“Excellent hotel, excellent location.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Vaneau Saint Germain

Hotel Vaneau Saint Germain
Ranked #814 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
baltimore
“Excellent hotel, excellent location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

Just spent 4 night there, location cant be beat, room very nice with cable, clean, nice people to help you, I paid about $160 a night booking internet in advance which for central nice hotel in Paris is very good deal, did not take breakfast as 14 euros was much too high for what they had. Grocery store right across street, wonderful restaurants, for me this is perfect hotel, I will stay again.

Room Tip: just a few steps from the Vaneau station, great to get to and from airport only one stop and change...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Rosemere, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

This hotel is located in close proximity to the Metro Vaneau. The reception was nice. The bedding was clean and the room well remade every day.
We had room 101 (first floor). This room is located on the front of the hotel, near two busy streets and grocery stores with merchandise delivered very early in the morning. Because the window in not soundproof, we heard all these noises. The hotel is located close to the subway so we could hear the subway pass below our room. Finally, we heard the sound of a toilet flush or something like that. What an environment for 199 EUR per night.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gilles786

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

Located at the corner of Rue Vaneau and one major street the nose level is significant. We were given a room on the second floor facing Both streets for our first night. The noise of traffic especially motor bikes and delivery trucks were phenomenal day and night. After our bitter complaint we got transferred to a similar room on the 5th floor which is a lot better due to better sound proof window. The attitude of staffs varied. We have dealt with two. The first lady upon our check in was very nice and helpful.but the second lady is rather rude and impatient. She looked irritated when we complained about the noise level and flatly told us to put on an ear plug if we think the noise is too much. Besides the traffic noise Vaneau is actually a nice hotel itself. It is clean with modern renovation and super convenient. Just 1 minutes walk to Metro. Breakfast is of good quality. If they can improve on sound proof on windows etc, it is a nice place to stay in Paris.

Room Tip: Facing inside, high floor is best.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Qinnergy
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

Stayed here with my boyfriend on a trip to Paris last December. Due to our flight being delayed we did not arrive until 12:30am, but the man on the desk was very understanding and we felt at ease. The location was good; it took us about 20 mins to walk to the Eiffel Tower and there was a metro station right next to it. The room was small but it added to the Parisian character. The bed was very clean and the bathroom was modern. It was sometimes a little noisy at night but we were usually so tired from sightseeing we could just sleep through it! Overall we had a great stay and would reccommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

I've stayed here five times. It's not the fanciest, but it has character unlike the big chain hotels which all look the same whatever city you're in. It's very clean. There have never been bed bugs as stated in the other review - I wouldn't go if there was. (I've seen that exact review before for another hotel).
The rooms have fireplaces and some have original stained glass windows and a little Juliet balcony - great to open the doors and look out on a warm evening. Very comfortable beds.
It's in a great location - easy walking distance of attractions and shops. Small supermarket across the road or Grand Epicerie a few minutes walk away. Also 5 minutes walk to 2 metro lines.
Breakfast's not worth it so I get a coffee and croissant at the bistro next door.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Ecossaisa
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

With a last minute business trip to Paris and the Paris Air Show in town, hotel rooms were limited. This hotel was in a good neighborhood and close to the metro. Unfortunately, there were bedbugs. I noticed a bug on the pillowcase when I woke from a nap but due to jetlag and overall exhaustion, I figured the chances of it being a bedbug were slim to none. Later that evening, I checked the rest of the bed and saw nothing. At 2am I awoke itching and when I turned on the light, there were 2 more on my pillowcase. In the time it took me to repack my bag in order to move to another room, I found and killed 8 bugs. I had several spots on my arms and a number of blood stains on the sheets. YUCK!
I don't know if one room can be infected without the rest of the hotel but I was in room 503.

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
9 Thank DogloverSLC
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

We arrived at the hotel from CDG by taxi at around 9.30am after a 20 hour flight from Australia..Five hours early for check in...so were surprised to immediately be shown to a room (103) on the first floor.
Beautifully furnishes with a queensized bed(so comfortable) Desk to set up laptop and access the free wi fi,cupboard and draws to hang and store your clothes and luggage and a safe for all your valuables.
Gorgeous stained glass windows in the bedroom and bathroom you can open right up to really let Paris in..great for people watching
The bathroom is huge in this room.Big bath and shower ,Toilet and basin and plenty of room to store your toiletries.
After a long day sightseeing the bath is heaven to soak in !
The room was cleaned daily with fresh towels and sheets plus little bath/shower products.
The hotel is literally 30 steps from the metro,so you can get to anywhere in the city easily.
There are lot's of wonderful shops,cafes and bars and restaurants around this area,plus two supermarkets right across the road from the hotel for anything you may need.
After many months researching and reading reviews on T.A . I could not be happier with my choice to stay at Hotel Vaneau..A charming and elegant hotel in a very pretty part of the city add to that friendly staff that are there 24/7 to help with anything you may need.
I believe the choice of accommodation is key to an enjoyable holiday and in choosing Hotel Vaneau my dream holiday in Paris was PERFECTON!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple