All reviews minute walk hotel breakfast room was clean french montparnasse tiles metro suitcases
Reviewed August 4, 2017

near the Metro,
Hotel Clairfontaine was a comfortable and quiet place
staff is very good
but this in not look like a hotel
breakfast is not good.
there are a lot of room in the big yard, is it hotel?
but quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2017

I recently stayed at this hotel for four nights as part of travelling around Europe. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a receptionist who spoke no English apart from "hello". Although not in the UK, this was the only hotel we had language problems with and if the hotel didn't have basic English service available then it should be highlighted; it became a real issue when we had requests and problems. When we needed help, we'd be replied to in French - even though it was obvious our language skills were limited - rather than having it passed onto staff that could speak English.
But it got worse. When attempting to check out, we were told that we needed to pay, even though we'd paid through Booking.com prior to our stay. Trying to explain this to another receptionist was met with no help or any communication whatsoever. As we panicked over being charged AGAIN (thus paying a grand total of over £1000), the woman at the desk even shrugged her shoulders, smirked and started laughing. She was nothing but rude and unhelpful, with ridiculously shameful manners. All she did was demand our money and once doing so, gave us a cold goodbye. No help, no understanding and no cooperation.
We are sure that this hotel has scammed us and I would advise people to not risk wasting money on a noisy and ill-mannered 'hotel'.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2017

Hotel clairefontaine has perfect location and perfect personnel. I stayed there 4 nights and i feeled like my home. They helped me for everything and my room was so clean. I strongly recommend this hotel because of the location, good price and behavior's of people. This price is so cheap for this kind of hotel, it is difficult to find same quality and same price that s why i will prefer this hotel the next time.

Stayed: January 2017
Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

Nice queit hotelvwith internal balconies facing a nice patio. Practical and confortable with fine breakfast. Walking distance to Montparnasse train station. Convenient easy access to Orly and CDG airport buses out of Montparnasse every 20 minutes. 10 minute walk

Nice friendly staff

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2016

I've stayed here several times and recommend it to my friends who are visiting Paris for the first time. The staff is very accommodating and go out of their way to make your visit enjoyable. Some of the rooms are a little funky, but I think that adds to the charm of the hotel. It's close to all the touristy things to do too. Have fun!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo