1,208 results
All reviews opera house avenue de l'opera palais garnier perfect location place vendome walking distance paris opera heart of paris the hotel staff beautiful hotel deluxe room front desk staff small balcony separate toilet beautiful room louvre museum major attractions
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a great option. Centrally located near Ópera and walking distance to most of the major sites. We stayed in a room with a beautiful balcony view of the Opera. Room itself was large for European standards with a beautiful and modern bathroom. Probably the nicest and softest bath towels ever! Apart from the facilities, the service is impeccable. Friendly and helpful. Highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael S
HotelEdouard7Paris, Responsable réception at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear Michael S,

We wish to thank you for your comment " Fantastic" . It is such a pleasure to see that you have enjoyed your time in Paris and in our Hotel. I will make sure to share your comments with my colleagues.

I wish you a great summer.

Layla Navab - Front office Manager

Reviewed July 4, 2018

This hotel came recommended so I booked 5 nights for myself and 4 nights for 2 of my staff. The room charges are on the expensive side and the rooms looked nothing like on the photos but shabby and dusty. When I first arrived I was given an 'upgrade' which then turned out to be no good as the aircon was not working (and it was very noisy on the first floor facing the busy Avenue de L'Opera even though I had requested a quiet room) and since the hotel was booked out I was actually given a 'downgrade' in the end as I had booked a room with a balcony but ended up with a small room with a small bed and a big weird bathroom that was nearly bigger than the actual room. The bed was not very comfortable and very small. I had 2 of the same rooms booked for my staff members but one of them got a classic room and the other one a room the size of a shoe box. The staff weren't very helpful or polite so I can't say any of us enjoyed the stay and experience and we certainly won't return.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank andreaE9774EY
HotelEdouard7Paris, Responsable réception at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Dear Mrs AndreaE9774EY,

I hope that you are fine.
I have to admit that we are so disappointed to see your comments regarding your stay with us.
We rarely get such negative reviews and we are terribly sorry if we could not have been able to resolve the issue with the room size while you were still here with us.In fact ,we thought that you had picked the room you chose after yoru visits because it was indeed very quiet and also had a big bathroom & I am sorry if there was a misundrestanding regading this information .

We do ofcourse hope that you will give us another chance to make up for this unfortunate experience and we wish to present our excuses to you and your colleagues onec more for the whole situation .

Please feel free to contact me if you might need any other requests,

Layla Navab - The Front office Manager

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Left my 2 gold necklaces on the nightstand table - regrettably
Called the Hotel 2 hours after check-out and no trace of my necklaces - irreplacable vintage gold charms
Sad ending to otherwise a lovely visit to Paris.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ninnahaf
HotelEdouard7Paris, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Dear Miss Ninnahaf,

We are really sorry about the incident, but as mentioned on the telephone yesterday and after you realized in the airport that your necklaces were missing, we had cleaned and inspected the room already and we confirm that nothing was found in your room.
If in any case something is found in a guest room after their departure, we contact the guest immediately .and in your case we even kept the bags for a couple of hours before you left the Hotel.

This is really without a doubt as devastating for us as it can be for you, because we never have these sort of problem in our Hotel and we do trust our staff that are highly competent and which have been working with us for several years now.
We wish to apologize in any case if we were not able to assist you in finding your jewelry.

Please do accept our best regards,

Layla Navab - The Front office Manager

Reviewed June 22, 2018

The location really is perfect. A very short walk to the Louvre and gardens, but we also found the walk to the eiffel tower, napoleons tomb and arch de triumph very manageable weather permitting. Surrounded by excellent restaurants and plenty of shopping.
Here is a tip, if you pay for a room with a view of the opera house, you are going to get a much smaller room. The rooms without views of the opera house were very large for european standards and while we enjoyed the beautiful view of the opera house, we also appreciated having a room large enough to move without knocking things over. The beds are very very comfortable and the towels. . . oh the towels. Who would have thought towels would be so memorable but I can't forget them. I plan to contact the hotel to inquire about purchasing some for my home. The only negative I can mention has nothing to do with the hotel or it's wonderful, attentive staff. Seriously, the staff are exceptional.
When we stayed in the room with the opera view, we looked out the window every day to see homeless families sleeping on the sidewalks just outside the hotel. Paris needs to do something to close their borders or provide for the overwhelming number of homeless "migrants" crowding and soiling the parisian sidewalks. Enjoy the hotel because it is worth every penny, but beware of the social impact of stepping over homeless (and their feces on the sidewalks) on your way out to explore the city.

Room Tip: Skip the rooms with views of the opera house, they are very very small. Get a room without a view and enjoy a larger quieter room.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MontezumaSocialClub
HotelEdouard7Paris, Responsable réception at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Dear MontezumaSocialClub,

We wish to thank you for your nice comemnts on our staff and on our Hotel.
I will make sure that they get your message.
It is a pleasure to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Layla Navab - The Front Office Manager

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

First of all, to qualify my comments l must confess I, that were graciously upgraded to a corner room on the 4 th floor, with a beautiful view of the Opera House.
Our first night in town there was an amazing thunder and lightning storm which put on quite a light show from our room and was amazingly enjoyable.
Now for all the things you would like to know. The hotel is very helpful and courteous if you have any questions or need any help while you're in town. The breakfast is served in the dining room and I understand you can also have it in your bedroom if you prefer.
The beautiful photos of the rooms and hotel are accurate. We noticed on the TV house channel that the owner has several other upper end hotels. They all appear to be well managed. I would say that you should be comfortable and will enjoy your stay. This is one of those hotels were you could probably spend more elsewhere but you might enjoy it here just as much and then use the savings to enjoy your time while you're in town.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
HotelEdouard7Paris, Responsable réception at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Dear Rick W,

It is so nice to see that you had such a great experience in our suite on the 4th floor .Indeed the view can be amazing and we are so proud that we were able to make this trip a comfortable and memorable one for you.

We wish you a great summer and do hope to see you back in our Hotel.

Layla Navab - Front office Manager