“Delicious”

Ranked #323 of 19,120 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Description: Simple Vietnamese food, tasty, authentic, generous and also dietetic. That's an unmissable exotic address after your poetic wark in Montmartre.
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

I had the bun cha. The meat is was wonderful and the rolls were perfect. The waiter put together the bowl at our table. Everything was delicious and the prices are great (for Paris).

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

I thought some of the negative reviews on TripAdvisor were intemperate and therefore chose to ignore them because I love Vietnamese food. That was a bad idea.
The decor is poor. The numerous nickknacks hanging from the ceiling are rather tacky. The abstract paintings on the wall are dull. The chairs could be more comfortable.
I chose the 19.5 Euro evening meal. It's first course was a salad with large shrimp. I have the impression that the kitchen relies too much on one or two spices in each dish. Dried fish and "five spices" for instance. In any case I was not too happy with the salad.
The next course was two kinds of dumplings - two of each. I agree with a previous TripAdvisor reviewer who was disappointed that the filling was too chopped up and not very tasty. I have often had much better har gow elsewhere.
For my main I chose to follow the recommendation of a previous reviewer who liked the ginger chicken. But I did not.
My visit to Dan-Bau was definitely not worth the two subway transfers I made to get there. But even if I were in the neighbourhood I would not go again.

Reviewed June 1, 2018

We had a very nice time at this restaurant. The waiter was extremely polite and attentive! Both the starters and main courses were very tasty and the ingredients clearly fresh and well prepared. The atmosphere is very authentic. We would definetly be back!

Reviewed May 25, 2018

We ate here recently and what an eye-opener it was. Starters were a Mango Salad & a Green Papaya salad, both of which were excellent. The mains consisted of shared dishes of Bo Bun and a Viet Fondue (steamboat). The Bo Bun was prepared at the table by mine host as were the instructions given for getting the best from the Fondue.
Desserts followed which whilst limited, were very good indeed. Wine was keenly priced and with the assistance of our host matched the meal perfectly.
This was our first visit, but will not be our last.
The reason for a four star rating and not a five, like many Paris resto's the chairs are quite small. Other than that, Highly Recommended.

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

Excellent excellent Excellent! Perfect cooked food. The 3-course menu was great, tasty and we enjoyed the visit. If you are in paris: please try these vietnamese....you won't regret!