“Very Friendly, great location”

Hotel du Danube St. Germain
Ranked #689 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Tustin
“Very Friendly, great location”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Upon arrival reception did NOT have our reservation, which we'd made directly through the hotel, but we were upgraded for free to a larger room, which was all they had. We only spent one night before flying home, but the staff was very friendly and willing to help make arrangements to the airport. We wish we had more time there - great hotel, great location. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the interior courtyard or garden are quiet. Very little noise despite sold-out hotel a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I was booked into this hotel on a work-related visit to Paris by my hosts, because of its convenient location for getting to my meetings. Check-in was smooth, and the room I stayed in (Comfort) was lovely with beautiful frames and wallpaper, and furniture which went perfectly with the historic feel of the hotel. The amenities in the room were very modern. The bathroom had a full-size bath with shower (which was excellent!), a hair dryer and a heated towel rack. There was a separate toilet, and a decent sized wardrobe with an electronic safe. In-room wifi was free, to access it I was given a username and password when I checked-in and it worked without any issues for the two days and nights that I stayed there. Breakfast was continental, and satisfactory.

The location of this hotel in Saint-Germain-des-Prés is just fabulous. It is literally steps away from buzzing streets, but actually fairly quiet and peaceful in its location. It's close to Rue de Buci, Rue de Saint-André des Arts and Boulevard Saint-Germain. The streets around are packed with boutique stores and cafes, and some of the best sights of London are also very close by. On my last day, I checked out in the morning and the front office was happy to keep my luggage while I shopped ahead of my afternoon train out from Paris. For those who are in Paris to shop, don't miss Rue du Dragon and Rue du Cherchez-Midi which are about a 10-min walk away and lined with great boutique clothes and shoe stores.

When I returned, the gentleman at the front office was very cheerful and we had some friendly banter while I waited for my cab (which he called). Overall, nothing negative at all to report about this charming, friendly and great value hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Mon080
Luxembourg
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This was my second stay at the Hotel Danube.

Great location (steps from Saint-Germain Metro). Reasonable price for a nice room. Plenty of toilet paper (always important to me) and towels. Lovely Roger&Gallet soaps/shampoos that smell so nice.

Free WiFi in the room(always a plus).

Alas, no mini bar--my only complaint.

Staff was professional, friendly, and kind.

We did not have the breakfast offered by the hotel--went out instead.

I remembered the hotel as being somewhat "shabby chic," but it seemed to have had a facelift/fresh coat of paint (it has been 3-5 years since I last stayed here).

Room Tip: We asked for a "courtyard" room. It was very quiet. But perhaps a room on the street side...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TheExpatresse
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed for 4 nights and as we traveled with our children (under 12 years of age) we had two rooms next two each other towards the back of the hotel, which was nice and quiet and cozy. The room sizes were very good, decor very nice and all very comfortable and clean, our bathrooms were a bit small but we had not preconceived before we arrived knowing hotel rooms in Paris can be small.
Breakfast area was clean and tidy, with simple selection all of which was tasty, fresh and service very friendly.
Hotel staff were very helpful with directions and suggestions for public transport and accommodated all our requests.
The location was very central with lots to see and do in the local area.
This is our second stay at the The Danube we did notice that they have modernized the decor which is really nice and we really enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: Request a larger room and ask for a street view from window
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We stayed there for a week in August 2009 and it was lovely. I picked the hotel to be close to my friend who lives only blocks away. As with any place in the 7th Arr., it is convenient to every spot I'd ever want to be in Paris (by foot). Our room was cosey and clean and the bathroom that was even larger than our room was newly renovated, spotless and quite lovely. I introduced my (now) husband to Paris on that trip and though he questioned my fluency in French, my hotel selection remained above reproach! I think this place is a great value too; hope it stays taht way because I'm planning on a trip soon.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We stayed for one night in room n° 31 which is advertised as "appartment" but, as was clearly indicated at the time of the reservation, it is just a combined 1-person room and 2-person room with a shared full bathroom (the 2-person room is behind the 1-person room; you have to cross the 1-person room to go to the bathroom). The room was extremely quiet which was appreciated. The 2-person bed is about 140cm wide. It was clean, somewhat worn (could use some fixing here and there) but nothing to bother too much about. The price of 250 EUR is stiff but reflects what you'll pay for a 3-person room of this hotel class in this neighbourhood. We also had a second 2-person room (n° 57) labelled as standard room at 155 EUR. The continental breakfast at 12 EUR is OK but not fancy. We approciated the neighbourhood, very close to lots of restaurant in this part of the 6th arrondissement.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back building are quiter.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank PhilippeV392
Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Loved the hotel It suited us perfectly- a twin inner room on the courtyard. We were not sure due to a health problem of my daughter who was to travel with me that we would even be able to make the trip. I cancelled the reservation the week before and rebooked with no problem the next week after she could travel. An immediate reply.
As mentioned in the previous review it is so conveniently located to nearby sights such as Notre Dame etc. as well as the Metro.
The room had a flat screen TV as well as nice decor.
There are restaurants nearby.

The staff of guys could have not been more helpful. They made phone calls and called a cab for us to the riverboat we were traveling on to Normandy. When the internet for emails which is free would not work one of the guys worked hard to try to send our emails.
We ate breakfast there which was a typical French breakfast served by the nicest guy.
This room was more spacious than a room we had stayed on in a previous trip to Paris.
Definitely we would stayed at the Danube again.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room book an inner one.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family