“Wonderful guide and tour!”
Review of Culturefish! Tours

Culturefish! Tours
Ranked #80 of 610 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fun, free (donations-based) walks through Paris that give you insight into how to interact with the locals in Paris so you can unlock a warm welcome from them. The city comes to life through stories of Paris' history, fun facts, and SPECTACULAR views. Created by three French-American siblings, Culture Fish Tours are now offered in English and Spanish. Reservations are recommended but not necessary--simply show up at the meeting points!
Reviewed August 1, 2016

Pierre was very personable and very knowledgeable and I loved his incorporation of culture into the tour not just reciting dates, facts and people's names. I feel like we got to know the REAL history and current Montmarte. I would definitely recommend both CultureFish and Pierre!

1  Thank onetessie

Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

Pierre is a wonderful tour guide; very knowledgable and personable. His Montmarte walking tour is the perfect introduction to the neighborhood.

Lasted 2.5 hrs. I think. Saw so many great sights and learned about the real Montmarte away from the unsavory areas around Moulin Rouge.

I highly recommend. Tour free, but remember to bring money for tip.

Reviewed July 28, 2016

So glad I read about Culturefish Tours on tripadvisor. Pierre was a super friendly and knowledgable guide and the Montmartre tour was a wonderful introduction to the area. He takes you to the real Montmartre up the hill and away from the Moulin Rouge/iffy area. So much info and sights - history, artists and their former apartments and favorite restaurants, architecture, sculpture, etc. Also approached Sacre Couer from the back, and went in for few minutes avoiding the hucksters I'd read about all along the main route up hill.

We ate dinner at different restaurants on the Rue des Abbesses both nights we were there per his recommendation.

Tours are free, but be sure to have tip money on hand. He definitely deserves it!

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

Wow, how lucky I am to have found these walking tours in Paris! I'm flying solo and staying at a hostel for a few days, so this was the PERFECT way to be introduced to Paris. Pierre was my tour guide for both tours, and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND! They're free, pay as you wish.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 16, 2016

We did the Montmartre walking tour on the last full day of our two week trip to France--after having visited museums, cathedrals, and monuments for most of the trip, this was a refreshing break from the routine sights. Pierre provided so much history and interesting tidbits about the area, linking it to famous artists and paintings...well worth the time. While my 12 year old was a bit tired from walking, my 16 and 18 year old enjoyed the cultural tips on life in France. Great free tour--highly recommend this group!