“Love the Keppler!!”
Review of Hotel Keppler

Hotel Keppler
Ranked #48 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Keppler in Paris and we absolutely loved it! The intimate boutique atmosphere absolutely completes the Parisian experience! You're sure you're in Paris the entire time, not only when sight seeing! Our room was gorgeous- every detail was more amazing than the last. Our windows opened to cobblestone roads-- so picturesque! The location is exceptional, staff is incredibly helpful. We didn't want to leave! I reccomend this hotel to any couple looking for a luxurious, romantic Parisian getaway!

Also-- the pillows are AMAZING!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AmyDek117
There are newer reviews for Hotel Keppler

Reviewed 1 March 2012

This review is much overdue since we stayed at the Keppler in Sept. 2011 for 5 nights for our honeymoon. However, we enjoyed the beautiful Keppler and its location so much that it warrants a top rating from us. It's wonderfully located near the Champs Elysee/Arc De Triomphe. From the quaint rue Keppler we walked everywhere. The concierge was wonderful and helped us enjoy several wonderful meals at phenomenal restaurants. The hotel itself has a very stylish boutique feel - we stayed in the executive suite - still small but typical for Paris - beautifully appointed. Especially loved the gorgeous marble bathroom. We have very fond memories of our trip to Paris and Hotel Keppler was a terrific part of it.

Room Tip: If you can splurge for the larger room, it's worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank spellboundc5
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We needed a hotel for one night in order to celebrate my daughters 18 ears birthday. We reserved two ordinary rooms and paid via the webpage. When we arrived by car, we noted that the street was very narrow and no obvious parking spaces. But the concierge managed to get os squeezed into a slot in the street and we checked in. My wife and I got upgraded - free - to a very nice suite with two rooms in a corner with a view to the street. The rooms were very nice, clean and enjoyed free internet access and plenty of flatscreen TVs. The breakfast was served in the basement in a small restaurant and provided a decent selection. The hotel staff were very attentive and helpful and all spoke very good english. The hotel is ideally located 200 meters from Arche de Triumphe and Champs E'lysses and in walking distances from all relevant spots in central Paris. This is a good place to stay in Paris.

3  Thank Kommandousen
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Overall a very enjoyable stay at the Keppler. We went with our children and relatives and had a very busy time visiting the obvious tourist attractions. The hotel is very nicely furnished and decorated. The rooms are on the small side but very well appointed. Staff were charming, friendly and helpful, although we weren't totally convinced that the concierges gave us the best suggestions, either for meals or for attractions. The location is good, although the area lacks the life and character of the left bank, perhaps. To be honest, anywhere in Central Paris is going to be a good location - the main sights are all eminently walkable and that is one of the fun parts of a visit there. Highly recommended if it's in your price range and we would certainly return if and when we are back in Paris.

Room Tip: Book a suite if you can and get a terrace with a view of the Eiffel Tower for the quintessential Par...
2  Thank chasm1
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The hotel is well situated, 25mins walk to the Eiffel Tower, 5mins to the Arc de Trionfe and Champs Elysees.
Wonderfully decorated and the staff are extremely attentive.
The hotel has a breakfast service which I found to be very good with a great selection.
The in room ammenities are superb (HD TV, iPod/iPhone compatible bedside clock/stereo), bathrobes, slippers, kettle on request (e.g. for babies).

Possible caveats:
the rooms are tight but adequate.

Summary:
If you want classy, stress free and beautiful accomodation look no further. But if on a budget... look elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Julesybabes
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Keppler. We found this hotel on many "best-of" boutique hotel lists, and after reviewing its stellar tripadvisor reviews, we decided to stay there.

The concierge was a huge help in providing us reservations on Valentine's Day at Frenchie, which was wonderful. The heart chocolates at turn down service were beautiful and delicious.

Our room was beautifully decorated and spacious enough. Coming from an apartment in NYC, we were not expecting sprawling rooms, but we definitely had enough space. The bathroom was also beautiful and although the water did spill out from the shower, it seemed like it was intended to do so since there was a drain in the floor.

The lobby looks exactly like the pictures on the website, as do the bedrooms. I have stayed in enough hotels around the world to know sometimes hotel websites can lead to huge disappointments. This one surely did not.

I look forward to returning to Hotel Keppler - their service, location, and amenities are exactly what I hope to find for a relaxing and enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank CakiZ
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Based on the high rating on tripadvisor and the location, we picked this hotel as a base for our 2 night stay. As much as I rely and love using tripadvisor, I have a feeling that hotels (those with high ratings) can rest on their laurels because of this and perhaps some lower rated hotels doesn't get a fair chance- That is why I have decided to give Hotel Keppler 3 stars- and these are my reasons:

We booked this hotel as a valentines trip. I emailed the hotel a month before arriving to confirm our room and also to ask for restaurant recommendations since a) their concierge came highly recommended on here and b)it's valentines- everything will be booked. I patiently waited a week and after receiving no response i emailed them again. Again, i received absolutely no response. My husband called the hotel 2 days before leaving London to confirm they have our reservation and enquire why they haven't responded to any emails- they had "a problem with their system for the last 2 days".. hummm

We found the hotel quite easily, it's a short walk from George V station, the lobby is small but elegant. Check in was straight forward and professional but not warm and engaging in the slightest. Perhaps the Parisian way but not what I gathered from previous reviewers? We had a bell boy take our luggage to our room. As soon as we entered our room I realised they gave us the wrong room category. This room was tiny- don't bother trying to swing a cat. Reluctantly we had to waste time and go downstairs to sort this out. My husband asked them what room they gave us- instead of telling us the category (classic- avoid unless you're travelling solo) the receptionist replied "let me check what category you booked) He came back with a "oh, we gave you the wrong room). Perhaps i'm cynical but it seems to me that they knew they gave us the wrong room. Back up to the 3rd floor, on to the new room which was slightly bigger.

Toiletries were good quality and bath robes and slippers provided but only two bath towels- nothing to dry hair. Two small hand towels but I had to use these as bath mats since the shower (in the bath) spilled water all over the floor after each shower and no bath mats provided. We had no problems with noise despite being on the road side. The pillows were TERRIBLE. Small, square european and lumpy. yuk. Because of our room incident I thought they might send us a glass of wine to aplogise or perhaps a note? I'm not normally fussed with things like this but since they are a boutique hotel- this attention to detail counts and especially since I read one reviewer reporting he didn't like a restaurant recommendation they gave him and in return they apologised by sending a big bottle of Hermes to his room? hmmm. Does make one question some of the reviews. And since it was valentines and Paris- perhaps heart shaped chocolates at turn down? Cocktails at the bar with a valentines twist? Something? Boutique hotel?

Anyways, we made our own reservations (i highly recommend restaurant Jamin- 10 minute walk and great food) and the rest of the trip was fine. I was critical with my review but I think all too often (myself included) hotels get bookings based on TA reviews. I think it's only fair then that the negative gets pointed out also for people to be able to make a informed decision. This was an ok hotel. Not bad but not great. Will I stay here again? Probably not.

One final point and to end the review on a positive- the breakfast ladies are a real asset to hotel Keppler and run the pretty breakfast room with military precision- well done.

Room Tip: AVOID the classic room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
19  Thank champagnetravels
KepplerManager, General Manager at Hotel Keppler, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear Guests,

First of all we’d like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your Valentine’s Day trip.
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you mentioned on your comments.
We are very sorry about what happened with your emails to our concierge service, which
normally really is excellent since we plan trips and book lots of restaurants, museums, concerts, ballets and operas for
our guests daily. I’m very sorry that we have missed your emails somehow.
And again we apologize for the room category error. We had a small group diplomats of staying in the hotel and their plans changed
almost by the hour. Since few of them needed to stay 2 more days, we had to modify all the arrivals and that was the reason
for the wrong room. Please excuse us for that.
We are happy that you had your dinner in the Jamin restaurant, where we sent guests all the time. We hope that you really
enjoyed it as well as our heart shaped chocolates that we left on the bed in all the rooms to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
If you’d give us a chance for your next Paris trip, we’d love to pamper you and give you a free upgrade to make this up to you.
We all wish you nice spring and we have taken good note of all the comments so that we can again improve our services.
Thank you and I stay at your disposition.

Rita Nouvel