“A disappointment ”

Price range: US$23 - US$52
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Description: hostess welcomed us with a smile. The food was prepared with love, care, and the best ingredients. Just a perfect tiny and elegant room with an aura of good work done with delight and fine food offered without any attitude of preciousness. Quiet and charming surroundings. Chic without being a slave to fashion.
Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

Our hotel around the corner recommended this restaurant so we decided to give it a go. The food tasted strange / Caesar salad had no romaine and the parsnip soup had a chemical taste
The service was conciliatory - not hospital
At the end of the evening the credit machine would not accept FIVE cards - the machine was held together with scotch tape - we had to pay cash which we didn’t expect

1  Thank Sheila G

Reviewed January 1, 2018

We were expecting a special meal for New Year's Eve but it was ordinary and overpriced. We had previously visited the restaurant at a lunchtime and were impressed but not on this special occasion. The food had been previously prepared, was not fresh and showed no flair. Service was pleasant but not exceptional.

1  Thank Janydoc
Reviewed December 26, 2017

I had a crab filled fried roll cut on a diagonal served with an artful and tasty sauce on the plate, it was an excellent and a very ample starter. I had a lamb leg confit for my main plat, I did not like the taste and it could have been more tender. I think I ordered wrong for me. I will return and try something different on the menu. The location and atmosphere of this intimate French eatery was superb. I would like a white table cloth on the tables but that is just me. The restaurant decor was eclectic and appealing, the restaurant was clean, the service was good and there was an atmosphere of happy satisfied dinners. I will return.

Reviewed December 7, 2017

Always a good place to come for good food and some nice wines..Small - so book, but well worth a visit with a very nice atmosphere, mainly because everyone is having a good time eating yummy food!

Reviewed November 16, 2017

Au 35 in Rue jacob
Welcomed warmly by charming hosts. Felt right at home. Food reasonably priced and well prepared.We loved the meal. We ordered the set menu at 30 euros. Choice of potato/ sausage salad or soup.
Choice of salmon or chicken.
Choice of creme brûlée or tart tatine.
We tried everything and shared.
The glass of house wine was excellent. Chat with the owner and you may get a refill.
We tried everything. All were super. The chicken was wrapped in pastry and had a little heat. Terrific!
The staff was pleasant and helpful and charming. We had a good time and will be back.
A+ A winner.