“Great Hotel in the Marais”
Review of Hotel Duo

Hotel Duo
Ranked #434 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 5 November 2017

This hotel was a welcome surprise. Modern, well designed, and comfortable as well as centrally located in the Marais near many cafes, restaurants and the metro. The staff is friendly and very helpful if you need advice on Paris sights. The bar is relaxing and the bartender is friendly too. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Paris!

Room Tip: The Junior Suite is the best room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank chand01
Agnese P, Responsable réception at Hotel Duo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear chand01,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us.

I am naturally thrilled to read your feedback with regards to your experience at the Duo.

It is excellent to read that you found our bedrooms and facilities to be modern and well designed. Our rooms are each decorated by Jean Philippe Nuel, a design which runs exclusively through the Hotel.

We work with great compassion and sincerity, and always wish for our guests to consider themselves very much part of our Duo Family.

It is quite an honour to read that you felt your stay was relaxing, and I do hope that I can welcome you back personally upon your next stay with us at Duo.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I have just come back from a two night stay at Hotel Duo which I booked through Presigia. Agreed listed price was 190 Euros per night for single occupancy. I have just got home and seen the receipt for my stay and seen that I was charged 230 Euros per night. This is 80 euros extra which I did not agree to and has been sneakily added to the bill. I have contacted the hotel but have yet to hear anything back. Very poor indeed. Would suggest people avoid. Additionally, very small rooms, on a very busy street with single pane glass windows so no break from the road noise at all. That coupled with the most uncomfortable large yet utterly unsupportive pillows I have ever come across, meant hardly any sleep at all.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank agoogly
Agnese P, Responsable réception at Hotel Duo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Agoogly,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Hotel Duo.

I was naturally extremely sorry to read your feedback this afternoon, and to know that you left the hotel with such disappointment. I was further saddened that you did not share your impressions with me when I asked you personally if you enjoyed your stay.

I regret to read that you were under the impression that an extra charge was added to the bill, though the charge you do describe was a miscommunication between hotel and the agency Prestigia. The full amount was refunded to you at 7 AM on the next day after your departure.
I have since reviewed the accuracy of our data transmission with Prestigia, just to ensure we are avoiding any confusion which could led to a misinterpretation.

I have further looked again in the detail of each point you mentioned:
I was saddened to hear you consider our rooms to be small, if you would have given us the information that you did not enjoy the room we would certainly propose you another one according to the availabilities. We offer a 7 room types of different size and arrangement from Single Standard 11m² to Duo Suite 40m², please feel free to contact us for any additional information on room facilities.
Secondly all our rooms are equipped with double glazed windows that ensure the optimal sound isolation in the centre of Paris. We wish you would have told us about your preferences, as we do propose a courtyard facing rooms for our dear guests with light sleep.
Thirdly our pillows have been recently changed and could seem to be too ‘large’ because of being brand new. And again we wish you had informed us as we have a different types of pillows available on request.
I was astonished to learn of your overall disappointment, and you noting only 1 of 5 points to Service and Tidiness though not mentioning any information why, as we are proud to have all of our guests to be satisfied of housekeeping work and non-allergic products used.

I am saddened that you left us with such an impression, however I appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. Should you wish to discuss your stay with me personally, I would be grateful for this opportunity, and can be reached any time directly at the Hotel or by email.

Yours sincerely,
Hotel Duo Team

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel has a good location in Marais. We like it. It is within walking distant to all the places we are interested in visiting.
The receptionists are friendly, especially STEFAN who is extremely helpful and always has a smile on his face. It makes one happy to see a smiling face .We have stayed many times at this hotel. Rooms are pretty small but for us, the location is important.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jetsetters2015
Agnese P, Responsable réception at Hotel Duo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear jetsetters2015,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at Hotel Duo!

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and especially your nice words about Stefan, he is indeed our sunshine!

We take great pride in ensuring that each of our guests is made to feel very much at home at Duo. I really am incredibly lucky to have such an amazing team caring for our guests, and so I am thrilled to see their hospitality recognised!

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Duo, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I had walked by the Hotel Duo many times on my trips to Paris. I recently needed a hotel for a couple of nights, and I remembered the Hotel Duo. The hotel sits in the heart the Marais just off of the rue de Rivoli. Surrounded by small, upscale shops, restaurants, and great walking areas. The hotel has nice rooms that are comfortable and to date. I found the rooms to meet my needs for comfort, space, connectability with a touch of trendy. The staff is very nice and helpful. There is a nice bar and lounge in the lobby that appears to be popular with the younger professionals. In the mornings, there is nice breakfast in the same space. Great boutique hotel and will probably stay there next week.....if I can get in.

Room Tip: Have a drink in the lobby and then explore the area, and take in the Picasso Museum
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear maxdanger,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review.

We are all so pleased to read your kind words, and to know that you felt very well cared for during your stay with us at Hotel Duo.
As you had mentioned The Marais has number of trendy shops and restaurants, as well as its own department store, the BHV Marais.
We are truly lucky to be in this spot-on location, a steps away from Notre Dame, Hotel de Ville and Place des Vosges.

Feedback of every guest is very important to us, and I wanted to thank you again for taking the time to detail your stay.

I truly hope that we will be able to welcome you back again, and if we can do anything at all for you in order to help to organise your next stay with us, please do let us know.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

This was my second stay at Hotel Duo and it didn't disappoint. It is located in a great part of the Marais right across from BHV department store and other great shops. Our room, although small, was clean and the shower was powerful. Their wifi was also pretty good. The lobby is fabulous, big and comfortable with a few seating areas. The staff is also fabulous. Sebastian is wonderful! Very lovely to deal with and always friendly and accommodating. He is always smiling. Fathi was also very nice and very helpful. I would definitely stay at this hotel my next trip to Paris.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Meryl S
Agnese P, Responsable réception at Hotel Duo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Meryl S,

Thank you for this amazing review!

We are really flattered to welcome you for the second time at Hotel Duo.
Indeed Le Marais is a spot-on location for fashion lovers to rediscover Paris at its historical roots. The BHV department store built in 1856 is a marriage of history and contemporary modern lifestyle, located just across the street of Hotel Duo.

All of them with unique design by Jean-Philippe Nuel we offer 7 room types of different sizes and arrangements, please see the exact description on our official web site and choose the most convenient for your stay.

We are proud hearing your compliments to our staff, your kind words will be passed on to Sebastian and Fethi.

While waiting for your come-back we wish you a nice day and hope to see you soon!

Warmest regards,

The Hotel Duo Team

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Fantastic location in the heart of the Marais. Beautiful design throughout with a combination of historic charm and sophisticated cool.Staff was extremely friendly and helpful with all questions.
Our room was small but well designed to accommodate two with our luggage. We had 2 closets and a large bathroom. Windows on the street were a concern at first as the pedestrian traffic is constant. But the glazing was effective and we slept
peacefully every night. We loved the street view and access to the fabulous department store across the street.
Our bed was two twins joined together and it was quite comfortable.
Breakfast was served daily until 10:30 and 11:00 AM on weekends. The quality of the food and the lovely service made the cost worthwhile.
We would absolutely stay again and highly recommend Hotel Duo.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gail D
Sébastien G, Deputy Manager at Hotel Duo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear Gail D,

Thank you so much for your review!
I will spread the word to our team !
By returning, please do not hesitate to get directly back to us by email to point out your preferences regarding the room (courtyard or street view, upper or lower level, twin or queen bed ...) so that we can try to improve your experience and trip in Paris.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Very expensive. My son booked two rooms in February for our August three day stay.
Mine turned out to be in the 3rd floor with no view, his was on the 5th ot 6th with a view of the street. Same price for each room..........we booked 6 months in advance, the rooms should have been on the same floor. I felt very cut off once my door was closed. AC was iffy and the refrigerator was not cold. They said the power had gone off!,,,,,,,,

Apartfrom that the hotel was central to everything in le Marais.

Room Tip: You don't get to choose it, it is assigned.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear deltalainey,

Thank you for taking some time to write a review!
Should we ever have the delight to welcome you again, please also spend some time at the reception as well so that we can switch you to another room if you do not like the view as we can only modify this during your stay. Some guest prefer not to face the street as our district can be too lively.

Kindest regards,