“Worst customer service ever”
Review of Powers Hotel

Powers Hotel
Ranked #652 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I do not normally write reviews on tripadvisor but I felt compelled to write about Hotel Powers after I received the most extraordinarily bad service on check out. I was charged for a movie I did not watch, and upon requesting that the woman checking me out please remove it from my bill, she agreed to do so. However when I looked at the receipt, the film was still there. The reaction from her when I politely asked again to take it off, and to re-issue my bill, was bizarre. She was incredibly patronising and refused to let me finish a sentence, interrupting me at every point, and yelling at me when I tried to explain that I needed one receipt in total rather than a receipt and a refund receipt. Ultimately I was unable to communicate this to her because she was so aggressive in refusing to listen to me. It was truly obnoxious and I shan't go back.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank traveller t

Reviewed 14 September 2011

Terrific hotel in a great location within walking distance to the Eiffel Tower, the Champs Elysees, and the Arc de Triomphe. Very close to the Metro as well. The courteous staff was helpful and patient providing answers to our many questions. The rooms were large and beautifully appointed. Great breaksfast with fresh fruit, eggs, cereal, meats, cheeses, coffee, juice, and of course, those great breads and pastries. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank map17
SEVPOW, Directeur général at Powers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Dear Madam,

We are very sorry for the misunderstanding which happened upon your check out.
Unfortunately, our system doesn't allow us to realize the operation you wanted.
We want to apologize if you thought that our reception was rude, it was absolutely not her intention.

Guest's satisfaction is our priority and be sure that we do our best to avoid this kind of incident.
We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Best regards,

The Management

Reviewed 11 September 2011

Great place great price great service!!! I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank James P
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Perfect Hotel - Promanagment - they are so good in helping you. Nice and big room, big bathroom and very good cleaning, nice breakfast lots of choices.

Near by to everything in Paris - shopping eating etc - very exlusive area, many returning guest.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank nextjet200
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Wonderful 50 room hotel, walking distance to George V and Arc de Triomphe. Request a room above the first floor as breakfast is served on that floor and a bit noisy. Rooms are spacious and bathrooms nicely appointed. Bathrobes provided as well as adequate closet space. Small bar in the lobby and staff could not be more helpful. What a gem.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank potlowmi
Reviewed 8 August 2011

It is really a nice hotel. I stayed there with my wife and 2 kids. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is 2 minutes walking distance from main Champs Elyses street, Arc de Triomphe and train station George V. Eiffel towers is about 10 minutes walk. The only bad thing I can think of very small elevators and we have to book two rooms even though my children are only 2 and 6 years old.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Asim S
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I visited Paris this past April for our 3 year anniversary. My husband emailed the hotel letting them know this and they put us up on the 5th floor with a very nice view of the eiffel tower. I could lay at the foot of my bed w/ the doors opened (to the balcony we had) and watch the Eiffel Tower twinkle at night. The staff at the hotel were friendly and even took our bags up to the room for us. Even though the walls of the rooms appear "thick" you can hear people in the room next to you if they are loud (doors shutting, drawers shutting, talking loudly). My husband and I experienced this when we had a group of women rooming next to us who came in real late at night while him and I were trying to sleep but were woken up. Other then that the hotel, staff, and everything else about it was very nice!! Very close to the Champs-Élysées and the Franklin Roosevelt Metro.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple