“Outstanding Contemporary Boutique Hotel”

Hotel Atala Champs Elysees
Ranked #397 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 1 May 2017

This is a competitive arena in Paris - small, reasonably priced, chic hotels created out of older spaces. The results are not always successful as I can attest. This one is. You have to like modern decor and W-like rooms, and they are not my personally-preferred style, but this one does it well. The public spaces are very inviting including a small garden. The rooms I could tell were mostly very small but I had upgraded to an upper-floor deluxe which was quite large and with a real rarity in Paris - huge double patio door/windows and a small balcony with a big view all the way up to Sacre Couer (on the other side you would see the Eiffel Tower). The hotel is utterly quiet on a side street off the Champs Elysee. Excellent bathroom fixtures, products and linens (but a weird layout with the WC and the sink/shower on opposite sides of the room, also a large tub along one wall...I guess for romantic couples, maybe??) The bed and bed linens were outstanding. And the service was top-notch with kudos to Roberto who went out of his way in many emails to help plan my stay. So. I don't like staying in the 8th Arr in Paris, too far from where I like to spend my time, and this was for a meeting. But if I had to recommend a small hotel in the 8th, at a very reasonable price (under 300 euros for the best room) this place
would be hard to beat.

Room Tip: Upper Floor Deluxe or Premium - minimal increment over basic rooms, big improvement!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
hotelatala, operations manager at Hotel Atala Champs Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear Steven G,

Well, what can I say ?

That the room you had was indeed a renovated one with a real cool view over the parisian rooftops and the Sacré Coeur ?
That the layout of the room was quite unique (and yes, perfectly suited for young couples madly in love) ?
That Lord Harold Samuel was definitely right ?

Indeed, I could go on, but I'd rather underline the fact you did appreciate the comfort of the room and its view as well as the quality of our amenities.
And the most important part : the staff was up to the par.

But above all this : the 8th arrondissement is, by far, not your favorite one, but nevertheless, you enjoyed your stay at the Atala.... and that speaks volume to us, as it shows that all our efforts are paying and that we are on the right track.

So now that all that has been said, there's only one question remaining : when will you be back ?
Everybody at the Atala expect your return, and wishes you the very best.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

This hotel was booked for our first trip to Paris to celebrate my 40th birthday. The hotel is located in a nice, quiet street but very close to all of the main shopping areas and some landmarks. The decor is very contemporary and of top quality. The reception area was immaculate and twinkling with gold. We were greeted by an unbelievably helpful and friendly gentleman on reception who couldn't do enough for us. We had room with a beautiful terrace area. The room was spacious, much to our surprise after viewing many other hotels before booking which had very "bijous" rooms. Again the decor was modern and immaculate. It looked as though it had just been refurbished to a very high standard. No expense spared and attention to detail. We then went into the lounge/bar area which was amazing.Breakfast was lovely and again the staff catered to our every need. This is a quiet, stunning hotel which i would highly recommend.Will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Paris.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
hotelatala, operations manager at Hotel Atala Champs Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Dear laureconsigny,

Celebrating a birthday at the Atala, is indeed a pleasant moment (be it for the 40th, who's counting ?).

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay among us and now that you know our address, we'll be waiting you for your next birthday (this is how a family tradition starts...).
Although, you do not have to wait a full year in order to come to visit us again (do not hesitate to contact us directly to benefit the best rate)....

We thank you for having taken the time to post such a positive review about the Atala, and everybody wishes you the best.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Never heard of this hotel before setting foot at the Atala (followed the recommendation of a friend who's a regular).
What a good surprise : a large room with a balcony and a great view over the parisian roofs (not as large as we are used to back home in the US, but for Paris, I'd say above average), and comfortable enough to allow a good night sleep.
Didn't have time to take the breakfast, but the coffee in the garden was enjoyable.
Only strange feeling : a bit too many apples for my liking....
But I'll come back with my husband for our next holidays.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room with a balcony (great view)
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank LeonardoDaRavioli
hotelatala, operations manager at Hotel Atala Champs Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Dear LeonardoDaRavioli,

Reading your review, it would seem that following a friend's advice leads (sometimes) to a pleasant experience.

True enough, one cannot compare the size of a room from a french hotel and an american one, but as you wrote it, ours are above parisian average.
And as you said, drinking a coffee in the quiet and peaceful garden is a rare and enjoyable moment (the Atala is among a very few hotels that have a garden).

We will be glad to welcome you and your (better ?) half for your next holidays (do not hesitate to contact us, in order to benefit from the best rates).

In the meantime, we wish you all the best.

Robert - operations manager

N.B. Apples... who doesn't like apples ?

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

The Atala makes staying in Paris easy. It is very comfortable, comfy bed, modern 4 star bathrooms. There are 2 sizes of room we had the smaller version. The storage was adequate, just.

The staff were professional and helpful. The hotel was a welcome place to return to. All in all the Atala offered everything we wanted from a hotel. However the best is last the location is superb and means your Paris experience starts as soon as you arrive.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
hotelatala, operations manager at Hotel Atala Champs Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Jane P,

The first sentence of your review resumes very well the Atala spirit : we strive to make the stay of our guests enjoyable, comfortable and safe.

We are glad to read that the front desk staff was able to help you during your parisian holidays.

However, I can't help notice that if the wording is positive, the final score given is a bit shy from perfection.
Hopefully we'll have the pleasure of welcoming again soon, so that we'll have the opportunity to show you that a stay at the Hotel Atala is worthy of a 5/5.

In the meantime, the whole team wishes you the best.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

During my recent short visit to Paris (just two days) it was essential to have a centrally located hotel but where I could also relax. Hotel Atala was perfection. Just a few minutes’ walk from the Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe yet the ambience was quiet and relaxing. The room was large and comfortable, the gardens a peaceful haven away from the hustle and bustle of Paris. Breakfast was particularly delicious; recommend the brioches and was thrilled to see fig jam as part of the selection especially as one of my Parisian favourites. Near the Metro so getting around was efficient and quick plus the Reception team were helpful and friendly. Have visited Paris many times but feel that the Hotel Atala was the best and would certainly recommend. Loved the Atala experience.

Room Tip: The rooms are terrific.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
hotelatala, operations manager at Hotel Atala Champs Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear micky t,

After reading your review, I have to admit that I'm faced with a conundrum : I just do not know what to answer, other than : we like the wording very much...since you said it all.

So, the only thing left to do is to thank you for having taken the time to share your parisian experience and for recommending our hotel to the Tripadvisor community.

It was a pleasure counting you among our guests, and now, since you know our address, well, don't be a stranger and come back at the Atala for your next stay in Paris.

In the meantime, everybody wishes you the best.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

This Art Deco hotel is located block from Champs Elysees. I had never been to Paris before & the front desk clerk ensured I knew how to get around Paris. This ensured that I enjoyed my trip to Paris, saw the museums but still enjoyed the little special places. This location is the location to be at you can get to everywhere. I told all my friends. View from the room was so lovely you didn't even think you were at a hotel more like home.I'll be back

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo

Dear cynthiacS393BO,

First time in Paris and a pleasant stay at the Atala : a very good first experience, indeed....

We are glad that the front desk was up to the par in helping you making your stay easy going and comfortable.
We strive hard to provide all our guests with some quality time and enjoyable R&R.

And it will be a pleasure to welcome all your friends in Paris.

Your last words resumed the situation perfectly : feeling home...away from home and going back...

All in all, it was a real pleasure counting you among our guests, and we are already waiting for your next visit (after all, you wrote so...).

In the meantime, everybody at the Atala wishes you the best.

Best regards.

Robert - operations

Reviewed 25 March 2017

This is a great hotel if you want to be right in the centre of Paris. It's just a couple of minutes off the Champs Elysees and close to the Arc de Triomphe. 5 minutes' walk from Metro and RER stations.

Reception staff are always friendly and helpful and they all seem to speak good English, if you need that. The rooms are fairly small (not unusual for Paris), but they are well appointed and have very nice bathrooms (toiletries replenished daily). The TV has a few English language channels (including BBC 1 and 2). There's free basic wi-fi and you can pay for a high-speed connection. However, I find the free service good enough for everyday needs.

Downstairs, there is a comfortable lounge area, although it somehow doesn't seem very inviting - not sure why. There is a bar, but it's not constantly manned and you usually need to go and ask at reception. The arty garden/courtyard is very pleasant if the weather is suitable. A nice touch is the rack of umbrellas by the front door, so you needn't get caught out by rain.

Breakfast is self service and offers a good hot and cold selection. If you're a tea drinker, there's an esoteric selection of exotic blends, but I usually keep a few 'standard' bags in my pocket!

This is not a cheap hotel, but it's pretty much on par for central Paris (about E200 per night for a double room)

Room Tip: Rooms at the front can be noisy in the morning.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
hotelatala, operations manager at Hotel Atala Champs Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Dear Menace,

Location, location, location.... Guess Lord Samuel was right (albeit we cannot take credit for that)...
Ah, the friendly and helpful staff : for that, we proudly take credit.
The size of the room ? Welcome to Paris...

We could go on point by point, but since your review was quite detailed, I am sure that the Tripadvisor readers will be able to have a good idea of the hotel Atala and the quality service we provide.
I have to say, though, that I do not fully understand the gap between your (positive & detailed) review and the final score given.
A mouse click too fast, perhaps...?

All in all, we do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at the Atala, so that we'll have the opportunity to provide you with a quality stay way under the par.

In the meantime, everybody at the Atala wishes the best.