“Bedbugs”

Ranked #652 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Bedbugs”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

With a last minute business trip to Paris and the Paris Air Show in town, hotel rooms were limited. This hotel was in a good neighborhood and close to the metro. Unfortunately, there were bedbugs. I noticed a bug on the pillowcase when I woke from a nap but due to jetlag and overall exhaustion, I figured the chances of it being a bedbug were slim to none. Later that evening, I checked the rest of the bed and saw nothing. At 2am I awoke itching and when I turned on the light, there were 2 more on my pillowcase. In the time it took me to repack my bag in order to move to another room, I found and killed 8 bugs. I had several spots on my arms and a number of blood stains on the sheets. YUCK!
I don't know if one room can be infected without the rest of the hotel but I was in room 503.

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
9 Thank DogloverSLC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We arrived at the hotel from CDG by taxi at around 9.30am after a 20 hour flight from Australia..Five hours early for check in...so were surprised to immediately be shown to a room (103) on the first floor.
Beautifully furnishes with a queensized bed(so comfortable) Desk to set up laptop and access the free wi fi,cupboard and draws to hang and store your clothes and luggage and a safe for all your valuables.
Gorgeous stained glass windows in the bedroom and bathroom you can open right up to really let Paris in..great for people watching
The bathroom is huge in this room.Big bath and shower ,Toilet and basin and plenty of room to store your toiletries.
After a long day sightseeing the bath is heaven to soak in !
The room was cleaned daily with fresh towels and sheets plus little bath/shower products.
The hotel is literally 30 steps from the metro,so you can get to anywhere in the city easily.
There are lot's of wonderful shops,cafes and bars and restaurants around this area,plus two supermarkets right across the road from the hotel for anything you may need.
After many months researching and reading reviews on T.A . I could not be happier with my choice to stay at Hotel Vaneau..A charming and elegant hotel in a very pretty part of the city add to that friendly staff that are there 24/7 to help with anything you may need.
I believe the choice of accommodation is key to an enjoyable holiday and in choosing Hotel Vaneau my dream holiday in Paris was PERFECTON!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Hotel Vaneau Saint Germain was a great choice for us, staying only 2 nights in Paris, and needing a place that could easily access all the sights that wouldn't be too expensive. The hotel is right around the corner from the Vaneau Metro (on line 10), and across the street from 2 supermarkets, from which we chose to get breakfast and snacks instead of paying for their 14 Euro breakfast.

The staff was very helpful and friendly to us, although I can see why some people thought they were a bit off-putting. It's one of those situations where if you make it a point to be nice to them and aren't overly demanding, they will be nice back.

The rooms were comfortable, clean and neatly decorated, and large windows give way to the Parisian street below. There were air conditioning units in every room, which made it easy to get good sleep. The size of the rooms were decent for an urban setting.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Westlake Village, California
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Rooms desperately need updating. There is a tiny closet and 3 tiny drawers so we lived out of our suitcases for 6 days. There is no storage in the bathroom to put out your tolietries. The carpets are old and dirty and the mattresses are poor quality. After the first night I complained about our mattress and it was replaced with one a little better. Our friends room was the same. The staff was friendly and helpful. Everyone spoke English. The metro is close. The internet was great. There is no elevator to floors 5 and 6.

Room Tip: All the rooms face noisy streets.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank GypsyEmpress
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2011

This hotel was in an amazing location, right beside the Vaneau metro, and close to two other stops within a five minute walk. You can get anywhere quite easily in Paris, including outside of Paris (Versailles). It was a nice area to walk around, including many brasseries and very good restaurants close by. The room was OK, and acceptable if you plan on spending no time in your room. The carpet was dirty, and the bathroom was large but with a very tiny shower. Read: tiny, as in you can barely move around, and are forced to struggle just to wash your hair (I am 5'9", my partner is 5'10"). We stayed in this room for 2 weeks. Though the service was excellent at the beginning, it was rather lacking by the end. The maid ignored the "please do not disturb" sign almost every day. We were forced to scramble out of bed, to prevent her from walking in on us. The charges made to our bill were very questionable (such as items charged from the mini fridge, which had not actually been used). On a few occasions, we were locked out of our room because they had claimed that we had not paid the weeks bill (though we had). There were miscommunication problems between the front desk attendants, and this led to our being locked out of our room at least twice. I would consider staying in this room for a night or two, though for the price I would have expected much more. You really can't beat the location. This is not a great place to stay for an extended vacation.

Room Tip: Best rooms: fourth floor or higher (view)
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lissza
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2011

First of all, it's worth noting that the hotel, while a nice old building, is a bit out of the Saint Germain district it's known for. And in fact just down the road across the street is a huge construction site. It's also very noisy and while we were here we couldn't avoid opening the windows. The air conditioning blows directly onto the bed and there's no way to adjust it. The shower is loose and the kleenex box fell onto the floor the moment we touched it. Internet hasn't worked since we've been here and neither does the advertised wifi in the lobby. The room itself is nice but the place has a slightly rundown quality to it. Not the worst ever, but disappointing.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
singapore
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I had a very bad experience with the airport shuttle booked thru the hotel and warn anyone from taking it. Hotel is unwilling to assist in the issue also deter me from ever staying again /recommending this hotel to others.

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and upon check-in, booked the airport shuttle to airport for my departure 2 days later .

I had a flight at 12pm and was advise by hotel to be pick up at 9am. Paid 14 Euros to the hotel for the shuttle ( Balance 18Euro to be paid to driver).

On my day of departure, the airport shuttle was late by 35 mins, has a extemely rude driver who still take his own sweet time to go toilet and chat with the hotel staff. When we asked him why is he so late, he dumped my luggage on the floor and told us that that how his service is , take it or leave it.

We are also forced to pay in full e balance 18 Euro before we can board the shuttle and he refuse to give me my receipt till we reach the airport. As we are in a hurry to catch the plane, we have no choice but to pay him.

We then spend the next 20 mins on shuttle driving around the city only for him to stop by another hotel. It was then we realise that he stil have 3 more hotels to visit before he is prepared to send me to the airport. By then it was already 10.10am and we are still in Paris city. Despite our plea that we can going to be late for the flight, he ignore us and continue to wait for his passenger. Therefore we have no choice but to get off the shuttle and take a taxi to the airpot spending another 50 Euro for the taxi.

Email and phone call to the hotel to ask for refund of the shuttle fee and details of the shuttle service company is ignore.

Therefore, be warned and think twice to use this hotel and its services.

Also the airport shuttle company is Navette Aeroport.
[-]

Wouldnt recommend them to anyone . Thank you.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends