“Location good, staff great”

Madison Hotel by MH
Ranked #137 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We have been looking hard for a Paris hotel we would like to go back to, and this is it. Clean rooms ( a little compact), great view of St German-des-Près, the location couldn't be better for us. The staff are attentive and make you feel they actually like having you there. A keeper.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pwarne
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear pwarne,

Your very kind comments are much appreciated and it is very pleasing indeed to read of your enjoyment staying at Madison Hotel. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write and to share your memorable experience with us.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Great Place, Great Vicinity, Great Atmosphere. Two Metro stations at walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Virgilio1961,

Thank you for selecting The Madison Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 15 January 2012

My husband took me to Paris for my birthday and the hotel was perfect. Lovely view overlooking the church, in walking distance of everything, excellent breakfast which was included in the price, free Wi Fi and very helpful, charming staff. Room was a little small but we were never in it except to sleep.
Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2012

Dear lyndaessex,

Thank you so much for your kind review and for the trust you have placed in the Madison Hotel.
We are glad to read that our hotel & services met your expectations!
We hope to welcome you again in 2012 !

Reviewed 31 December 2011

Great little hotel quality, personalized service, you are not a stranger but a guest. Beautifully renovated room neat and decorated with a tasteful typical French and Parisian. Superb location in the heart of Saint Germain, the Boulevard back in May for the noise. Close to the Café de Flore and many restaurants. feel free to ask Mr. Alain and Mr. Jean-Marc tips all around. Note the friendliness of all the staff at the reception where we will welcome you in English or Brazilian ...
Addresses one of my best hotel in Europe. to discover

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sangliermalin

Dear Sangliermalin,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a such wonderful review.
We're so pleased that we were able to fullfil your expectations and we hope that we'll have the same opportunity again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Le Madison from Nov. 8 through 11, and highly recommend this hotel. I stayed in room 31, which overlooked the interior courtyard. No view, of course, but exceptionally quiet (which is most important to me).

The room was small, which may come as a shock to visitors from the US who have never been to Europe before. That said, it was very nicely decorated and quite clean. I must say, the bed was the most comfortable I have slept on in a hotel.

The staff were welcoming, friendly, and helpful throughout my stay.

You are within a few feet of Metro line 4, and a block or so from line 10, a bus stop is right outside the front door, and the tourist bus stop is just a few feet away too. Cannot get much more convenient. To top it off, Rue de Buci is less than 5 minutes away by foot, with many great food options there

I have been to Paris many times, stayed in many hotels, and this is by far my favorite; I will definitely stay here again during future trips.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank EconSean
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Dear EconSean,

What a great review ! Thank you so much for your kind words.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Madison Hôtel !

Reviewed 31 October 2011

It was my first time to Paris and I was concerned about my lack of Francais, and the perceived snootiness of the French...I found NONE of that in Paris and certainly none at the Madison Hotel! The lobby and salon took my breath away. Our room on the 7th floor, while small by USA standards, was beautiful in its dramatic decorating and twinkly ceiling lights. At the end of our four-day stay, I noticed that my suitcase was ripping open. I asked at the desk if they had any kind of strapping tape. The desk clerk looked around, apologizing, even looked in the bagerie and couldn't find any...he later located some and brought it to me at breakfast.

And breakfast! Two wonderful ladies working there took excellent care of our large group when we gathered there very early before a tour of Paris.

When my husband and I left for the airport, our last words were..."See you next time!"

Room Tip: The neighborhood is a little noisy...ask for an upper floor. And enjoy a view of the top third of th...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suze912
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Dear Suze912,

Thank you very much for your beautiful comments on Tripadvisor ! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the Madison Hotel and our services were up to your expectation.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

We just got back from our quick trip to France last night. Thanks to tripadvisor.com I was able to narrow down hotels in our price range. I was encouraged to book this hotel because of all the positive reviews and pleasant appearance of the hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Madison Hotel. The staff was very friendly and courteous and most spoke English which was very helpful. The beds were so comfortable with down pillows and down comforters!! Our travel agent accidently booked us in a standard room with a single double bed. Being that we are not a couple, the gentleman at the front desk was very understanding and put us in a room with two separate beds. The dining room and complimentary breakfast was nice. If you are up to walking a half hour to the Eiffel Tower, then I would say the Eiffel Tower is in walking distance. It is probably about a mile to a mile in a half away. But the walk is pleasant. The hotel is in a picturesque French neighbor hood with lots of little shops up and down the street. Our room had a great view of the St. Germain chapel from our window. Hope to return one day to stay longer than our two short nights we stayed this week. Overall, nice experience! :)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Dear Trisha C,

It was such a pleasure to read these lines and to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to prepare your next stay.

With warm regards from the team,

Yours sincerely,