“Dark”
Review of Hotel Pulitzer

Hotel Pulitzer
Ranked #587 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 27 October 2017

The room itself was ok, under the roof at the rear of the hotel, reachable with an old scruffy elevator and through dark corridors. Not really to our liking, that atmosphere. Very nice bathroom though. The location of the hotel is quite central, near to the bigger shopping locations and relatively close to Montmartre.

Room Tip: Ask not to have the back room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YvesMelis
YolandaParis, Directeur général at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear YvesMelis,
Thank you for your stay and your comment.
We understand you did not appreciate our corridors decoration in dark. It contrasts with our clear and brigt rooms. We have 2 differents buildings, one of them deserved by a small "parisien" lift, that respect our precious preserved building in the heart of Paris. Our 2nd building is deserved by a large lift (for 8 people); do not hesitate to ask for that building for your next stay.
We remain at your entire service
G.manager

Reviewed 26 October 2017

This was a great hotel. Comfortable room with fabulous shower. Towels, minibar (used as fridge for my milk).
We had mixed up our reservation and the clerk, helped us find another hotel. She was great.
Really good breakfasts. Good WIFI

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sanpanchocasa
From all the Pulitzer Paris team our warmer greatings.
We remain at your entire service.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Having read the reviews on line, we booked a Superior Room, for the extra space. When we arrived, we were upgraded to a Suite, free of charge! The suite was fantastic, AC worked well, double showers, but the best bit was the bed - without doubt the best hotel bed I have ever slept in! The hotel is 200m from the Grands Boulevard metro, surrounded by bars, restaurants and supermarkets, but was always very quiet at night (may have been where we were in the hotel, room 106 - but it was very peaceful at night) I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough: Clean, modern, stylish, staff were great, location excellent, and if you can stretch to a suite, it is definitely worth it.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
YolandaParis, Directeur général at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Jazzysdad,
Thank you very much for yout kind and pleasant comment. We are really glad you specially appreciated our high quality beds, as the rest of our fourniture, decoration and services. Above all the hole Pulitzer Paris staff is really grateful because you realised their motivation and efforts to keep rooms always sparcly cleans, and reserve an special VIP traitement to all our guests.
We remain at your entire service and disposal
On behalf of all the Pulitzer Paris team;

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

The whole experience was wonderful. Our room was comfortable, not spectacular, but it was all the other things that made staying there worthwhile: the staff was exceptional, the sitting areas in the lobby were funky and fun, the breakfast was great, and the neighborhood convenient for getting around walking, Metro, or taxi.

Stayed: September 2017
YolandaParis, Directeur général at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Sally Y,
Post as yours are for us the biggest motivation source, as your satisfaction is for us our main objectif. We are really happy to know we managed you to leave with a sweet souvernir from us.
All Pulitzer Paris team remains at your service and disposal

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Stayed there for a week. Loved the location a lot, you feel yourself in the middle of everything, which I personally like. The pricing is fair, it's a strange (in a good way), interesting hotel, with a not average interior.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
YolandaParis, Directeur général at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Eva K,

All the Pulitzer Paris Staff thank you for your nice feed back. We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you appreciated our piviledged location and service.

We remain at your entire disposal ans service

Reviewed 25 August 2017

This was my third stay at the Pulitzer in Paris. 5 years ago I found this hotel online, and had a lovely solo stay. And one of the best night's sleep I can remember, I simply passed out at 8PM and woke up 12 hours later feeling great. It was that memory and the great location that made me choose this hotel again when I visited Paris with my boyfriend 2 years later. He on the other hand wasn't so impressed - he disliked the decor and the size of the room. It's true the rooms are small, but I don't mind tiny hotel rooms, I've never had anything else in Paris anyway. That time we also had breakfast, which is served in the hotel basement. In short: it's not worth the money.

This year I went on another solo trip, and chose the Pulitzer again. The location is brilliant: plenty of food options near by, the 5 min walk to the metro is via the charming passage jouffroy and it's walking distance to the grand magazins (and montmartre I suppose if you're willing and able).
I arrived at 9 AM to drop of my bag, the ladies at the reception desk were very friendly and efficient (and I appreciate them gracefully putting up with my attempts at speaking French). After a bout of shopping I returned in the afternoon. My room was ready, rather small but very clean. It smelled nice too - I think this is actually some kind of house perfume they were selling at reception, but it wasn't entirely clear to me. But not air freshener I think :).
I tried to get an early night again, this time I had a bit more difficulties due to noise coming from the room upstairs and down the hallway. But as soon as the people had entered their own room it stopped, so I do think the walls are sound proofed, just not the ceiling and the door. There were also double windows to block the street noise.
I still slept pretty well - if there had been two people in that bed it would have been a little tight yes, but again I never had larger beds elsewhere in Paris either. The small queen size mattress was starting to sag a little on the sides so I just laid down in the centre, the pillows were all excellent.
Shower was good and hot (no tub), toiletries were nice. An actual hairdryer was supplied (instead of those horrible wall-mounted things) but it overheated fast - luckily I always bring my own) The towels were fluffy and smelled great.
I left my bags at reception and went out to enjoy my Sunday, and picked them up quickly before heading to the Gare du Nord.
For a solo stay in Paris the Pulitzer would still be my go-to place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank NinjaNeko
YolandaParis, Directeur général at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear NinjaNeko,
From all the Pulitzer Paris staff our warmest greetings. Thank you for your kindness and for your suggestions; they help us with our continue improvement policy.
All the Staff remains at you entire disposal and service

Reviewed 22 August 2017

The key point of this boutique hotel is price point. It was very much on the low end for this location and for the price point I think it did the job. What I liked about the hotel was location and boutique nature. The hotel is just a few blocks from many metro stops and a 15minute walk from Gare Du Nord is always useful. I also loved the lobby style and bathrooms in the room and good quality toiletries provided as well as the fluffy robe. What i felt that was lacking was room size and room decor and upkeep of rooms. The 'trendy' decor of metal furniture doesn't work just looks grim as does the dark painted hallways. Such idea don't work with old buildings just seem oppressive. There was a few things in my room that needed fixing - Light bulb not working, door handle fell off and inside closet rail broken. I did alert the desk staff who were friendly and courteous each time we passed through reception. Doubt I would return here since there's so many great options in Paris but all in all it was 'good' nothing amazing nothing terrible.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank stooshpr

Dear Stooshpr,

From all the Staff thank you for your stay with us and for having shared your experience with other travellers. We understand you did not enjoy the contrast of our new bathrooms with the metal fournitures, specially found for Pulitzer Paris, and our clear rooms (daylight) and dark corridors. We are sorry if informed items and light bulb was not changed before you arrived or if it was out of order after our daily verification. We take care of checking everyroom everyday and everything is fixed as soon as found. We thank you very much for your impressions; they help us to improve ourselves. We are glad you highly enjoyed our Boutique Style in a priviledge location in Paris. Be sure that we will work even hardly to make you next stay not only better, but higher then your expectations.
Do not hesitate to come back yo us, we remain at your entire service