“Fabulous apartment, fabulous area, fabulous host”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
alan c
Perth, Australia
“Fabulous apartment, fabulous area, fabulous host”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

This was a fantastic stay, in a charming and very comfortable apartment, in an amazing part of Paris. We spent a week here, and only touched the surface of this area. Fabulous restaurants and bars and chocolatiers and boulangeries and fromageries and stylish clothes, and beautiful churches and .... Well, Paris, really. All within a few hundred metres.
The apartment was exactly as shown on the web - small, but with everything you need. And it was wonderfully quiet. So relaxing to come home to after exploring the city.
Above all, Martine was a wonderful host. She went out of her way to meet us at the apartment, even though we were delayed getting in from the airport. She provided an exquisite breakfast of home made delights which set the tone for Parisian cuisine, and was fabulous after 20 hours in a plane. She gave us great advice on local shops and eateries, and rescued us mid-stay when we forgot how to manage the washing machine(holiday brain and jet lag can do strange things).
We were also delighted with our walking tour with Martine; her kindness and generosity and knowledge took us places we'd never have found, from hidden gardens to heavenly macarons. She is a treasure.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peaceful and comfortable oasis of an apartment, in the middle of such a lively area
Liked least: Having to leave
6 May 2014
Hello Rosy and Alan,

so nice to read your review and to give 5* to my services as this is my goal ; helping my guests making the most of their stay. I know the apartment is comfortable, and the location is excellent but I am not the only one in the area. I enjoy offering Paris, French food culture, all of the wonderful buildings, some History... Giving more than just hosting, sharing with you as I would do with friends.
I loved getting the kouign amann in several pastries and then come home and have a tasting ; sharing the Tarte tropézienne and making you discover some wonderful macarons and sour dough bread. I had fun following you in your shoe shopping.
And this was your belated honeymoon ? So you deserved a special a special treat !
Hope to see you again and discovering more of Paris with you.
I remember you're going to China for Xmas ? Enjoy it a lot and I am curious to hear about it early 2015... Happy New Year :-)
Reen75
Pennsylvania
“As Good as the Reviews Say”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

We have stayed in several apartments in Paris and this one is a top favorite. What makes this apartment so special? The central location is ideal for sightseeing and just minutes away from rue Montorgueil (a real plus!). The situation, being in a courtyard is lovely and quiet -- like an oasis in the middle of the city. The apartment has every amenity you could want including a full-sized fridge and oven, lots of dishes/utensils/pots and a separate washer and dryer (so much better than the washer-dryer combo you often get). The modern bathroom is also a good size with a powerful shower.

But what really makes this apartment special is Martine. She is so helpful, so quick to respond and very organized as well. I really appreciated that the apartment was fully supplied with basics like paper products, all cleaning supplies etc. so that we did not need to run out to the store right away. Even better, Martine did something that I have never experienced before: she gave us dinner for our first night and breakfast for the following morning. Delicious meals just waiting for us in the fridge (including wine!). I can't tell you how wonderful this was -- what a nice relaxing way to begin our stay!

28 Apr 2014
Bonjour Anne et Frank,

thank you so much for your extremely kind review. Every word touched my heart. I know the apartment location is good, i experience it everyday. I know the building is convenient and charming, being on the courtyard offers quiet nights.. But what you said about me, my services and my welcoming meals made my day. I love so much sharing Paris with my guests, making their stay as comfortable and easy as can be, that this review is reassuring me. Don't want to be just a roof and a bed ...
So thank you and I know I'll see you back as you love so much French wines and Gourmet food... Hope you got the wine you shipped...
Martinn
Angela D
Brisbane, Australia
“Great apartment in fabulous location”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

From the moment we stepped into the courtyard and saw the apartment, we loved it! The location is fabulous, being right near Rue Montmartre and Rue Montorgueil, both of which have great boulangeries/patisseries, boucheries (butchers) and supermarches. The apartment is easy to get to from Charles De Gaulle (CDG) airport, and is close to a Metro station (2 minutes walk) and RER station (3-4 minutes walk). The kitchen had everything we needed to cook great meals. Martine was so very helpful and welcoming! We will definitely be back to this apartment!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great location and comfortable apartment
Liked least: We preferred the sofa bed to the main bed (that maybe just us though)
Your age range 35-49
9 Jan 2014
Dear Angela and Pete,
Thanks for this kind review and for writing it so soon after you got back home.
I am happy you enjoyed you stay as you had so many things to celebrate. ( Birthday, Honeymoon...).
I am waiting to hosting you again in a couple of years when you celebrate again ...I know you already have you list of things to see that did not fit this time and I'll welcome you with pleasure and a very friendly deal.
For the time being, courage to go back to "normal" life.. and do not forget to have a look at my website and FB page to know what's going on in Paris.
Have a great 2014
Martine
Portland
Reviewed January 6, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Check-in / front desk Service
6 Jan 2014
Hello Mariko and Charles,
thank you so much for such a nice comment.
We had so much to talk about, so much to suggest as you are very curious ( art, antiques, food...). Also as you said you wanted to have a "feeling, get the atmosphere" not just a long list of "been there, done that".
So you'll definitely have to come back ( you already have some suggestions for next visit !) and I'll be thrilled to host you and cook with you.
For the time being, enjoy 2014, knit some warm clothes and eat some Gourmet food in Portland.
My very best friendly regards

martine
St. Louis
Reviewed October 31, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Check-in / front desk
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
31 Oct 2013
Merci beaucoup Alice et Kermit ...
It has been such a pleasure to host you, share some good time with you.
You are incredibly young at heart and your energy is wonderful.
Thanks for all the information you gave me (travel wisdom, restaurants).
I 'd like to be there when you will share with your family..
Take care and let's be in touch once in a while. Be assured that if you were to come back I will pamper you as good friends...

martine
NadeanLan...
Edmonton, Canada
“Absolutely perfect.....”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

We stayed at Martine's for 2 weeks in August and September, 2013 & would highly recommend this apartment. It is very clean and well furnished having everything one needs, and even more importantly, located centrally so easy access to all of the sights of Paris. Martine is an amazing host, fabulous chef and a very knowledgeable tour guide - she has a true love for Paris & it shows! We got wonderful advice on what to see & do and the one day walking tour of the gourmet district was an absolute highlight. Any recommendation from Martine on restaurants, shows, or things to see was spot on. We hope to return to this beautiful city & would definitely stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location in the gourmet district - very lively, and Martine!
Liked least: nothing at all!
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
7 Oct 2013
WOW Nadean, thank you SO much for this.
It has been a true pleasure to meet you, share time with you, taste David's Kosher cold meats in the Marais, discuss food and more.
I amp now curious to know about your week in Marseille...
Hope you settled back well and of course you are more welcome to come back as we have so much to discover and share about Paris, food, culture, life ... With special deal as returning guests of course.
Stay well until then... Martine
B.C. Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Check-in / front desk Service
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
30 Sep 2013
Hello Jacquie and Graham,
thank you SO much to take time to write a review as you are probably very busy getting back home after a few weeks of traveling.
And what a review !
You are so full of energy, you are so positive and so enthusiastic, you really have seen a lot within the week, I knew you'd love Paris. But I am also happy to read that you liked the apartment, it's location and equipment.
I also had a great time touring the Gourmet 6th with you, enjoying the tasting in Luxembourg, chatting...
Thank you for the "gem", a gem belongs to a treasure and your stay has been a real one for me, to cherish and remember for years... until your next visit (after UK... I know).
I am curious to know your comments about the honey and the mostarda de Cremona...
My very friendly and Gourmet regards,

Martinn
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing