Timhotel Montmartre
  • Bar/Lounge
US$359
US$262
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$139
US$214
US$196
Official Site
  • Room Service
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$155
Official Site
US$350
US$306
Agoda.com
  • Fitness centre
Le 55 Montparnasse Hotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$104
US$89
Agoda.com
1,158 results
All reviewstim hotelabbesses metro stationbateau lavoirgreat locationeiffel towermoulin rougecroissantsrooms are smalltriple roombars and restaurantsfourth floorbreakfast includedbreakfast roomhotel is situatedbudget hotelaround the cornerpicasso
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I travelled on the Eurostar from St Pancras to Le Gare Nord on a Sunday morning and arrived at the hotel around 2PM French time.

I had no trouble checking in. I speak basic French and they spoke to French and then in English to me to clarify that I had understood. When I said I understood, the staff on reception continued speaking French to me, but clearer and slower, which I think is very polite and helpful. I wanted to practice my French and they were happy to oblige. They took a photocopy of my passport and gave me my key card and directions to my room.

I was on the second floor, room 219. My view was the courtyard to the front of the hotel which is pretty, however, the building was covered in scaffolding. This would be a shame for people that had a view of the Eiffel Tower, but not really a problem for me. My room was a cute little diamond shape, there was a double bed, plenty of storage space and a clean, newly refurbished bathroom. My only complaint about the room was the bathroom did not have a blind over the window and the window was not frosted. With builders potentially on the scaffolding I was unhappy with this, so I simply hung a scarf over the window.

The location was fabulous, I walked up from Pigalle metro station on my first day, however, all other days I walked down to Abesses metro station which was about 150 years and ideal.

Food and drink out and about were very easy to purchase, I did not eat in the hotel at all, so I cannot comment. I bought breakfast and snacks at a little supermarket near the Moulin Rouge and ate out every evening in Montmartre.

The staff were great, the hotel was ideal, the location was fantastic. I travelled alone as a woman and I felt safe at this hotel. The location around the hotel felt safe, I was happy going out from the hotel alone at night and I will be returning as soon as I can.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank itcantrainallthetime
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, set in a picturesque square 5 minutes walk from the Sacre Couer. The rooms are tiny (as are most in Paris) but clean, comfortable and newly decorated. Unfortunately for us, the outside of the building is covered in scaffolding at the moment so the only view from our room was of corregated iron but normally we would have been able to look out over the little square (first floor room). Rooms on higher floors have views over the city or of the Sacre Couer. We were not too bothered about the lack of view though as we spent most of our time out and about. This may not be an ideal base for those with mobility problems as it is half way up a very steep hill.
For exploring Montmartre this hotel is great although this area is a little out of the way if you are hoping to visit all of the major attractions, the closest Metro station (Abbesse) is only round the corner though.
Staff were friendly and our room was cleaned every day.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floor apparently offer excellent views of the city and Eiffel Tower on one side, and the Sacre Couer on the other.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JP123S
Reviewed April 6, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 31, 2012

After finding that my new wife had unwitingly booked us into a what seemed like a brothel, we went in search of another hotel on a Friday teatime in September and every hotel we tried was full, then we happened upon the Timhotel Montmartre a little gem in a lovely square, they were very helpfull and we had a small but lovely room with a great view of the city. Not the cheapest and it was a daily quest just to get into our room with our key but that just added to the charm, we would definatly stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dieseldog67
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed here twice during our travels in France, and absolutely loved it. The rooms on the 5th floor have the most stunning views over the city, watching the sunrise over the Sacre Coeur in 520, and the sunset with the Eiffel Tower from 512 was just beautiful. Right in the heart of Montmartre, with easy access to the rest of Paris from Abbesses metro station. The reception staff were so friendly and helpful and really made an effort to help us enjoy our stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2012