This is a huge hotel but it never seemed full. It was a very relaxing, easy going place. The room was very clean and comfortable. The TV had a vast selection of channels in French and English. This Hotel literally had everything.
On check in we were asked where we would prefer to stay, the front or rear. I asked for the receptionists recommendation and we were given a lovely room overlooking the front. He mentioned it may be noisier but we never noticed. There is music outside but that stops early enough and the street becomes quiet.
There was very little noise from the hotel itself and we rested very well here. The rooms have all you could possibly need for a comfortable stay. The shower is very good. You do have to step into a bath for it so if this is a problem just be aware. Clean towels are provided every day and shower gels are replaced.
The cleaners come around from nine am but if you put the do not disturb sign up until you're ready they leave you alone. The breakfast is twenty five euro per person and I'm sure it's nice but we didn't try it as there are lots of cafes and restaurants very nearby where you will get a big meal for a lot less. This isn't to take away from the Hotel but it's a personal choice.
The Hotel is very close to Metro access and if you pay twenty euro per person (Weekend) you can hop on and off heading anywhere you'd like inside zone 1 Paris. Zone 1 is all of the sights.
The Hotel was, as I say, beautiful albeit dated and in need of small touch ups here and there. This wouldn't effect my review as I've stayed in more expensive French Hotels and gotten much less. The staff almost all speak English but all you need to is ask...
The staff at the Concierge desk were fantastic. If you have any difficulty finding where you need to go, they will help. They will tell you which Metro (Number and colour) to get and the stops to look for. Fantastic staff. Always have a map with you with the Metro on it as you'll never get lost. The Metro is very reliable but can get full quickly but they'll get you where you need to go.
Can't recommend this Hotel Highly enough, loved it and I'll definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star hotel Crowne Plaza Paris Republique is a unique building easily accessible and only few minutes away from all attractions (Grands Boulevards, Montmartre, Eiffel Tower...). Parisian people love going around the numerous bars, restaurants and shops that surround the Place de la RÃ©publique which is easily reached by 5 metro lines. For a comfortable stay, the Crowne Plaza Paris RÃ©publique is newly renovated with its 328 air-conditioned rooms , 1 Restaurant, 1 Bar and WI-FI access in public areas. Come to the restaurant 'Le Dix' to taste our buffet and the 'a la carte menu' featuring French cuisine, or to the 'Le Dix' Bar from where you can enjoy a nice view of the Place de la RÃ©publique Crowne Plaza Paris RÃ©publique also offers 18 meeting rooms, all have natural day light. These rooms can welcome up to 250 persons for conferences, in front of our historic inner courtyard. Last but not least, the hotel is only 3 metro stations away form the Eurostar, Thalys & TGV East Terminal in Paris and from stations where high speed metro arrive from Roissy Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airport to Parc des Exposition de Villepinte, le Bourget and the Stade de France. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Paris Republique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Paris Republique Hotel Paris
- Paris Crowne Plaza
- Holiday Inn Paris Republique
- Paris Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Republique Paris