“We will not be back”

Price range: US$23 - US$51
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Description: hostess welcomed us with a smile. The food was prepared with love, care, and the best ingredients. Just a perfect tiny and elegant room with an aura of good work done with delight and fine food offered without any attitude of preciousness. Quiet and charming surroundings. Chic without being a slave to fashion.
Reviewed January 1, 2018

We were expecting a special meal for New Year's Eve but it was ordinary and overpriced. We had previously visited the restaurant at a lunchtime and were impressed but not on this special occasion. The food had been previously prepared, was not fresh and showed no flair. Service was pleasant but not exceptional.

1  Thank Janydoc

Reviewed December 26, 2017

I had a crab filled fried roll cut on a diagonal served with an artful and tasty sauce on the plate, it was an excellent and a very ample starter. I had a lamb leg confit for my main plat, I did not like the taste and it could have been more tender. I think I ordered wrong for me. I will return and try something different on the menu. The location and atmosphere of this intimate French eatery was superb. I would like a white table cloth on the tables but that is just me. The restaurant decor was eclectic and appealing, the restaurant was clean, the service was good and there was an atmosphere of happy satisfied dinners. I will return.

Reviewed December 7, 2017

Always a good place to come for good food and some nice wines..Small - so book, but well worth a visit with a very nice atmosphere, mainly because everyone is having a good time eating yummy food!

Reviewed November 16, 2017

Au 35 in Rue jacob
Welcomed warmly by charming hosts. Felt right at home. Food reasonably priced and well prepared.We loved the meal. We ordered the set menu at 30 euros. Choice of potato/ sausage salad or soup.
Choice of salmon or chicken.
Choice of creme brûlée or tart tatine.
We tried everything and shared.
The glass of house wine was excellent. Chat with the owner and you may get a refill.
We tried everything. All were super. The chicken was wrapped in pastry and had a little heat. Terrific!
The staff was pleasant and helpful and charming. We had a good time and will be back.
A+ A winner.

Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

This is a tiny restaurant on the Rue Jacob that probably accommodates 20 people at maximum capacity. It is delightful. Simple surroundings with friendly service despite the fact that the kitchen is up a narrow staircase, requiring much dexterity on the part of the servers. Nevertheless, everything runs smoothly from the tiny kitchen down to the tables below.
I had an endive soup which was only fair but the filet of sole and chicken pastilla, ( a Moroccan dish) that arrived as main courses were both delicious and full of flavor. Desserts included a very light tarte tatin and another tart of pear and almond. We finished every last bite.
The wine list offers a number of bottles and half bottles at very reasonable prices. We had a half bottle of Pinot Noir from Olivier Leflaive for 19 Euros.
Even with 3 courses and the wine with coffee at the end, the bill was 100 Euros for two. This is definitely a bargain for Paris, especially when you’re looking for well prepared French food in comfortable surroundings.
A warning: if you sit near the front on a cold evening, be prepared for some icy blasts when the door is opened by customers entering or leaving.