“an unforgettable 35th anniversary”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability

Spanish first
Any
Edmundo88
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“an unforgettable 35th anniversary”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

A very gracious hostess welcomed us to her peaceful apartment, and helped us to explore Paris. The superbly equipped kitchen was supplemented with great books about Paris, restaurant reviews, and maps. We found we could walk to all of the great museums, Notre Dame, the boat ride on the Seine that leaves from Pont Neuf, the Tuilleries garden (at night you can look up at the well lit Eiffel Tower), a Fragonard perfume museum, the finest department stores, wonderful cooking stores on the bottom of Rue Montmartre, and outdoor markets. One block away is Rue Montorgueil, full of food shops, restaurants, and cafes. The lovely old passages are very much worth exploring with your camera, just ask the wonderful host Martinne where they are. The nearby Sentier metro stop will take you to the Per Lachaise Cemetery, a place you can easily spend two hours walking through.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quiet nights for sleeping, and the location central to everything imaginable
Liked least: Wanted to talk to our host longer, but had to catch a plane back to the US
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
25 Aug 2013
dear Marguerite and Edmund, thank you so much for this and I am so happy you enjoyed all my recommendations, my address book.
I had no doubt about the neighborhood as I appreciate it as well everyday.
So pleased you will remember this 35th anniversary as a good one.
Now, the world is vast and I know you want to explore more... So I wish you a nice 36th, 37th, 38th.... 50th...60th...
Would love to hear about your next discoveries.
Take care and thanks again for your trust,for selecting my key2paris and for your kind review.

martine
Mark G
Boise, Idaho
“Cozy apartment perfectly located with the best host in Paris”
Reviewed 9 August 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

After visiting Paris multiple times as foreign students and then again while stationed in Germany, we decided to spend a week in the city of lights for our 25th anniversary. The small but charming apartment is perfectly located to cover most of Paris by foot. The local neighborhood is very inviting and filled with many wonderful placed to eat and buy delicacies.
However the best part of staying there is Martine. She is very funny, interesting, and welcoming. Her recommendations on food and places of interest were invaluable. She helped us rediscover Paris all over again but with an insider's view.

Liked best: The host
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
8 Aug 2013
Dearest Carlyn and Mark, thank you for such a nice review.
I am happy to read that my help was "helpful" and my inputs valuable and that you found me funny :-).
Now you have been exceptional guests, should I say friends now ?
I know you have a very busy life so taking time to write this is already a gift for me.
Enjoy fishing, river trips and tomato season. in pies, salads, sauces, patés ... or "hats".
Hope that life will put us together again in a not too distant future.
Amicalement,
christie2...
Winnipeg, Canada
“Paris 2 Me”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

I enjoyed my stay in this cozy apartment very much - stayed in 2 other places in Paris and this was by far my favourite. The combination of an old building with modern finishing was a delight. Every morning when I opened the windows, I felt the history of many hands doing the same thing over the centuries. Yet the very updated, complete kitchen and great bathroom, complete with laundry, made it feel like home. My knees appreciated that the apartment was on the ground floor and with the secure entry it felt completely safe. The location of the property is very good - near to buses, metro, restaurants, shopping, and not far from the river and all its sights. Martine is very organized and this provides security and clarity which is helpful for a tourist. She also provides help and almost any service you could wish - directions, suggestions, personalized plans and follow up, prompt email contact, and friendly recommendations and tidbits. I took a gourmet tour of the area with her and enjoyed all the specialty places and interesting sights she knew. I could set the pace and liked the feeling of exploring without having to use a map or get lost! When I think of Paris I will always think of the experience of staying in Montorgeuil.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: ground floor, helpful owner
Liked least: cobbles
Travelling group: Solo
13 Jul 2013
Dear Chris, thank you very much for this wonderful review. It has been a pleasure to meet you, to stroll the streets in the Montorgueil-Halles area with you on a gentle pace, to share lunch at the Hedoniste.

I was happy to be able to help you, was happy when Nadal you favorite tennis player won in Roland Garros (you came for him didn't you ?).

Roland Garros is held every year so I hope to see you again even if Nadal is not part of it ... :-)

For the time being I wish you a nice Summer and to find your new career.

Friendly regards,

San Diego
Reviewed 27 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
27 May 2013
Hello Janice,

thank you very much for your lovely review.
It has been a pleasure to host you and your niece.You were great guests that I could recommend to any owner.

Hope all went well for the rest of your trip , that you had a nice photography workshop.

Looking forward to seeing you again, maybe with your husband.
As returning guests, you will benefit form nice advantages.
For the time being, wish you a nice summer.
London
Reviewed 7 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
7 Mar 2013
Lucy ... and Pete,

I am thrilled to read your review as I am now sure you will remember your 5Oth birthday as a great one and will be looking for the next celebration ! :-)
Hope to hear from you before then of course. You have been wonderful guests, positive, enthusiast willing to share. I will be checking my mailbox for your cookbook and hope to cook with you when you visit again.
Until then, I wish you the best and to enjoy London life and its gourmet addresses, culture and social life.
Sandra287...
Boughton-under-Blean, United Kingdom
“Fabulous warm and cosy apartment in very pleasant central location.”
Reviewed 28 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

What a gem. Fabulous ground floor apartment, very clean and cosy. Secure environment tucked away in quiet side street. As a female solo traveller felt very safe in the area. Great central location, few minutes walk to metro, Etienne Marcel, direct line from Gare du Nord. Good local shops, restaurants. Martine is an absolute treasure, so helpful, and a joy to meet. Recommend without hesitation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Very warm and comfortable for a winter visit.
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Older travelers Families with young children
27 Feb 2013
Thank you Sandra for such a nice comment, you make me blush ...
It has been a pleasure to host you and I would recommend you to any owner... Happy you were able to spend a day with your daughter.
Stay well and we'll probably meet again on one sode or the other of the Chanel.
Kind regards, Martine
Gers, France
Reviewed 21 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
21 Feb 2013
Dear Elaine and Mike,
thank you for this very kind and positive comment.
I am proud of your trust, asking me to participate to Elaine's birthday and your visit to Paris which does not happen that often, although you live in the South West of France.
I am happy you enjoyed the apartment, the area, the food- as you can enjoy very nice one where you live -, the Louvre and Montmartre.
I'll be happy to welcome you again whenever you celebrate or meet your daughter coming from London.
Kind regards
Martine
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing