Open today: 7:45 a.m. - 6:45 p.m.
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Tours de la Cathedrale Notre-Dame
from US$112.90
from US$29.40
from US$69.40
from US$41.20
8,309 results
All reviews notre dame bell tower worth the wait worth the climb beautiful cathedral gothic architecture spiral staircase long line stained glass museum pass visiting paris gargoyles queue lines hunchback mass beauty
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

With our Paris Pass we got a tour of the cathedral. The line is long to get in so go early and wait for it to open. Security is tight. The tour is great and informative. It does leave time to explore and take photos as you go.

Reviewed March 23, 2018

It is a "must see" attraction, the way up is a bit difficult, lots of stairs, but surely worth it. The view, the bell tower, the gargouills that guard the towers, everything is very interesting. In order to get in, you must reserve a timeslot from a kiosk at the base of the tower, or on the jeville app and come at the selected time to go up. No more staying in long lines, just a few minutes at the most.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

You have to get a time ticket first on the side of left tower. Than come back on indicated time. Meanwhile visit the inside of the church. (It is always crowded)
The climbing up is nothing for not trained people. Once you begun there is no possibility to return the same staircase. Than you have to continue. Behind you everything is blocked. Make sure you are in a good condition.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Although an atheist, I love visiting cathedrals in any city I visit. They always bring the history and culture of a people. Every time I went to Paris I visited Notre-Dame. It is a unique cathedral, unlike any other I have visited. It has an incredible atmosphere inside, the gothic chapel shape gives this intonation. On the outside the front is an ordinary cathedral, yet the left side is surprising and reveals all the magnitude of this fantastic architecture of Gothic style.

Reviewed March 16, 2018

We enjoyed Notre Dame Cathedral -- both the inside and climbing the towers.

For the towers, you no longer need to (or can) wait in line - you have to get your time in advance through the app or from the machine next to the tower entrance at the cathedral. Tickets for each day start being given out at 7:30am; the earliest timed tower entrance is at 10:00am. Because we were staying in the 12th arrondisement (about 3 miles from Notre Dame), I downloaded the app to my iPhone the night before after learning about it on TripAdvisor. I searched the app store for "JeFile," and the only search result was something called "Out of the Line." After I downloaded the app, it gave me a message that said something like "Not near any attractions," and so I wondered if maybe I was going to be too far away from Notre Dame for it to work. However, the next morning at 7:30am, I opened up the app from our hotel room, and sure enough, I could pick from any 10-minute time slot I wanted, starting with 10:00 - 10:10am. I chose the first time slot for our group of 5. (Note, the app allows only a group of 7 at a time, so if you have more than this number of people in your group, you'll have to have multiple people reserve slots. I believe there are about 30 available slots in each 10-minute window.)

The beauty of the app was that you could easily re-schedule your time if necessary. In our case, the Chatelet metro station was unexpectedly closed, and so we were majorly delayed in commuting from our hotel - meaning we were not going to be able to get Notre Dame by 10am. As a result, when I realized this (at about 9:30am), I re-scheduled to the 11am time slot. So easy and stress-free!!

We showed up at the tower entrance at 10:52am, and they told us to wait until 11am. While we were waiting, we noticed the 2 little machines next to the entrance where people were getting their tickets for future timed entries. There were also 2 digital screens showing what the next available time slots were, and how many spaces were left.

I see no reason why you'd use the machines rather than the app if given the choice.

Right at 11am, they let our group of 5 (and about 15 other people who had our same time slot) inside, and we climbed about 30 stairs up to a small waiting room where you could buy tickets (if you didn't have the Museum Pass). My wife and I had the Museum Pass, and so our family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids) didn't need to do anything extra. So in other words, the timed entry system applies regardless of whether you have the Museum Pass or are paying separately for your ticket. This little room was also a gift shop, giving you the opportunity to buy things if you wanted.

At about 11:10am, we were finally allowed to start climbing up the towers. It is a very steep climb, but well worth it. Once you are about 3/4 of the way up, you can view the bell tower, and then you have the choice to keep going up to the top, or to head down. 3 in our group decided to not go to the very top - they were already a little queasy, and seeing the bell tower didn't help (the bell tower doesn't look like it's strong enough to hold all these people - but of course it is). The views from the very top were stunning and well worth it.

Once we got to the bottom, we went inside the cathedral itself and looked around. Free entry, although plenty of offerings/donations/maps available if you want to spend money. We spent about 45 minutes on the towers, and about 30 minutes inside the cathedral itself. There was no line to get inside the cathedral at the time we were there (about 11:45am on a Monday).

Our Monday in March included the Conciergerie, Notre Dame Cathedral (inside and a timed tower visit), lunch nearby, Sainte-Chapelle, walking through the Latin Quarter, Luxembourg Gardens, and a ride up to the top of Montparnasse Tower.

15  Thank 907blaked