All reviewsla petite chaiseyogurtgreat locationrooms are smallwalking distancecharming hotelstay there againrodin museumcontinental breakfastmetro stationleft bankthe hotel staffseine riverlovely boutiqueeiffel towerbreakfast was excellenthighly recommend this hotel
Reviewed September 20, 2011

if you are looking for cosy rooms and excellent service, Hotel St.-Germain is the place for you. The hotel is very well situated in the famous french quartier St.Germain, so you can walk all day long, savoring the unique Parisian atmosphere. I loved it. Perfect place to stay while visiting Paris. I will definitely come back here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Masha_Kravchenberg
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Booked this hotel for an 8 night stay in Paris. The room we were given was on the ground floor at the back of the hotel. The first night we were woken by an alarm going off and then again at 6.30 when breakfast started. Generally on holiday we like a long lie so asked at reception if it were possible that we could get a different room as didn't want woken at 6.30 every day. After two night we were gratefully moved to another room on the first floor. The decor in the two rooms we had were dated although from what we believe the hotel is being done up.

Breakfast was basic continental. There was a small selection including cereal, plain croissants, baguettes and yoghurts. It would have been better if there had been some fruit.

Location was handy for the metro although the line we were on wasn't the best as always had to change on to line 1 at concorde. The streets round the hotel were very quiet at night so no risk of noisy traffic however not a large choice of restaurants or bars.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The main advantage of this hotel is the location, but I do not think that it offers good value for money. The hotel is currently being renovated and the walls are very thin so you can hear everything, and there is no wi-fi in the hotel even though they advertise this on their website - and this seemed to be the case throughout the hotel as everyone who wanted to work had to sit in the lobby in the evening. When I complained that there was no wi-fi in my room, I had to press the receptionist to go beyond his initial reaction of 'hmph'. He also would not give me the name of the manager so I could write to complain to about the service I had received from the hotel 'because I had booked through an agency' which I find a very odd argument.

The rooms are small with no mini-bars and basic television service. In general I think this hotel is over-priced and trading on its location.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank travelforwork_11
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights in July and had a very nice stay. Francois at the front desk couldn't have been more gracious and helpful. He sure made up for years of bad reputation by other Parisian hotels' staffs. Francois remembered our names and was very helpful with directions and other requests. Our room had been renovated recently and was clean and pleasant with a definite French feel to it. The room faced the back courtyard so was nice and quiet. The room was big enough for 2 people - probably good size by Paris standards. Breakfast was basic but good and kept well-stocked, with GOOD coffee!
We would definitely stay here again. Thank you again, Francois, for your hospitality!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank swiley111
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The hotel is at a fantastic location. Ok, the rooms are small, the breakfast very simple and renovation still takes place (on the 3th en 4th floor were many electronic wires) but we enjoyed the cosy rooms and the very sweet and attentive service of the (English speaking) staff at reception. This is Paris. Do not expect too much but enjoy the pearls (for example the nice 'living room' were we drunk coffee and were able to acces internet (which did not work in the rooms).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business