“Gorgeous!”

Melia Paris Notre-Dame
Ranked #339 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My boyfriend booked this hotel for my birthday, because of its central location. Neither of us had been to Paris before, so we didn't know what to expect, but I had heard from friends that hotels were small and claustrophobic. This could not be less true of the Melia Colbert. Our room was spacious, and exquisitely decorated, and every bit as chic as I had hoped it would be!
The staff at reception were incredibly polite and helpful, offering plenty of sightseeing advice and directions.
I couldn't believe how close were to Notre Dame! The location was fantastic!
The only thing I would say, is that the mattresses were ridiculously hard. Other than that, it was true perfection. Plenty of amenities nearby. I would recommend Le Boteille D'Or Restaurant - So good!
The Hotel made for a magical weekend, and it was utterly breathtaking!

Room Tip: Room 25 was spacious, and had a lovely view of the garden at the front of the hotel. Avoid the groun...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank StephanieW92

Reviewed 28 January 2012

My girlfriend and I came away for her brithday I booked as a surprise and I decided that my research narrowed the choice down the Colbert.

We arrived at the hotel and were met warmly by Antonio. Curious, professional and could not do enough to make sure we knew where bistros, sights and shops were.

He also upgraded us immediately upon hearing that it was my partner's birthday - to the premier suite no less with the balcony overlooking the front garden.

Throughout our stay so far the service has been impeccable.

Pay no heed to the negative feedback for this establishment. It is totally unwarranted.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank thomaszabbott
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband and I booked our honeymoon reservations several months in advance of our trip. We arrived at the hotel we originally booked (by the Eiffel Tower) and my husband's allergies immediately started acting up. While in Berlin the week prior, we stayed at Melia Berlin (another five-star experience), so we cancelled our 4 night room reservation and called Melia Colbert to reserve a room.

Our initial impression of Paris was not very glamorous -- and we wanted to go back to Munich for the remainder of our honeymoon. Our thoughts and expectations changed as soon as we got to Melia Colbert. The hotel staff is incredibly helpful. The hotel is right around the corner from Notre Dame and within 2 blocks from public transportation. The entire experience of Paris changed by simply staying at Melia Colbert. We utilized the laundry service which arrived back in our room that afternoon. We could not have been happier. If you stay at Melia Colbert, please check our Le Reminat (around the corner - the concierge will give you direction) -- best restaurant in Paris in my opinion.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SarahG1982
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Many people who write reviews about Paris hotels are shocked that the rooms, bathrooms and elevators are small or that the Wi-Fi doesn't work. Get over it! It's Paris! If you want everything in your room, go to Toledo, Ohio and stay at the Hyatt. The reason why the food, the wine, the culture and the beauty of Paris is so fabulous is because for generations the Parisians have been more concerned about those things instead of designing plumbing so you can have a large shower area. This hotel is in a perfect location for tourists (right next to Notre Dame, Latin Quarter and Metro stations), the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very modern, nice and good size (by Paris standards). The bed was a little hard. I can highly recommend it for travelers. One last travel tip - Paris Metro stations ticket machines do not take American credit Cards, so you should buy them on the EuroStar or at the Metro ticket windows.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank clambake33
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel recently and were not impressed. The outside looks beautiful but the rooms are not great. The first room opened straight out onto the street and they moved us to another room (which they charged for) on the first floor which was better until we were hit by some foul smells one evening. Breakfast is very expensive and so you wouldn't stay in for breakfast. We did this through Eurostar and it seemed like a good deal, but you can find much better hotels for the price.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I spent a bit more money than usual on this business trip for the location, space, and amenities that would come with a better level of Paris hotel than I usually stay at. And, in fact, the location is great, just across the river from Notre Dame and a block from the Place Saint Michel. The room I was in (2nd floor front) was clean (not the usual musty Paris hotel smell) and, while not super spacious, I didn't have to climb over the bed to get into the bathroom as I've had to do in some tiny Paris rooms. Despite these positive aspects, I can't recommend this hotel for anyone who uses a macbook air or ipad to stay in touch with business, home, or local events while traveling. The hotel advertises broadband internet access, but it requires that you plug their cable into your computer; if your laptop or ipad doesn't have a LAN port, the best they can offer you is a wired terminal in the bar or wireless access in lobby and bar, and that requires a card with username and password doled out in 30-minute increments by the front desk. When I was there, they ran out of these cards ("Normally we have cards, but as it is the weekend, we cannot get any more", they explained, as if the weekend had come along unexpectedly.) This presented a real barrier to doing the work I needed to do while in Paris, and I overheard other guests at the front desk with the same problem. Instead of shrugging their shoulders and saying "Yes, wi-fi is very bad in Paris", a hotel that charges the rates of this one should--at minimum--have wireless routers that can be borrowed and used in each room by guests who can't connect to the LAN cable. If you don't need to be connected, this is a fine place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Darryl M
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The sol melia central reservations booking system is the worst I have ever encountered!! It's reason enough not to stay here or at any of their other properties. We needed to remove one day at the end of our stay and the reservation people sent back an entirely wrong confirmation with all the nightly rates changed dramatically. It took a month of back and forth with many more incorrect itineraries and rates trying to modify this properly. They never got it right. I gave up. They do not let you speak with a supervisor. It was the most frustrating experience!!!

Since it is a boutique hotel there is no official concierge which made it difficult to get information about transportation, tours, and restaurants that were not in the immediate area etc. They are very short staffed at the check-in desk and the continual problem with the internet not working was annoying.

Rooms are very tight and no drawer space whatsoever so we could not upack. They had closets with 2 hangars. Of course we could have called for more but don't they know you need to hang up more than 2 items??

Hotel views were looking into another person's bedroom across the street.

One other thing...if you do decide to go to the Hotel and you are taking a taxi make sure you say Rue Hotel Colbert...we said Rue Colbert and that is on the other side of Paris! You would think that on the confirmation they would emphasize that...since they admitted many people get that mixed up!!

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple