All reviews hotel de ville bhv department store rooms are small great location marais district notre dame centre pompidou boutique hotel room key single room restaurants and bars upon check great area heart of paris hotel room street noise short stay
Reviewed December 13, 2012

When visiting Paris, the Marais is a great place to stay. There is a lot of activity, you are near everything, but you feel you are in a neighborhood. Hotel Duo is the perfect place to stay while you are there. Located at the corner of Rue de Temple and Rue de la Verrerie, you are near shops, restaurants and the metro.

I have not been to Paris for 12 years before this, and I sense a change. Paris is a very open and inviting place. The last time I was in Paris, I stayed at a hotel where I felt I had to apologize for being an American whose upbringing did not include the benefit of a foreign language. When I walked into Hotel Duo, I was warmly welcomed, told not to worry about not speaking French (although I tried).

The first two nights I booked a single, since I was by myself, I was upgraded to a double, and appreciated the extra space. The bed was a little low for my taste, but the room was modern and comfortable. It overlooked the street, which could be loud in the morning, but was so nice to look out and see all the activity in the neighborhood.

Due to a strike in Spain, I needed to extend my stay at the Hotel Duo. A friend joined me. The hotel was again, very accommodating, giving me the option to stay in the room I was already in or moving to a bigger room with 2 beds. We opted to move, and the hotel staff moved us in. The staff at Hotel Duo was always ready to help with anything you needed. They were very patient and friendly, even when you insisted in struggling through pretty poor French (they all spoke English!).

The lobby is a very comfortable place to sit after a long day of enjoying this beautiful city. You could have a cocktail or cafe before heading out to enjoy the city by night.

Thank you Hotel Duo. I thought this was going to be my last trip to Paris, but now I can't wait to return!

Room tip: There are two elevators that take you to different parts of the hotel. I preferred the room we had off the elevator by the bar (back elevator).
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa N
Yannick B, Executive Director at Hotel Duo, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for having taken the time so relate your positive impressions about your stay and with that, the Hotel DUO Paris.

We are particularly pleased that we have been able to pay a constructive and positive contribution to you quality of your stay and sincerely hope to have the opportunity to do so again.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Duo Paris is a good little boutique hotel that is very well situated in the Marais. We stayed here three nights over a weekend. The area is tight and crowded and the hotel is not roomy but it is very neat, clean, and well appointed. The rooms are quiet - some street noise can be heard as bars let out --but very little. The hotel looks recently renovated and the materials used in the design were very tasteful. Our room was small but had two benches for luggage and a decent closet. The bathroom was actually quite roomy. There is a cool lounge area and bar on the first floor, which is popular but not noisy. The hotel staff is friendly. Mostly, the hotel is convenient, cute and well priced for the location.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris C

Dear Guest,

We are particularly grateful that you have taken the time to share on
Tripadvisor your positive review on your recent stay at the Hotel DUO Paris.

These comments are very motivating for us all and we shall endeavor to maintain the standards with you have complimented. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you once again, until then however we remain,

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I spent the week of Sept 10 thru 17 at this hotel. Although room was small, being in the center of Paris, that was to be expected. Service was great and particularly enjoyed the croissants and coffee each morning.
Now the bad News! While we were out on a Dinner Cruise, someone entered our safe (not using my code) and stole my wife’s jewelry. Returning from the cruise exhausted, we didn't notice it had been taken and it was not until we were getting dressed to go out to dinner the next evening that we noticed the jewelry was missing. When my wife went down to the desk clerk he ask that she wait on calling the police until they could check with the person cleaning the room as perhaps we had left it out and she had put it somewhere. Not ever have been robbed, being naive, she agreed. The next morning we spoke to the manager and he assured us not to worry that the owner was very conscientious about taking care of her clients and that they would make everything right. The police were called reports filled out; we then took a half day from our trip to spend it with an officer at the police station. He basically said that it appeared to be an inside job but they would get records of when the safe was entered etc. I spoke to the manager once again and he assured me that they would take care of everything as we were checking out to fly back to the states.
Since that time we have contacted him with one response around the first of October, then in Mid October, I emailed again with no response and then once again on Nov 13 and as of today the 15th of Nov, have not gotten a response.
My weeks stay in this hotel, even though I was a guest of a client, has cost me thousands of dollars and items that I had custom made as presents for my wife 25 or more.years ago.....
I loved Paris, I really liked the hotel and the cafe, and most likely would not be writing this except for the way they are handling this situation.
Very unprofessional as I am starting to think when we got on the plane to come home, that was the end of that.

Room tip: The suites were much nicer...
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
9  Thank Garry S

Dear Guest,

We regret that you have felt compelled to write this review considering the matter is still under legal review.

The hotel has taken no position on the matter pending the results of the ongoing investigations which unfortunately are particularly slow, this we agree.

We do regret the discomfort you have been confronted with and are still undergoing, however as promised we shall follow up this issue.

Hôtel DUO Paris

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I really enjoyed staying at the Duo. I visit Paris at least 5 to 6 times per year but this was my first time at the Duo and I'll certainly stay there again. The location is great. It is very central but in a quiet and hip neighborhood. The decoration is beautiful and elegant, both in the common areas as well as in the rooms. They have a nice bar ( which is quiet unusual for hotels of this size in Paris) with a very friendly Brazilian bartender. The breakfast is served in a beautiful and warm space (the waiter who serves the breakfast is very nice but a little highper and it is difficult to catch him once he has served you the coffee. He never checks in again to see if something is missing) with free newspapers (Le Monde, Le Figaro and IHT, only Liberation is missing, dommage). The breakfast is very good. The "viennoiseries" and the bread are excellent and the coffee is delicious. The rooms/bathrooms are a little small but impeccable. They are very clean and the decoration is warm and elegant. They got free high speed WIFI everywhere in the hotel. The hotel also got a gym room and the sauna that I didn't have time to try. Last but not least, the staff is very nice, friendly and extremely helpful. I'll certainly come back.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guest,

We cannot express to which extent we are grateful for your kind review concerning your recent stay at the Hôtel DUO Paris.

Indeed, the best compliment any guest can extend to us, it to relate the longing to return. We shall do all we can to live up to the set standards upon your next visit, for which we thank you in advance.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This smart, clean hotel is in the middle of all of the places we wanted to visit. If it wasn't close itself, a metro stop was 2 block away. The hotel was clean and very well equipped. We appreciated the WiFi and having a bar in the hotel. The staff was pleasant, friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our belated 45th anniversary stay here. Thank you, Hotel Duo!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sally D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to relate your positive experience of the Hotel DUO Paris on Tripadvisor.

We particularly appreciate your kind words extended to the staff and that we have been able to pay a positive contribution to such an important anniversary.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you soon again, until then however we remain,