“Right out of the 50's movies--so very French with just the right American twists.”

Peletier Haussmann Opera Hotel
Ranked #1,501 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Great location for Metro and not-to-be-missed Galleries Lafayette (food, fashion and fun) and oh so very helpful and pleasant desk staff speaking perfect English. The small, clean, quiet rooms; the world's smallest elevator which causes one to climb the tightly spiralling staircase rather than use it; the slightly shabby but quite acceptable condition of the interior decor; the windows one can open onto the 6 story inside courtyard for lovely fresh air and calling up to friend's rooms; and the terrific shower pressure all lead up to a perfect Paris experience--and all for a real budget price. So happy we fell into this place and will definitely return next trip to fabulous Paris, France.
Bon jour, travelers. Treat yourself to a bit of the real thing.

Room Tip: book early.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 February 2011

Check in: This was the only bad part of my stay, the employee checking me in denied that i had a booking an attempted to send me elsewhere, was quite britlle in manner and denied that i had confirmed the booking despite me advising that i had been emailing another employee about my late arrival in the days prior to my visit. While the employee was dealing with another 2 visitors i noticed my name in the reservations book and pointed this out to him. The employee was very apologetic and we evenrually got checked-in.They looked after our cases on check-out.

Rooms: small but had everything we needed. TV, shower/bath, safe and hairdryer. The room was clean and not unlike the Tonic Hotel du Louvre where we have stayed before (except much cheaper).

Breakfast: was very basic- bread, croissants, tea coffee and fruit juice.

Location: near metro station and have good links to several sightseeing stops. Walking distance to Hard Rock Cafe and Sacre Couer. Very safe area.

I would stay here again but advise emailing or phoning to conform your reservation.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2011

We had a nice experience in this hotel, the rooms are small but clean. No problems encountered. The staff was very friendly and spoke English very well. You have to see the smallest elevator in the world ;-) No trouble getting a good night sleep at all.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2010

You get what you've paid for, then you pay more :) There is an extra charge for everything, including cleaning and drink in minibar, so make sure you keep some extra cash for check out. Breakfast at 6 euro pp (half of a baguette, a croissant, butter and jam, coffee) charged extra. Rooms small and shabby but kept as clean as they can be by helpfull staff. Clean bathroom and fresh towels daily. Great location for amazing food in Rue des Martyrs and great if you want ot walk around the city, which we did and recommend. Very thin walls between the rooms, so noisy neighbours might be a problem, but the receptionists are very helpful and attentive. Paris is very expensive altogether, so you can either get a great room and pay a fortune, or pay less and get what we got, nothing special, but after all you only sleep there anyway.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Very cosy hotel, with the an extremely tiny elevator, but that's just wath's so charming about it! Some of the staff where really great, and took time to explain and recommend where to eat or og. Others where just "normal". Breakfast just ok.
If I don't want to pay more to be able to live closer to the city center next time I go to Paris, I would choose this one again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We wanted to stay close to the Opera Garnier during our recent visit to Paris, France. After reading several reviews, we decided to stay at this hotel. The hotel is located within walking distance to a lot of sites and close to 2 metro stations. Galeries Lafayette, the largest (and a must-see) department store is located only a few blocks away from the hotel. The English-speaking staff was friendly and attentive. However, our room was very small with a very small bathroom. The room was dingy and seemed to be in a great need of refurbishing. The elevator was extremely small...large enough to hold only 2 average size people!! Smallest elevator I have ever seen!!! Will I stay at this hotel again? No. However, it may be ok for very budget-minded people or students travelling on low budget.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Arrived in the morning, stayed 3 nights on the inner side of the building at room 512, level 5. I had read through the reviews about the small lift. It was still a surprise when I experienced it myself. It's not easy to cramp two adults in there. Location wise is still considered well, 2 blocks away from Galleries Lafayette and Printemps & 2 mins walk to Richelieu - Drouot Metro & it's possible to walk to the Lourve in the morning, street-sighting at the shops.

My peeves are lack of a flask to boil water and had to call reception for hot water and had to get it myself and 2 nights were being disturbed by the Parisians right outside my room, they were very rowdy. I got a shock when I got back early to the hotel in the afternoon, it was darkness right after the door from the lift. I had feel my way to the door of my room then I check with reception that I had to turn on the corridor lights myself as they were saving energy. Then while we were in the room, the cleaning lady came in to vacuum the carpet, thought it was done when making up the room?

Tips for those who are staying there.
1. Bring your own bottle to get water, best if you could bring your own flask AND your own mugs, they provide plastic cups.
2. Look out for a switch with a small red light to turn on the corridor's lightings.

Had paid about 320euros for the 3 nights, for such a 2 stars hopefully the rates could be lower.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple