“Nice funky stay”
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Living Room
In your pyjamas ready, steady, sleep!!!
Balls of light
The round bed...
... for endless nights...
Welcome children
The world in pink
Let's play!
No entry for parents
It's time to jump in!
The tRIPLE BEDROOM
Impossible to slip between the drops...
The incredible telephone toilet
Half Bathroom
You can’t imagine where I’m calling from...
Half Bathroom
This bed has passed its M.O.T.!
Fill up with sleep
Street
Street
Facade
Entrance
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dusseldorf, Germany
“Nice funky stay”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Me and my wife (47-55) invited my parents (72-76) for 4 days to Paris and it was the right choise to book this appartement. From the first contact until the end of the stay everything was perfect and the tips/infos from Monsieur Bertrand where really helpful. The location is good and the way to most attractions is simple. I am sure that if you travel with children they will enjoy the appartement as well. The only thing that maybe could be a (small) problem if you go there with older people could be the steps downstairs. It depends off course how fit they are. Anyway, I can recommend this appartment without doubt. Merci!

Travelling group: Erweitertem Familienkreis
Squeffi
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Unforgettably cool apartment”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

We absolutely loved this apartment! Whoever designed the interior has certainly got panache! Going to the loo in a telephone box was a novelty! The photos are no exaggeration of how funky this place is! All the beds are comfy and the kitchen is well-equipped. I would recommend taking a torch or a plug-in night light if you stay with children, as there is no natural light in the apartment and so it is extremely dark in the night if you need to get up to get up to go to the bathroom.
The apartment is within easy walking distance of metro stations Jules Joffin and Porte de Clingancourt. You can easily walk to the Sacré Coeur.
The landlord provides lots of really great recommendations and advice about where to go and how to get there. We loved his suggestion Bistrot de la Renaissance, which reeks of amazing Parisian atmosphere, is just round the corner from the apartment and isn't at all touristy.

Liked best: The funky design
Liked least: The lack of windows but we did know about that in advance so no complaints
Travelling group: Young Children
London
Reviewed 17 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
SC
Reviewed 10 September 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
AlineRanc...
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good except for the owner”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

I rented the apartment until 12h, as written in the contract! We had to leave earlier due to the flight, and then I set up an appointment with the owner to check out the apartment, 30 minutes earlier than I had to leave! He never mentioned he planned to start the cleaning that time! I thought he was going there only to check if we're leaving the apartment in good conditions, as it was the case!

The fact is that he arrived in the time we'd agreed to check the apt and was really rude with me and my kids, saying that we had to leave immediatelly (and not 30' after as I had mentined to him by phone)! My little daughters could neither use the bathroom, I had to go to a coffee shop!

The apt is ok, far from the metro station and with dangerous stairs, but good considering the rest.

But because of the owner I would never recommend someone to rent an apt, so stupid!

Liked best: Funny apt
Liked least: the owner, really careless
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Não.
Management Response
2 Sep 2013
Dear Aline. I’m so disappointed by reading your review. I do believe that the reality is, however, a little bit different... 1/ As written in the rental agreement that you signed « the apartment should be free at 11.00am ». Not noon... 2/ You set up the appointment for check-out at 8.30am. Why were you daughters still sleeping at 8.40am ? The check out is by definition « the latest time to vacate a room. », right? 3/ The distance to the closest metro station is 500 meters. It’s a 6 minutes walk only. 4/ Sorry if I offended you by pointed out that a 10 hours delay on arrival day (without letting me know it!) was a little bit uncomfortable for me, or deploring that you put the mattress down on the floor (??) without any protection. Leaving to one side the last 30 minutes of your 4 days stay I know that you had a great time in Paris. I wish you all the best in your future trips. Best regards. Bertrand
aberdeenl...
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Paris Champion Apartment-fun, cheap accommodation for big group”
Reviewed 10 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013
people found this review helpful

Our group was 6 friends - 1 of them was driving from elsewhere in Europe so the car park space was a blessing. Due to the size of our group we had considered staying in a hostel but they were no cheaper than having a few hotel rooms. The cost of the apartment divided amongst us along with the car park space worked out to be the cheapest option for us. We were delighted to find out that it was a lovely apartment and full of fun too! The convenience of cooking our own food was also bonus (and it helped our budget).
I slept in the red circular bed and after a day of walking around Paris, it seemed like the most comfortable bed ive ever slept in!
The toilet was fun and the shower was good and powerful. The only thing missing in the bathroom would be a lock on the door. This wasnt a big issue, but it did mean we had to announce when it was in use.
The metal stairs down to the lower level had rubber moulds on the steps. I presume it prevents slipping but they really hurt on bare feet. Again, not a problem as such- it just meant we had to put on our shoes when getting out of bed etc and going to the bathroom.
I really am splitting hairs here- the apartment was awesome and pretty much everything you would use living in an apartment is provided (eg towels, hairdryer, dishwasher/tablets, toiletries, guide books).
The closest metro station is Porte de Clingnancourt (5mins walk) but we felt there were some dodgy characters hanging about there- inside and out. The area seemed run down at that station. The other station we used was Jules Joffrin and it in comparison had a lovely vibe and was surrounded by nice cafes, bars and yummy bakeries (boulangeries). It was about 15 mins walk to the apartment. We used day tickets and it worked out the cheapest way for us to get around as we were only visiting for a few days. BEWARE- we encountered some feral children at a few metro stations and on one occasion they tried to snatch the hair clip off our friends head!! They were also trying to get in to our bags etc whilst distracting us by asking the time. This can happen anywhere of course but it made us more vigilant of our belongings.
Wifi at the apartment was a great way to let the rest of the world see our holiday snaps and book tickets for excursions.
It would be useful to have a 2nd key. Our large group often split up during the day and this restricted us with times to be back to let people in.
There was a sour note at the end of our stay when Bertrand (owner/manager) came to our apartment at 1015 when we had arranged a 1030 departure/key handover. Minutes later new guests were at the door wanting to get in. We were just about to load our car and we ended up having our luggage out on the street so he could check the apartment for damage etc. I understand it is a business and perhaps the new guests were early but it wasnt a nice way to end our otherwise excellent stay in a great apartment.
I believe there are other novelty apartment owned by the same people and we will definitely consider staying in them if we return to Paris.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the whole apartment!!
Liked least: the one key
Travelling group: Friends
Large groups
Paris1221
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Amazing family apartment”
Reviewed 10 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013
people found this review helpful

What a unique apartment in the heart of Montmarte! We loved every second in the place- in fact my kids kept begging to come home from sight seeing each day to play/hang out. The beds were the most comfortable of anywhere I traveled (even better then my home bed). Location in the middle of the action (making us feel less like tourists but natives). Great bakeries, grocery shopping, restaurants at every corner. Metro's pretty close by- most attractions took about 30+ to get to. Only one small complaint- bath towels so small (more like hand towels by American Standard). Chez Bertrand was so helpful all along the process and made our stay truly unforgetable.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Unique artwork and fun atmosphere
Liked least: small towels
Travelling group: Young Children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;