt like a great choice.
The downside, if any, is that it is pretty expensive, starting at more than 300 euros a night for a standard. However, if you can afford it then it's well worth considering. It''s also really well placed, there are lots of lovely bars and restaurants and art galleries nearby - check out the Rue Du Buci for bars and restaurants and the Rue du Seine for galleries - and lots of beautiful people. I will be back!

2 Thank helen2412
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

What a wonderful gem to find in Paris. It has that hard to find combination of a reasonable room rate, spotlessly clean facilities, fantastic location, cool design, fun perks (like the spa) and all the most up to date technology (big Mac computers in the rooms, electronic room keys). Most of all they were so incredibly kind to my two toddlers (2 years and 1 year) I've tried at least a half dozen hotels in Paris, including some of the most well know and expensive and often am disappointed. So really pleased to find somewhere that I'll go back to time and again. Thank you again Hotel La Belle Juliette!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank LondonNewYork
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We have just returned from a trip to Hotel La Belle Juliette. We stayed in room 107 for 7 nights. The property was fantastic and the staff is wonderful. Carlos checked us in and made a great first impression that really set the stage for the rest of the visit. He took his time in showing us around and gave us the true boutique hotel experience. The rooms are in fact small. Our room was a junior suite. I would suggest that if you have concerns about room size that you should get a junior suite, otherwise just deal with what you get. We felt a bit cramped but made do with it. After all it was so well maintained and pleasant that it didn’t bother us.
The property is in a residential neighborhood on a street that as you walk towards the river has more and more shops and restaurants. After walking for ½ kilometer you are right in the thick of things. That being said, the best way to get around is via Metro. There are a few stops for 3 different lines right nearby. A must for this trip was the “Paris By Metro” offline app on my iPhone. This app allowed me to plan a day of metro commuting on my phone without having an internet connection. If want to walk, Notre Dame, the Louvre and Orsay are all within a 20 minute walk through absolutely gorgeous neighborhoods. Wifi in the hotel worked incredibly well. The iMac competers functioning as TV’s were really cool and easy to navigate.
Breakfast at the hotel is how others have described it…Nothing to rave about. It was included in our rate so we ate there everyday, but after a few days it was boring. Other than breakfast I really can’t complain about anything.
Ohh...Another tip...within 1 block there is both a pharmacy and a grocery store. If you are a Starbucks diehard you are out of luck.

Room Tip: Higher is better, but in this case it means taking a single elevator or climbing stairs. Lower migh...
5 Thank Billyphx
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My husband took me Paris for the first time last month. I decided on Hotel La Belle Juliette from all the wonderful Trip Advisor reviews. We stayed here for 8 nights and it did not disappoint! We arrived before check in. Jean-Baptiste graciously took our bags and offered their Spa for us to freshen up and called us when our room was ready. Dany brought us to our room where our bags were already delivered. It was gorgeous! We were welcomed to a trail of rose petals from the door to the top of the bed, a personalized note, box of cholocolates and bottle of champagne. The bed was extremely comfortable and the shower was heaven. The room did not seem too small...you're in Paris after all! The staff is what put this hotel over the top! We were greeted morning, noon and night by our names and they went out of their way everyday to help us...always a smile on their face! I can honestly say that I miss Jean-Baptiste, Dany & Guillaume who work the front desk. And Aurelie...she was just as amazing. Loved going to the bar in the evenings before heading to our room for dessert and a glass of wine. Aurelie always went out of her way to make us feel so special. You can not go wrong with Hotel La Belle Juliette and the location is wonderful. I long to come back to Paris and can not imagine staying anywhere else!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kristen B
Dubai, UAE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed at La Belle Juliette for 2 nights on a business trip. The staff are very friendly & helpful, service was good and the room was comfortable. There was no TV, just a TV connected Apple which gave you access to internet among other hotel facilities. Slick!
Keep in mind in April '12 the neighbors were in construction of an elderly home so there was noise 8 am - 5 pm. The hotel did inform me earlier & asked me for a re-confirmation of my reservation.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business