“Good choose”

Villa Lutece Port Royal
Ranked #762 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 November 2017

The room is really nice, super comfortable, great value for a money. Little bit older corridors, carpets, but room was really clean. It was nice to have mobile phone in a room, because wifi had poor signal in our room. The shop and subway were really close.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
VILLALUTECE, Directeur général at Villa Lutece Port Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear guests,
Thank you for taking the time of writing your remarks on tripadvisor. We are delighted that you spent a nice moment with us and it is a huge reward for all of us here to know it !
With warmest regards,
Virginie B., the manager.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We stayed here for four nights in September for our honeymoon and would recommend it. The bed was comfy, water hot, the place was quiet and yet well connected for getting into central Paris quickly. I loved the character and style of the room and bathroom, it felt different the usual chain hotels. You must also check out the painting behind the glass backed lift!
We used years worth of saved Amex points so hardly paid anything which means I can't comment on value for money but I found all the staff we came into contact with would go out of their way to help make our stay lovely. The room was small and the hotel a little tired in a few places but I've always found that with smaller Parisian hotels and this didn't detract from our enjoyment. If you're not sure I would say go for it - its a bijou gem :-)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
VILLALUTECE, Directeur général at Villa Lutece Port Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Guests,

Your message is really a great reward for the whole team and we thank you very much for taking time of writting it. It was a real pleasure to welcome you for such an important event and we are very happy that you enjoyed it !
With warmest regards from Paris,
Virginie B;, the manager.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel a bit run down but all in all ok. Some very quiet rooms on the back side. Good bed quality. Junior suite was spacious but with a pungent smell of humidity and very little light, making working difficult. Good point: coffee machine in the room (but coffee capsules were not replaced)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
VILLALUTECE, Directeur général at Villa Lutece Port Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your remarks. It is very important to us to have guests views in order to improve our service quality. For your information, we plan to have some renovations soon. Our beds are all new and for the caspules, it should be replaced every day but in case it does not, please do not hesitate to ask for new ones !
With kind regards,
Virginie B. , the manager.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I will start out by saying this hotel has friendly and helpful staff. I needed extra toilet paper, towels, facial tissue, etc. very often and they provided it on a whim. However, the cleanliness of the hotel is despicable!

Upon entering my room (duplex) I noticed that the bathroom was not as clean as I would like it to be. The sink and tub areas were ok, but the shower looked like it needed to be bleached and scrubbed. As a matter of fact, the grout for the tiles could have used a nice bleaching all around. The upstairs, the bedroom, was no different. Don't get me wrong, I loved the decor and the artistic nature thereof, but the wall paper is stained and so is the furniture. I wanted so badly to enjoy the decor, but that was impossible when having to stare at questionable stains on the walls, furniture, and headboard--which was super disgusting. The place needs to be bleached, sanitized, and steam-cleaned or upgraded to be easier to clean.

Nobody wants to go on vacation and worry about not touching chairs, headboards, or even carpets, because they're filthy. I really wanted to like this place, but I couldn't relax in such an unclean environment. However, if I hear that this place has made the aforementioned changes then I would happily visit again in a heartbeat. The location is GREAT! Super convenient for travellers who don't care to be in the middle of the action.

In spite of my gripes--Thank you Villa Lutece for your service!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from the side near the school!!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time of writting us your remarks. I am glad that you enjoyed our staff service and I present you all my apologies for the terrible disrepair of the furniture in your room. We will have it renovated quickly.
With warmest regards,
Virginie B., the manager.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

This is a really nice hotel in a good neighbourhood. The location is great, close to the metro station and also a well-sized supermarket. My room had a bathtub, which was a big plus for me. Whie this place was a bit more expensive than my general choices, it was worth it and I enjoyed my stay very much.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Laurence C, Responsable relations clients at Villa Lutece Port Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Guest,

We thank you very much for taking some of your time to share your comment with the other travellers. Your satisfaction is our main reward and the team thanks you and hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Pleasantly surprised to find such a lovely accommodation at such good price in Paris. The room was comfortable, the bed luxurious and the bath really neat and tidy with great decor. The hotel did not seem overly busy so that was a perk for me and it was also not on a main road which also added to the relaxation factor. Although the breakfast did not have much above and beyond choice for pescatarians or vegetarians for the price, I did enjoy the juice and nice egg, cheese and croissant combo.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again but next time I would like to have my man friend with me as it was quite romantic. :)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Laurence C, Responsable relations clients at Villa Lutece Port Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear Guest,

We thank you very much for taking some of your time to share your comment with the other travellers. Your satisfaction is our main reward and we are glad that you enjoyed the quiet location as well as the decor of Villa Lutèce.
We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

A lovely hotel situated within walking distance of the main city attractions.
The staff were happy and friendly from the beginning to the end of our stay.
A perfect hotel and city for our Wedding anniversary break and we will be back.
Thank you Villa Lutece Port Royal.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Laurence C, Responsable relations clients at Villa Lutece Port Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Guest,
It has been a real pleasure for us to welcome you on such a special occasion.
The all staff thanks you for your lovely comment as it is always a pleasure for us to see that we did help you in spending some wonderfull time in Paris.
We hope that we will have the chance to welcomming you again in our hotel.