2,864 results
All reviews club room metro station priority club two double beds holiday inn inner courtyard hotel restaurant quiet room lots of restaurants notre dame location is excellent around the corner main attractions croissants concierge ihg euros
Reviewed November 7, 2017

Have just spent a long weekend in Paris, staying at the Crowne Plaza on the Place de la République. Last stayed there almost 20 years ago when it was a Holiday Inn. The ground floor rooms have had a definite rejuvenation since then and are much more modern and appealing, but the bedroom was still a little 'tired'.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my stay and will do so again when I visit Paris next summer. The staff were all unfailingly courteous and helpful, the location is fantastic and I was well looked after (I was upgraded on arrival to a Junior Suite which was a nice surprise).

My room was large, mostly very quiet and the bed extremely comfortable. There was a large walk-in closet with loads of shelves and hanging space (and enough coat hangars) and a safe. There was a large sofa and coffee table, and a tv with all the main British television channels. Effective black-out curtains made a nice change to other hotels I've stayed in. I would say the room (and the ensuite bathroom) had everything I needed but it did look just a little dated. It reminded me of those once-grand hotels in English seaside resorts that need a fresh coat of paint and a bit of a modernisation.

But, as I've already said, I liked the place. Breakfast was first rate with all the usual things that one would expect these days: fruit juices fruit, cereal, good selection of cooked eggs/bacon/beans/sausages etc and coffee. Croissants and pastries too along with salads and cheeses. I see one of the other Trip Advisors has criticised the fact that the coffee came out of a machine but I can report that the cappuccino was very good in spite of this.

I have been to Paris almost every year for the past 25 and, for the most part, have stayed in a modest hotel near to the Bastille. I decided this time to go slightly upmarket and it was a good decision. The location is certainly better, a few yards from a Metro station that is an interchange for a number of lines. And very close to the Gare du Nord for Eurostar. Being an IHG platinum elite member probably helped with the upgrade but the loyalty scheme is free to join so I would encourage others to do so. Having access to the club lounge was a nice bonus (free coffee all day long and wine between 6 and 8pm each evening).

A chance conversation with a receptionist on check-out revealed that bedrooms on the top floor have been refurbished - perhaps this means the others will be seen to next? With over 300 rooms it's a big job but worth it, I would have thought, to be able to offer the kind of accommodation that people expect of a Crowne Plaza.

Stayed: November 2017
Customer S, customer service at Crowne Plaza Paris Republique, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Dear PhilipSeb,
Thank you for being such a loyal guest at our hotel and many thanks for your wonderful comments!
Our staff is always at your disposal to help you either for leisure or business in Paris and hopes to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon

Reviewed November 7, 2017

This is a huge hotel but it never seemed full. It was a very relaxing, easy going place. The room was very clean and comfortable. The TV had a vast selection of channels in French and English. This Hotel literally had everything.

On check in we were asked where we would prefer to stay, the front or rear. I asked for the receptionists recommendation and we were given a lovely room overlooking the front. He mentioned it may be noisier but we never noticed. There is music outside but that stops early enough and the street becomes quiet.

There was very little noise from the hotel itself and we rested very well here. The rooms have all you could possibly need for a comfortable stay. The shower is very good. You do have to step into a bath for it so if this is a problem just be aware. Clean towels are provided every day and shower gels are replaced.

The cleaners come around from nine am but if you put the do not disturb sign up until you're ready they leave you alone. The breakfast is twenty five euro per person and I'm sure it's nice but we didn't try it as there are lots of cafes and restaurants very nearby where you will get a big meal for a lot less. This isn't to take away from the Hotel but it's a personal choice.

The Hotel is very close to Metro access and if you pay twenty euro per person (Weekend) you can hop on and off heading anywhere you'd like inside zone 1 Paris. Zone 1 is all of the sights.

The Hotel was, as I say, beautiful albeit dated and in need of small touch ups here and there. This wouldn't effect my review as I've stayed in more expensive French Hotels and gotten much less. The staff almost all speak English but all you need to is ask...

The staff at the Concierge desk were fantastic. If you have any difficulty finding where you need to go, they will help. They will tell you which Metro (Number and colour) to get and the stops to look for. Fantastic staff. Always have a map with you with the Metro on it as you'll never get lost. The Metro is very reliable but can get full quickly but they'll get you where you need to go.

Can't recommend this Hotel Highly enough, loved it and I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 337 and loved it. Cheap but very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Customer S, Customer Service at Crowne Plaza Paris Republique, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Dear damo-emt1,
What can we say but a very sincere thank you for your detailed review with very interesting comments and feedback !! The entire team can’t wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the crowne plaza in October and were very pleased with the size of the room and the service. We are a family of 4, the beds were comfortable and the windows over looking the courtyard were fun. The room was very comfortable, it was a club room and we enjoyed having club access for drinks more than anything else. Olivier was the concierge w worked with throughout the week, he was excellent. He is very knowledgeable and helpful. He helped us make the most of our week. I would definitely recommend the hotel, it was an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear juliebtn,

How wonderful to read that you enjoyed our services! The entire team is proud that your stay was a success! Your comments are extremely valuable to us and they motivate us to continue to improve our services and to create lifetime memories. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

My companion found a really good rate here and in fact after insisting and changing rooms, we ended up with a very large room in this historical building. The inner courtyard is quiet and has a nice restaurant. I'm not so fond of staying at large chain hotels in Paris but if you do want this.. It's the one to go with. Also a great neighborhood!!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Paris Republique, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2017

Hi petitmot,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Paris - Republique and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to read that your overall stay was enjoyable and found our location commendable.

Thank you for being our guest. It was our pleasure taking care of you and we are already counting down to your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 25, 2017

If you want a great location i.e. right in the Centre of Paris then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Crown Plaza.

We stayed two nights.

Room spacious and very clean.

Breakfast really good with plenty of choice.

Minutes to the Metro.

Bars/Restaurants

Mid range hotel, wouldn't hesitate to recommend !

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple