“Very good hotel in central Paris”
Review of K+K Hotel Cayre

K+K Hotel Cayre
Ranked #255 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Romania
“Very good hotel in central Paris”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Good location, nice building, rooms are rather small but fully equipped and comfy. Nice, helpful staff, subway station just in front of the building, relatively quiet room.

Room Tip: Last floor (7th) has great views but smaller rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
London, UK
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I recently went back to this property and had a repeat of the same good experience I had the year before, so thought it warranted a review. Choosing somewhere to stay in Paris is inexplicably difficult and I would highly recommend K+K. It's not the cheapest, but hotels in Paris are generally expensive, but it will definitely be a good value compared to many.
The hotel is in a great location, just adjacent to the Rue du Bac metro station and within walking distance of so many spots on the Left Bank - The Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, St Germain, Luxembourg and also so close to the river to cross over to the Louvre. It's also a few minutes walk to my favourite place in Paris, the food halls of Le Bon Marche :)
The rooms are comfortable and totally functional, with a big bathroom compared to many hotels I've stayed at in Paris. And best thing - the staff. Both trips everyone at the front desk (and still the same faces from my previous trip) were super friendly and helpful. Same for those in the breakfast room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank wheretonexxt
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This was the first hotel in Paris I stayed at that I didn't book myself since this I stayed here for a business trip. As soon as I found out the hotel I would be staying at, I checked Trip Advisor right away and was delighted to find out it had excellent reviews and was in a great location.

Check-in was a breeze. The staff are accommodating and friendly. My room was very clean and, despite being in a fairly busy area, very quiet. Since I like my room temperature to be on the cold side, I was pleased to discover that it could be brought down to 12 degrees Centigrade (or about 54F). I've stayed in hotel rooms in Europe that were too warm, especially during the winter, so it was good to have the option of temperature control. The bathroom was very clean and water pressure was very good.

Breakfast was not included in the room rate and at 28 euros, was a bit steep so my companions and I opted to eat at the nearby cafes. There's a cafe half a block away that has a very good International breakfast (tea/coffee, orange juice, croissant, bread, and omelette) for 15 euros. Laduree was also within walking distance (about 10 to 15 mins, depending on walking speed) so it was yet another good breakfast place to go to.

I normally stay at hotels on the Right Bank but should I ever have to stay on the Left Bank, I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We just got home, and I have to write before I forget. First of all my Husband and I decided to go to Paris for his 30th birthday, we had to go at half term as I am a teacher. This hotel was very reasonably priced.
The hotel was quite easy to get to from the eurostar and the metro was right outside. The Staff were just so polite at this hotel. They started speaking to us in French. We quickly used one of our only French Phrases to ask if they spoke English and they did perfectly!
We stayed on the 6th floor. The view was very pretty and we had no street noise. It was small but not cramped and it is in central Paris so what we expected. The bathroom was spotless and the towels were huge white and fluffy!
Breakfast was lovely, huge selection including Cereals with a selection of nuts, yogurts, hot scrambled eggs and bacon, pastries, smoked salmon, salad, fruit, breads, cold meats etc etc.
We had the best time in Paris and this hotel made our trip so complete. One tip we found it helped to try to use some basic French even if you know none like we did, it is good manners and it gets a much better response.

Room Tip: I would guess the higher the better.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ally83
Covina, California
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I did alot of homework before choosing K+K Hotel Cayre. If you are looking for modern, well kept rooms with immaculate bathrooms, K+K Hotel Cayre is your place, not to mention the warm and helpful staff. Other pluses are there are two computers for the guests in the lobby, Rue du Bac Metro literally is a few steps out the front door and if you are sending anything back home, the post office is across the street. The staff at the front desk are very good about helping you get around on the bus and Metro. My only suggestion would be that they vary the breakfast menu. My thumbs up to everyone at the K+K Hotel Cayre, I hope to return one day.

Room Tip: My room was on a lower level so the only view I had were the shops across the street, which didn'...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Dee A
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We stayed in this hotel from 3 to 6 February. It was very nice, clean, comfortable and in an amazing location. We walked around the area with great ease, firstly up to the Montparnasse area then down to the river and across to the Louvre. Great seeing the Place de la Concorde Obelisk and big wheel to the left and Notre Dame to the right. Lots of shops, bars, restaurants in the area too.

There was a metro station pretty much right outside the hotel (Rue de Bac). We got a direct train from there to Montmartre (Abessess) and back again, from Pigalle, going past our stop up to Montparnasse. A handy route.

We did the Red Bus open top tour (brrrrr freezing cold). Not the best I'm afraid. The driver sat at stops for ages with nobody getting on or off and the temperature was around -8 C. Other tour buses went past us and the service was supposed to be every 10 minutes. Anyway, we survived.

Back to the hotel...breakfast was very nice, continental with hot scrambled eggs and crispy bacon as well. Lots of baguette, croissant, pain au chocolate, bread, fresh fruit, fruit salad, yoghurt, cheese, cold meats, cereal, fruit juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Really nothing to complain about.

There is a small but well stocked bar in the foyer area, where coffee as well as alcohol is served. There is a limited menu, I you want to eat in the hotel in the evening, but there are so many eateries close by that are worth investigating. We went to La Fregate, right by the river at the foot of Rue de Bac, the street which runs down from the hotel across Boulevard St Germaine. It was lovely inside, with friendly staff. The food was average unfortunately. We'd had better steaks in Scotland, but the menu was extensive and the wine delicious (every cloud...).

The other place we ate in was Cafe Le Flores, round the corner from the hotel on Rue de Grenelle. A bustling, warm and inviting bistro bar, with a good looking menu and wine list. We preferred the food here as well as the ambience. We'd go back. Roast chicken tasted like chicken should and the veal with Morel mushroom and cream sauce was well cooked and very tasty.

The only issue in the hotel, in my opinion, was the other clientele slamming their room doors, most unnecessarily.

Oh I also liked the shoe polishing machines on each floor. Simple things, but necessary when we were there because of the salt on the pavements to melt the ice. My boots were always cleaned on return to the hotel.

We had a room on the third floor (315) which was overlooking the street. No real issue with street noise. This was classed as an executive room. Not massive but a decent enough size with a nice bathroom. Toiletries provided (shower gel, shampoo, body lotion, soap bars) which were replenished each day, whether used up or not. Hair drier in the bathroom seemed adequate enough. Although I didn't use for my hair, it quickly cleared the steamed up mirror after a shower.

Wifi access available, which was really only of use in the business area in the foyer, as the signal wasn't strong enough on the 3rd floor. Business area included 2 computers and printers, so we accessed the BA site to check in and print boarding passes. Laptop connections available in the room when wifi was weak.

All in all, a very enjoyable stay and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We liked the third floor, room 315, at front of the hotel overlooking the street.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Egon_Rosie
new york city,new york
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This is the second time we have visited Paris and stayed at the K&K hotel Cayre. It is one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in. The rooms are great, service impeccable and location cannot be beat! The hotel is across the street from the metro and two bus stops that can take you anywhere in Paris. The breakfast is fabulous and if you wake up really, really early, coffee is ready and available. I would stay in this hotel again and would stay at all of their properties based on our experience in Paris. The hotel will recommend restaurants in the area that are very good. I found excellent local restaurants on Rue du Jacob (about a 5 minute walk from the hotel) that are filled with local french.

Room Tip: When booking, ask for room facing street.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family