“New 5 stars hotel, romantic”
Review of Hotel Le Burgundy

Hotel Le Burgundy
Ranked #166 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I get my deluxe room for 400 $ and is really worth it, excellent service nice swimming pool , sauna, hamam. Good location

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Lienalena
There are newer reviews for Hotel Le Burgundy

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We had a great stay in February at this exceptional boutique hotel. Service is impeccable, so is the SPA and the restaurant who deserves its Michelin Star. Frontdesk staff is more than helpful!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed for three nights with adjoining rooms (with a single entrance).

Almost everything about this hotel was first class. Room service, restaurant (top rated), comfortable rooms and beds and, most importantly, the location within walking distance of major attractions (and on the metro).

A minor problem were the room keys which kept getting wiped. Probably best to hand them in when you go out.

The place is also very expensive. But if you are having a special trip to Paris it is hard not to afford a little luxury.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I can't say enough great things about this hotel. Often times, high end hotels seem either too big to feel personally welcomed, too faux rich or too hipster trendy. This hotel was beautiful and unique in it's own. The interior design is subtle while unique, and the vision for the hotel felt consistent. Every staff member I spoke with was hospitable, kind and understood how important their roles were in providing us the best experience throughout our stay there. They were welcoming, respectful, displayed personal attention to detail. I even bought their scented candle to reminisce the wonderful experience I had in Paris, staying at le burgundy. Although pricey like most 5 stars, my experience felt well worth the price compared to the others. I hope to one day return in few years.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Le burgundy Hotel is in a really fantastic location, absolutely central to everything. We walked to all the sightseeing places with ease. The metro (subway) is less than 100m.
The hotel is superb,exquiste and so luxurious. Like many rooms in Paris it is more expensive than we may be used to in Australia (400 Euro) but it offered the true experience of what I hoped my first trip to Paris would be.
The hotel staff were helpful, friendly and welcoming. Just a glance in their direction and they were ready to assist with any query you may have.
Did I mention how divine the rooms were....really beautiful and our looked at in to the central courtyard. It was very quite and one morining we slept through to 11am as the luxurious velvet curtains blocked out all light.
The spa an swimming pool are sublime, hues of blue, lounges, towels and newspapers all on hand.
If you want to experience Paris the way it should be seen, start by staying here. It will fulfill your Parisian dream.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank SimBrisbane
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We wanted to stay in a part of Paris we hadn't visited and chose the Burgundy because of the location, and because it seemed somewhat luxurious without being stuffy. Much of our experience was truly wonderful. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We like hotels that have good common areas and this one's was nice--we spent a bit of time in the lounge, although if the music had been more consistent, it would have been far more inviting. A jazzy standard would be followed by something loud and raucous---odd.

The bedrooms are comfortable and clean and well-furnished and fitted out; I don't think it's possible to find a room in France that doesn't have gorgeous curtains!

What I didn't like: They have scented candles that overpower the common areas and manage to seep into the rooms. The first night, I really thought we were going to have to leave, because my husband is usually sensitive to perfumes. Fortunately, he didn't seem to notice, but honestly, that permeating scent would make me think twice before going back.

The rooms either look out over the interior of the building (looking down on a glass roof) or Rue Duphot. We had two rooms, as our daughter was with us, so got to see both types. Rue Duphot, though a bit noisy in the mornings, was preferable, I thought, because the interior-facing rooms also face other rooms, so you pretty much have to keep your drapes closed.

We ate in the restaurant our first night there, and the food and service were very good. The appetizers were surprisingly large, and could have made a meal. It was hard to finish everything.

I never use hotel pools, but their small, dimly lit one was relaxing and charming and always empty: I used it twice.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank epilogue
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stayed here for 5 days over the Christmas period and really enjoyed it. We were a little worried as we had previously stayed at another hotel in Paris repeatedly for Christmas and always loved it but it had simply become too expensive but as a result this place had a lot to live up to.

First impressions were excellent. Helpful staff and nice lobby. The room I was in was beautifully decorated and comfortable and although the bathroom was a little small, it had all you need. My only complaint about the room was that the separate room for the toilet was so small the door hits you in the back when you walk in if you aren't careful. The spa was lovely as was the food and the service was friendly and helpful. In fact the were only two issues; first was that you have to spell out exactly what you want from room service including asking for butter to go with bread and sauces (mayo, ketchup, mustard) with burger, fries or sandwiches but really it wasn't the end of the world. The second issue was rather larger. On the last day my sister was dressed extremely casually for travelling and when struggling to get through the front door of the hotel rang the bell for help. She was let in and beaconed over to the desk where they gave her a mop and duster assuming she was a cleaner! She was mortified and they apologised but after 4 days they should have recognised her in such a small hotel or at least not have jumped to conclusions. Very embarrassing!! We all laughed about it but it was kind of awkward. Over all though a very good stay and we will probably go back next year minus my sisters outfit for the final day!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family