“Wonderfully central”

Ranked #1,272 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderfully central”
Reviewed 18 December 2011

A well located hotel within walking distance of the Tuleries, Louvre, Musee d'Orsay and much more. Close to good restaurants and cafes, the Metro etc., - a great little hotel which catered well to our family's needs. Great value for money and very helpful staff. My 7th stay in Paris and this was the most convenient/centrally located hotel I've used to date.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank StevAus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Turkish first
Lower Economy, Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This is a slice of history,(see the painting behind the front desk) it is a' room with a view' of life in Paris . It's not the Best Western,but you can walk and shop and eat and tour from here.Sorry we only had five days at this great hotel. If we ever get back to Paris , it will be at this hotel.

Room Tip: The views from the family suite were incredible.Find out all you can about the St. Roch area
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank tedateconomy
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This hotel is well located in an area of exclusive shops and fine restaurants. The Louvre and the Musee d Orsay are only as far as a leisurely walk through a lovely park. Just down the street is a fine restaurant, Aubergine St. Roch and a little farther a cute place to get morning coffee and a cressant. Although this hotel is well located, my advise is to stay away. It is very shabby, although not dirty. From the front door that doesn't open, to the cramped stairways to the torn carpets, it is just sub-par. I recommend booking another hotel in the same area. Good travels!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank AlpineLife

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Reviewed 10 September 2011

we have been staying at this hotel since 1995'probably about 10 visits. its so close to louvre, musee dorsay, garnier opera, tuileries just to name a few. excellent shopping, and several metro stations nearby. staff have always been helpful and friendly.. love the breakfast room. best of all is value for money. i would not stay anywhere else willingly unless i was looking for luxury at several times the price

• Stayed February 2011
3 Thank arapuni
Bristol
Reviewed 3 September 2011

The location is EXCELLENT! Within minutes you’re at the Louvre or the Ritz, or along Rue de Rivoli for clothes shopping. Rue de l’Opera is a few minutes the other way where there are lots of cafes, restaurants and great bars dotted throughout the streets. There is also a taxi stand just a few minutes up Rue de Rivoli. There are ATM’s all over the place and lots of souvenir stores along Rue de Rivoli. And le Jardin des Tuileries is a spectacular place to read a book, eat lunch or people watch, all with the glass pyramid of the Louvre in the background.

I read the reviews and was a little sceptical, however I took a chance and booked for three nights. We needed a twin for one night and a triple for two further nights, for three females aged between 33 – 36.

The stairs are a little steep, however there is a lift and you can take your time walking up and down. I personally didn’t think that they were half as bad as the reviews had me believe. As an Australian, I find a lot of stairs throughout Europe to be steep, more so than what we would ever have at home, though these really weren’t a deal breaker.

The staff were very pleasant, especially one guy on the nightshift on the evening of August 31st who was excellent, seeking out a cab for my cousin who had a very early departure the next morning. They were always really pleasant to us. We also attempted French (very basic!) when we spoke to them to be respectful, though we also tried with everyone that we spoke to all over Paris! It’s a fun part of the Parisian experience and also really well received by the locals.

The rooms were tidy and the bathroom was clean. For the price, I was very happy indeed. As an avid traveller I spend most of my waking hours exploring outside of the hotel so I want a safe clean space in a great location for a good price and this place ticked all of the boxes.
Everyone has different expectations when they travel, however I feel from my experience at this hotel, that some reviewers expected champagne accommodation on a cheap wine budget. They were correct about elderly people with the stairs however, they’re best requesting rooms on lower floors.

I would absolutely stay in this hotel again, I’ve been to Paris three times now and this is the place I’d come back to. I’ve also recommended it to some friends already!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank PipR_UK
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Although not a glamorous hotel, we paid under $300 for a terrific location and got a nice triple room so we each had our own bed. The clean bathroom was recently updated with a regular size tub and shower with good water pressure and clean tiles. We were on the 4th floor, Room 12 and with the weather in the 80's during the 3 days we were there, we found that the air conditioner cooled the room nicely. Most importantly we were in a safe location and felt comfortable walking to cafes and bars late at night. The Ritz where Princess Diana stayed her last night was just a few blocks down Saint Honore from our hotel. The Louvre is 5 minutes away, where we were able to catch the L'Open Double Decker tour bus for a great way to see the city .Champs E'lysees was within walking distance (20 minutes), as well as the Pyramid metro stop. Tuilerie Gardens was 2 blocks away. I would recommend going out of the hotel instead of eating breakfast there. The hotel does not have a bar and has very limited food offerings, but there are many places to eat in close proximity.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bev H
france
Reviewed 17 June 2011

When you book a room two months in advance with email confirmation (room for 85€) you expect to get what you asked for. But when I arrived they told me that there had been a mistake with the email (hello? they had 2 months to rectify their 'mistake') and that there were no rooms for 85€ so I was given a tiny room for 10€ less. I was not given any other choice.

I was late meeting someone so I didn't pay too much attention to the room which, I realised later, looked onto bits of roof, no sun, no view, just other room's windows looking down on me with all the bowels of the airconditioning machinery right at ear level. Airless. Room number 8. Miniscule. A room that should not be given to anyone.

I could not sleep all night. I asked the night porter if I could change rooms. No. He was furious that I woke him from his nap, saying it was my problem as I had 'chosen' the room. (I speak French by the way). I was forced to use the air conditioning (which I hate) because of the infernal noise which was as loud as a jumbo jet taking off. But even with the air-con on I could still hear the noise. When I complained the next morning I expected to be given a free night for another time or my money back. (I paid at arrival). Not a bit of it. Although they all had heard how unhappy I was all the man on duty did was give me a piece of paper to write a letter to the management. They'd 'get back to me', he said. He said they were not reachable by phone. A lie. When I threatened them with a trip advisor report suddenly they were on the phone. He told me there was only one 85€ room which had a leaky shower that was being repaired. The management told me 85€ rooms didn't exist. Both stories were lies. When I saw the price list for the rooms on the wall there were no less than 8 rooms for the 85€ price! I booked 2 months in advance, so what was the problem there? Upgrading me for a mistake they made (their overbooking) didn't occur to them. No client should be given room number 8 for any price.

Finally, they gave me a discount, a 20€ note. Big deal. I booked the hotel solely for its location, which, I have to say, is fabulous. But I won't go back there.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo