“Great food, great coffee, great desert ”
Review of Loving Hut

Loving Hut
Ranked #1,240 of 18,193 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

The food at Loving Hut was better than I was expecting and the nice owner who is originally from Canada was a helpful and nice man. I will be going back. The owner said his wife is Vietnamese and I will tell you that she makes an awesome bowl of Pho.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

So this place has been trending for a while now, and I've actually gave it more than a try. But I think I'm done.
It is a vegan/ vegetalian place that proposes a menu strongly influenced by some Asian cuisines (sushis, phos, noodles etc...). The menu specifies for each dish what everyone can or can't have depending on their tastes, intolerances, allergies. And I was surprised to find gluten, the only thing I actually avoid, on almost every meal, including some tofu with rice vermicelli dish. Which can only mean that they use glutamate in the sauce, which is a preservative and really useless when you're supposed to cook everything fresh.
I any case, the veggie burger is fine, and that's about it for me. The rest that I tried was drenched in this glutamate sauce ( I'm thinking of the eggplant with peas), and it doesn't really do it for me. Service is slow, and not bad, but not particularly nice. Let's say their energy never struck me to a point I was like "wow, they look friendly yet healthy and dynamic, I should go vegan".
But yeah, this is only my opinion.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

Why go here? #1) If you don't live near any vegan restaurants. 2) To get the pain au chocolate & croissants to go. Otherwise skip this place if you’re vegan or vegetarian.

We went here because it was one of the few restaurants on our list that was open on Mondays. The reviews were good. Unfortunately, it was a huge disappointment food-wise. I'm at a loss for all the good reviews of this place - perhaps they are from newbie vegetarians or people who tend to eat at tourist places?

There are incredibly gracious and nice staff here – which was not the case at most places we ate in Paris.

My husband and I ordered crepes at suggestion of server over the quiche. We can’t get vegan crepes at Loving Huts in the US and I’ve never seen them offered at a restaurant before, so we were psyched to try something novel. The crepes were flavorless and one note. I stopped eating about half way through. Husband was fine with them.

We also ordered the cheese plate as an appetizer – the assiette de fromage and it too was major disappointment. Had heard such great things about the cheese served here. If you're familiar with the Miyokos, Chao or Treeline vegan cheese brands in USA and are a fan, then avoid this cheese plate. What they offer tasted sour - and I didn't think the texture was remarkable. I think we skipped desert because we weren’t keen on the food.

The pain au chocolate & croissants that are vacuum sealed and sold in the refrigerated case are fantastic. Not made by Loving Hut, but by a company that I unfortunately learned later does not distribute to the US. We ate some in France, and others when we got back. The vacuum seal really makes it easy for fitting in a suitcase or bag without worry of the croissants/pain getting smashed. Only regret is that we didn’t buy more!

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

So nice and tasty food, also the price was acceptable. The waiter was attentive and brought us water directly which was not a service we found elsewhere in Paris.

The food was amazing and the portions generous. For starters we had summer rolls (wow!) and the fried shrimp (also wow!) We had the Pho and the Crêpe which were both really good. Nice place for an all vegan-dinner, strongly recommended!

Reviewed 23 November 2016

They have a good choice of meat like dished... So when you're not Vegan, that's perfect, or even good to start your vegan adventure with that kind of dished.
The way the veg protein are textured will remind you of meat.
They don't serve Alcohol