“Paris 11/2011”

Ranked #506 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Israel
“Paris 11/2011”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We were on a 5 days in Paris that visiting the exhibition and of the freedom of this wonderful city that's not the first business in Paris, but the first time in this hotel. The location is the name of the game. Rooms are comfortable, at least the top floors have panoramic views that also. A very nice breakfasts.Lifts require improving.. But we recommend to those who like Shams Elysées area.

Room Tip: Upper floors rooms is recommended. 7 or 8.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Magnolia, Texas
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I stayed at the Atala for a week and a half. The room I had faced the back courtyard and was very quiet. I enjoyed opening the window and having a peaceful view with plants, trees and cooing birds. The hotel is just a short walk from the Champs de Elysee and a metro stop (George V on Line 1) which made it easy to get from the hotel to anywhere in Paris.

The room was average hotel size, but larger than a typical Paris room. It offered enough storage for me, had a safe, writing desk and TV. I did hear others a few times and I think if it was the hotel had noisier guests this might be noticeable. The plumbing for the bathroom ran on the outside of the walls, which I did occasionally notice running water, but keeping the door closed eliminated this. There was an Ipod player and remote, which was a great bonus for me. When traveling, if I have difficulty sleeping, I listen to music so this was a nice option.

Breakfast was not included in my room rate and seemed expensive to me. However, since we regularly did not eat dinner until 9 or 10 pm, the last thing I was really in the mood for was breakfast so I never ate in the hotel but I did check it out a couple of times and it had a good assortment (beside croissants) . For other meals, the offer room service but I never had that either. There are a number of good restaurants nearby although the locals would tell you never to eat near the Champs de Elysee unless you a tourist (which I was).

The hotel offered wireless internet for a fee and I had no problems with it. The staff spoke english well which was good since my french was limited.

About the only negative I had was that one listing of the hotel I read suggested that in addition to the courtyard in the back, they had a roof top terrace with views of Paris. When I asked how to get to it, they said it was available only if I booked a room that had access. It wasn't a big deal, but just a surprise.

Room Tip: The hotel is located on a quiet street, but the rooms overlooking the back courtyard offer a better...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Upon arrival at the hotel, we had to wait for at least 7 minutes, before the person at the front desk welcomed us, because he was on the phone.
We had made reservations for a double room, and i got a confirmation email for a DOUBLE room.
When we arrived in our room, we saw it had twin beds, so I phoned the reception to ask for a different room with a double bed. This person told me it was not possible because they had no rooms left with a double bed, but anyways, this was my fault, because I should have specifically asked for a double bed! If I wanted a double bed, she told me, then I would have to pay for a room upgrade. (so this means there were some rooms left with a double bed)
When I explained the difference between a double room and a twin room to this lady, she got very mad, and she said that a double room is a room for 2 people so too bad for me.
Too make a long story short, she was very rude and impolite, and she could easily have given us a room upgrade with a double bed which would have been a solution.
If I had known that I wouldn't have gotten a double bed, I wouldn't have booked this room, so in my book this is false advertising.
Small plus: there is an iPod dock in the outdated room. But then again, do hope at the same time that the visitors in the neighbouring rooms didn't bring their Ipod! (nor that they take a shower or talk to eachother before they get up)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Aurélie V
Barcelona
Reviewed 12 August 2011

this hotel is a little gem, hidden just off the Champs Elysees around the corner from famour Fouquet's. For the money, it is hard to beat--especially if you get one of the terrace rooms on the seventh floor. There is an adorable little zen garden in back where breakfast is served each morning and the ambiance is really lovely, quinessentially french and the staff efficient and helpful. While the beds are a little small for taller people, they are nicely made up and the fun coloured lights in the shower made up for any of the minor inconveniences.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor to get views of the eiffel tower
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BrioViajo
bangalore
Reviewed 22 June 2010

the ambience is wonderful and homely ,decor is excellent,well experienced staff ,know to serve the guests appropriately.spacious rooms and bathrooms,very well maintained.Very warm and curtious staff ,centrally located walkable distance to the heart of paris.we had a very wonderful stay and will remain as a memorable one too

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weirdBangalore
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 3 November 2009

comfortable and well locatad, freindly staff. clean rooms and other areas of the hotel

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
tel aviv
Reviewed 8 September 2009

this is not our first stay at Atala hotel, in paris ,but it seems every time they have another impruvment.
we loved the modren nice lobby.the large room and nice balcony facing the quite nice street.
location is the best, private grage is possibel...

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business