“Good hotel”
Review of Fertel Maillot

Fertel Maillot
Ranked #1,188 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 14 September 2015

Hotel is a small, clean hotel that is central. It is round the corner, a 10 minute walk from the arc de triumph, surrounded by lots of nice bars and restaurants. In my opinion it isn't walkable to the eiffel tower, we got a taxi and it was quite far out, could walk it but it would take 30 minutes. Free breakfast in your room. Very quiet hotel we didn't see any other customers there the whole time we were there. They let you leave your luggage in the hotel when you get there and when you leave. Don't get the receptionist to order you a taxi, they order the most expensive one witn a 10 euro charge already on, walk up the road and get one yourself for loads cheaper.

We got a room right near the busy main road, we stayed for 2 nights on the first night we go woken up by loud horns and sirens beeping outside the window and the second night we got woken up by people screaming and shouting.

Wifi was good, staff were friendly

Overall it is a nice hotel, next time I would probably go for a hotel more in the centre of Paris as it is worth spending more for.

Room Tip: Dont get one near the main road view
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 July 2015

My mother and I stayed here from 1-10 June 2015. The rooms are quite basic but comfortable. The wifi was good and we didn't have any problems with it dropping out - great considering I had to do a little work while I was there. Breakfast was great! we really looked forward to breakfast each morning with great service and a good variety of fresh croissants and breads/ jams etc. Only continental breakfast on offer but that suits me just fine! There are some amazing restaurants near the hotel and if you are in the area, make sure you go to Le Relais De Venise which is just a couple of minutes walk from the hotel. There are always lots of people lined up outside the restaurant and when you go you will understand why! Getting back to the hotel - we found the concierge to be very helpful and all with excellent english. Close to the Metro and only about a 10-15 minutes walk to the Arc de Triomphe and the start of the Champs Elysees. Its the only hotel I have stayed in while in Paris so I have no comparison there but I think it is well worth a stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

Fertel Maillot is a small, cute, chic hotel in the heart of Paris. Right across the road from RER and metro station, it only takes a few minutes to get to all the must see places. It's surrounded by wonderful restaurants. Location could not be better. Beds were very comfy, air con was great, free wifi, great bathroom, breakfast was limited by lovely. The staff are all very friendly and multi-lingual. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2015

Just finished a five day stay at this very good hotel,really enjoyed our stay nice comfortable room very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfasts were also good and for a relatively small hotel we were extremely pleased with our stay. Every thing you'd want from a hotel you just about got and I'd have nothing but compliments to say.

Room Tip: Possibly a high rise room like the one we had
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend have just got back from a long weekend in Paris. We would recommend this hotel, as it is not only in a great location (right next to the Metro Porte Maillot), but it is also clean and the staff are friendly and helpful.

The hotel is very basic, but this does not matter if you are purely there for sightseeing (as we were), you aren't in the hotel long enough anyway.

The hotel is situated in the perfect location. A few seconds walk from the Metro and about a 15mins walk from the Arc De Triomphe and a 30mins walk from the Champs Elysees (doesn't feel this long though). Other main locations such as the Eiffel Tower and the Sacre Coeur are also no more than 6-20mins away by train from the hotels nearest Metro station (Porte Maillot). There are also many restaurants which line the roads around the hotel, so you never struggle with places to eat and a supermarket not far towards the Arc De Triomphe.

The breakfast at the hotel is simple and delicious! And your hotel room is cleaned everyday.

Check in is at 2pm and check out is at 11am. However, if your flight isn't until the evening, like ours was, the staff let you leave your bags round the back so you can use the day to sight see after checking out.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emyweez
Reviewed 29 June 2015

We were attending an event at the palais de congres and needed a hotel nearby that wasn't too expensive. Compared to many Paris hotels, the fertel maillot was well within our budget (100euro a night for a twin room) and across the road for the congres. The hotel isn't anything flashy - it's a 3 star and looks like one - but it's more than comfortable. The room was a decent size, and the bathroom had good lighting (a must for a girls trip)! Even though the hotel was fully booked the weekend we stayed, it was never overly noisy. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, and all extra amenities we asked for (eg. an iron) were provided. The hotel is a 5min walk from the arc de triomphe and a 15min walk from the eiffel tower. The metro and RER are right outside, and there were lots of restaurants and cafes in walking distance. I'd easily recommend this hotel for a well priced base in Paris, and a must if attending events at the palais.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2015

I only just may my account ehih is why it took me so lon to write the review. i have stayed in this hote withmy friend in October 2014, and the location is PERFECT. Only a 10/15 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower, a 2 minute walk from D'arc de triopmhe and champs elysees. The rooms are of a good standard, are were cleaned everyday to an expected standard. There is only one BUT...

The breakfast staff were awful. I know its a harsh word to use, but honestly their facial expressions made it obvious this is the last place they want to be in. Whenever you asked them about something they would huff and puff at you, and at one point I ordered (In french) hot chocolate, and she brought me coffee, so I said that I wanted a hot chocolate and she just gave me an awful look as if I had no right to say that and when she went to the kitchen, she started moaning about the whole situation. It is not a comfortable thing for a guest - if you don't like your job - don't do it, but if you decide to stay then don't make other people uncomfortable.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel for its location as maybe she just had a bad day.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicole K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Passy
Hotel du Roule
#4 of 8 in Neuilly-sur-Seine
Hotel La Villa des Ternes
#244 of 1,809 in Paris

Been to Fertel Maillot? Share your experiences!