“Looking for an old school Bistro ?”
Review of Au Virage Lepic

Au Virage Lepic
Ranked #365 of 19,411 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Look no further - You can try all you like to create a room like Au Virage Lepic but you’ll never succeed in putting on the years of action that this small but perfect room has .
Greeted by the friendly owner we were seated at a snug corner table - snug is how I would describe all of the tables but not uncomfortable .
Proper menu featuring plenty of foie gras , terrines etc , all made in house . The foie gras was some of the best I’ve had so if you’re from one of those countries that has banned it maybe give a go - see what you’re missing ..
Great desserts & decent wine.
A perfect evening .
Places like this are hard to find- so treat yourself to a night in one of the originals .

Date of visit: April 2018
3  Thank O833QNpeterb

Reviewed March 18, 2018

After visiting Sacré-Coeur and walking around Montmartre we took a look at trip advisor to find a restaurant close by. My wife picked out Au Virage Lepic and we decided to get there at opening time and see if we could get a table. We were the first customers at opening time and even though we hadn't made a reservation we were shown to a table right away.

We both agreed it was one of the best meals we have had in Paris. The French Onion soup was delicious and rich and the steak was perfect. My wife had the pepper sauce with her steak and it was unbelievably good. My blue cheese sauce was good, but next time I will get it with the pepper sauce. The accompanying vegetables were very good as well, especially the celery.

Will definitely return there again (with a reservation next time).

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank William S
Reviewed November 21, 2017

We passed by Au Virage Lepic while walking in our AirBnB neighborhood and thought it looked worth trying. We made a reservation after reading the reviews that suggested a reservation was a good idea. The cassoulet I had was excellent and my husband's steak au poivre was also incredible. The experience of eating a great traditional French meal in a very small restaurant with such an eclectic display of photographs on the walls and a fabulous selection of Motown music brought us back the very next night. The waiters were very friendly and the atmosphere was lively. Our second meal there was excellent as well. This restaurant was one of the highlights of our two week trip to Paris.

Date of visit: November 2017
2  Thank BCJenny
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

We really wanted to try food in this restaurant. We came in and it was totaly empty. But the owner refused to service us because we didnt want to order two main courses. I wanted the famous duck and my boyfriend wanted the famous french onion soup, but the owner has written in menu that you must buy a main cours for each person who wants to eat. I was so so so much disappointed! I understand that the restaurant is small and the owner doesnt want to fill it with people who just drink and sit there all night, but we were there at the time when restaurant was empty and we both wanted to eat. So sad experience from Paris. :(

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 12, 2017

We took the recommendation from a local and dined at Au Rivage Lepic our first night in Paris. We loved strolling the Montmartre neighborhood to find the place, the wait staff speaks excellent English, we ordered a wonderful bottle of wine and had a great meal. It was everything we hoped for. The place is very small, so we rang ahead to reserve a table. I am glad we did because they turned a lot of walk-ins away while we were there. Call ahead for reservations you are dining here.

Date of visit: October 2017