“Extremely rude front desk, horribly small rooms”

Hotel du Palais Bourbon
Ranked #1,182 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I travelled single to Paris so my where I stayed wasn't a big deal - I didn't expect to be in my room often, however my bathroom must have been a former closet. I'm only 5' tall yet when I sat on the toilet my knees touched the shower door !! The room was also had a musty smell to it.

The front desk staff were horribly rude. Be warned that they also close the doors at 12 midnight. You must ring a bell should you come in after. I came in one night at 11:50 pm and the front desk attendent practically threw the keys at me.

That's another inconvenience - you must leave your keys at the front desk every time you leave and pick them up when you come back in. It's not for security - 3rd day a desk attendent I had never seen gave me my keys without asking for any ID. I could have asked for any room number and he would have given them to me.

I would NOT recommend this hotel ever to anyone staying in such a beautiful city.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Adventure3737

Reviewed 8 January 2012

I've stayed in this hotel 3 times, and have always enjoyed a consistently pleasurable visit. It's extremely well priced and in a great location. Rooms are very clean, well appointed.

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JamesThomas2012
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This little gem of a hotel will hopefully remain as it is for a very long time. It is our go to Paris hotel every time we or I am in the city. We know the beloved neighborhood like the back of our hand. It is a few minutes walk to the Eiffel Tower and walkable to everything else. The street is blissfully quiet with a 'supermarket' a few steps away. There is also this wonderful little 'hole in the wall' of a bistro ( look hard because I don't remember the name ot there may not be one posted). It is incredible with great hearty French fare. The hotel, itself, is simple, very clean, nicely maintained with great new bathrooms and a delicious French breakfast that can be either taken downstairs or brought to your room. It is our own little Parisian getaway. Can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mishywishy1967
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed here during late September 2011 and absoulutley enjoyed the experience. The front desk were friendly especially as my attempts at French improved. The rooms were massive compared to London and yes the kids room is compact as we did not spend much time in the hotel its was no problem. It is a very old building and if you are expecting a shiny new Hilton then you wil be dissappointed. If however you are after the experinece of being in Paris then I highly recommend this hotel.The street is quiet and has some lovely shops, the bakery was excellant and helpful. The location could not be better, just around the corner from a metro station, a few blocks away from the Siene River and close to some great resturants. Go there with realistic expectations and you will truley enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 14 October 2011

The hotel was comfortable with a modern clean bathroom. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly, the continental breakfast superb.
The hotel is conveniently located near Les Invalides, Rodin's musem and a metro station. There are excellent bakeries and restaurants on the street or just around the corner. You are a twenty minute walk from the Effiel Tower or a river cruise departure point near the bridge straight up from Les Invalides. Recommend Les Invalides, the French Army Museum. One of the premiere military museums in the world, but you knew that, its Paris.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank James W
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We spent 5 nights in a family room during the month of May. The room is quite large, clean and comfortable and the bathroom is modern. The staff is pleasant and helpful. Delicious breakfast.The hotel is located in a quiet and safe neighborhood, within walking distance to major attractions. There is a small supermarket a few steps away and a great italian restaurant,Giallo Oro, almost across the street. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Geanne_54
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We really enjoyed staying at the Hotel du Palais Bourbon, our room was quite large, the beds were comfortable and it was very clean. The shower is hard to get in and out of; this is always true no matter where one stays in Paris. The location is excellent. There are not many tourists around so one feels really part of the scene. We often went to Le Basilic for dinner which is lively and has very good food and excellent service. There are not many other good choices near to the hotel but we were very satisfied to go there several times and were never disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family