1,062 results
All reviews small kitchenette latin quarter dead end street notre dame quiet cul de sac stove top sitting room spiral staircase stay there again left bank charming hotel ile de la cite luxembourg gardens hotel breakfast st michel perfect location five minute walk
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

We found this hotel by checking reviews on TripAdvisor and couldn’t be happier.
We visited Paris to watch England play in the 6 Nations but not having visited Paris for some time, decided to extend our stay to six nights. Personal experience is that this is a big risk - I’ve stayed in plenty of hotels where I have been desperate to get home after a couple of nights. Certainly not the case here.
First - getting there is easy. Jump on the RER line B from Paris CDG to Saint-Michel Notre Dame and then a 10 minutes walk. Reception is manned 24 hours a day and you are welcomed by a friendly member of the team who happily encouraged us to converse in pigeon French despite him being fluent in English. There is a full size fridge (with a small freezer) stocked mini-bar style and a nice touch is the complimentary bottle of water for your first night.
Standard rooms are quite small but comfortable and very clean with a good sized bathroom.
Location is brilliant. The place is close to a host of fantastic bars and restaurants and there are several supermarkets nearby. We deliberately chose to walk everywhere and if you have time, you are central enough to reach Montmartre and the Eiffel Tower on foot while getting a really good chance to look around and sample a few cafes. Always my preference to the Metro. Also, the place is so quiet at night you wouldn’t think you were in the city.
Breakfast is served either in your room or in a small salon in the basement which is prettily decorated. Lovely breakfast as well - fresh bread and pastries, youghurt, fresh fruit and lovely Parisian coffee.
Finally the staff are ready and willing to help 24 hours a day. Our tickets for the Louvre we’re happily printed in reception and people are pleased to suggest places to eat, drink and visit and will even book tables for you.
Loved this place and will make it my home from home next time I visit Paris without a doubt. I’d recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shaun H
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

This is a small hotel where you get personal service and are treated like a human being instead of a room number. They know who is in their hotel, they know the area they can reassure you in your planning, they will call cabs, they will give you practical advice and answers to questions. We had breakfast in the room all three days of our stay. The breakfast for one was plenty for me and my daughter to start our day in Paris. Upon arrival we got room service that was just perfect for taking a short rest and regrouping before starting out on our sightseeing adventures.

The decor and feel of this small boutique hotel is second to none. It is traditional and exquisitely French. The bathroom is modern and clean and large and comfortable to use. They include bath salts for a nice soak after a long day of sightseeing. The housekeepers are kind, considerate and do their job well. The mini fridge is well-stocked.

I had contact with the hotel to arrange airport pick up even before I arrived and they were always prompt and helpful in their email correspondence. While I was there I encountered nothing but pleasant people and fast answers to all my questions.

I don’t know when I will get a chance to go back to Europe, but when I do I will go straight to Paris and I will go straight to this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Robin P
HotelResidenceHenri4, Responsable réception at Hotel Residence Henri 4, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2018

Dear RobinP,

Thank you so much for your keen review that goes straight to our hearts. You have summarised everything. We are a small boutique hotel structured on human scale basis. Our aim to make our guests feel like home as we know that each trip is special.

We sincerely hope to see you again in a future trip. Until then, be well!

Hicham Khazrane

Reviewed March 17, 2018

Charming hotel in the Latin Quarter. Entire staff was very friendly and helped us make reservations for restaurants and transfers to the airport. The room was very clean and comfortable. This was my second time staying here and I will stay here again.

1  Thank donnaberty

Dear Donnaberty,

It is always a delight to read a pleasing review from someone who stayed at the Residence Henri IV more than once. This encourages us to do more and better.

We hope to host you again.

Kind regards,

Hicham KHAZRANE

Reviewed March 7, 2018

First of all , I can't understand how this hotel is rated 4 stars .
The room was normal size , but that's about all ( average 300€night)
Location is good
You get 2 bottles of "complimentary " water on first day but thereafter you will use from the fridge.
No Room service to speak off : ordered Coffee Americano , lady brought a Nescafe sachet to me, when I queried with reception, the guy didn't know what Americano was , after explaining it he suggested that I would come down there and he would make me a Nescafe. on another occasion , I asked 2 bottles of water ( 3€ each) to be brought , I was told that there is no personal in the evening and that I should come down to reception and pick it up.
Breakfast : the usual French breakfast ( 8€ / person) of jams / Crossants/ breads/Coffee ( or tea ) , brought to your room except when you order Eggs etc. , they are not brought there but you should go down and eat there.
To sum it up , Over priced and under serviced !

Room tip: I wouldn't go back again
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelResidenceHenri4, Responsable réception at Hotel Residence Henri 4, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Dear Alfred358,

Thank you for reviewing the Residence Henri IV and sorry to read that your trip did not meet up your expectations. Firstly, the hotel is indeed a 4 star Boutique hotel. I am surprised to read that the size is okay. Your room is 31 square meters made up of 1 main room and living room with modern facilities ( kitchenette, new bathroom with rain shower and a modern toilet with a remote control).

We offer 2 complimentary bottles of water upon arrival. There is a mini-bar with a variety of soft and alcoholic drinks at an affordable price. The hotel offers 2 types of room-services, one during breakfast hours ( for breakfast and hot drinks) and between 11h et 23h00 ( lunch & dinner). We have checked our records and we have brought you coffee at different hours. When the lady served you, you had a regular coffee brought to your room. The Nescafe sachets are already available in the courtesy tray and refilled each day.

As you may have noticed, the hotel is very small 13 rooms and there is only one front desk attendant. For all requests ( Ironing facilities, extra drinks, extra sheets etc ect), the staff can go up to the room if he is not already attending someone. Otherwise, we kindly ask our guests to come downstairs if the need is hasty.

Last but not least, the hotel serves 2 types of breakfast. The traditional breakfast at 8€ that you describe as "regular" contains 1 basket of 3 organic pastry and bread, fresh orange juice, fresh fruit salad, yoghurt, special traditional jam and butter plus a hot drink. Actually, the other formula that contains egg is only available for the buffet. We are thinking of widening the continental to have the egg possibility.

Best regards,

Hicham KHAZRANE

Reviewed February 11, 2018

My daughter and I just returned from a weeks stay here. We had a superior double which was a lovely well appointed room and bathroom with a sitting room and hallway with a small kitchenette. There is a stocked mini bar and all the kitchenware you need. We opted to have the continental style breakfast brought to our room each morning. It was fresh croissants and baguette with yogurt, a cup of diced fruit and delicious coffee. The staff was very friendly and efficient and all their recommendations for restaurants were wonderful.The beds were very comfortable and room was quiet. We had an in room massage while we were there that was arranged by the hotel. I think her name was Justine and she was in the top 10 of all masseuses that I have ever had. She was professional and continued to ask if pressure and temp was all okay. Highly recommend her services. Cannot beat the location - many good restaurants in walking distance. Overall a quaint, homey hotel with excellent service and staff.

Room tip: Room higher up have a view.
Date of stay: February 2018