All reviews bastille metro mobile home great location front desk staff heat wave around the corner tiny elevator decent hotel street noise clean hotel a great place to stay would stay here again short stay double bed the air conditioning wifi nightlife
Reviewed June 26, 2016

I have stayed here before for work and this trip was another work one, but I wanted to review as I am always so pleasantly surprised by the service. This is a budget hotel and it is true that the rooms are very small. However, they are also spotlessly clean, modern and well functioning and give you everything you could need. The hotel is situated in a nice, busy area with good transport links and plenty of fun close by spots if you don't want to go far. The staff at reception are always so friendly and accommodating and have helped me with various things over my stays. If you're looking for 5 star fancy, this isn't for you but if you need a good, clean, simple base for Paris, Daval is perfect.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank BeeWhoTravels
Reviewed April 25, 2016

We did not book it, it was part of a sponsored trip. So it was given to us.
- Neat clean Room with clean bathroom.
- Window view was not great
- Pubs and restaurants around are nice.
- walking distance from metro station
- Breakfast is included in the charge but they do not have variety. Milk, Bread, Tea, Coffee, Juice.
- Hosts are nice and helpful

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2016

Great location and I do appreciate that they allowed me to drop my luggage and let me into my room early. But the room was small and musty and many of the light fixtures were broken. The shower was not designed well and water goes everywhere, which I assume contributes to the musty smell of the room. Unfortunately during my stay they were repainting the outside of the hotel so my window was covered by scaffolding and I was not offered a room on the opposite side of the hall. And the strangest part to me is that they ask you to turn in your key when going out for the day, and upon your return you just tell the front desk your room number and they return your key. To me, this seems like a very insecure way to handle guest rooms. What keeps me from asking for another rooms key!? All in all, the room was clean, but there is work that needs to be done before I could stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 23, 2015

Booked a number of hotels in different cities for a winter vacation in EU. So didn't spend as much time as I should reviewing each hotel. Daval is close to Rue de Lappe and looked pretty good in photos.

The reality was a little shocking. Tiny room (maybe 3x3 meters including bathroom), that felt much more like a college dorm room (a not very nice one). No minibar, shampoo, conditioner, no laundry service (staff told me they could advise me where to go do my laundry myself). I guess I appeared put-off and she rudely said: 'didn't you know we didn't have laundry before you booked?' - I replied I never thought to ask, I mean - I've never stayed in a 150euro hotel before without laundry service. shrug.

Bed took up most of the space in the room and was comfortable enough, bathroom light didn't work at all, so all showers in the dark. meh.

The draw I suppose is the location, it's really got nothing else going for it. For 150 euro a night it's really criminal. Would highly suggest you stay anyplace else with real services - Rue de Lappe is easily accessible via Bastille metro - and honestly gets old after a few nights. The bars have changed a lot over the last decade.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank blackrice
Reviewed October 25, 2015

The accommodation is simple, clean and comfortable and, if you are looking for somewhere close to the centre of Paris which is just a base for exploring each day, this is perfect.
You are 15 minutes walk from Notre Dame or 3 minutes from the metro. The area is alive with places to eat, drink and enjoy yet the room is silent. There are plenty of places within sight of the entrance to have breakfast which was what we did rather than have breakfast at the hotel. Do not expect the glitz of a 4 or 5 star hotel and you won't be disappointed. It is what it is but we would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2015