All reviews bastille metro mobile home lively area heat wave front desk staff tiny elevator decent hotel street noise a great place to stay short stay the air conditioning would definitely stay here again wifi cafes
Reviewed July 5, 2017

I have stayed in Paris many times over the years, whether through student tours (I am a teacher leader) or on our own with family. For this stay, I researched many hotels in this price range and wanted something affordable, well located, and clean and comfortable. The Hotel Daval met that criteria. It was near the Bastille metro stop, with a lot of cafes, bars, and shops nearby. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Alexandria (Sasha) at the front desk went out of her way to give us advice and information when we asked. She was wonderful! The room, for my adult daughter and me, was small and basic, as expected for this price range. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom and shower were great, and the wi-fi worked well. Our 1st floor room faced the back of the hotel, so we were not bothered with any street noise, although our friends had a room on the third floor, facing the street, and they said it was noisy on Friday evening. When we arrived it was in the high 80's (F) and the air conditioning was welcome and worked well. Overall, I think it's a great value for the money, and would recommend it for a great place to stay for those exploring the city on a budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank aj8821
Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend had stayed here once before so he decided us was good enough to book again. The hotel is in a very lively area, luckily our room was on the other side of the building. I would request to stay off the main side as it can get very loud. The rooms are definitely small. You can't fit more than one person in the bathroom at once. Staff are friendly and are willing to make reservations at restaurants and transportation. We requested our rooms not be cleaned by putting the door hanger outside the room, but they still cleaned it every day which is a little annoying. Overall, a good stay, you get what you pay for.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kali D
Reviewed October 8, 2016

I stay in Hotel Daval during my last visit in Paris. The room is small (typical budget hotel) but the hotel's location in Bastille- one of the lively places during the night in Paris- is the best!

The bathroom is okay. The bed is comfortable and big enough for two people to sleep. There is WiFi, a safe, a cabinet to hook your clothes, a table and a TV. The staffs are smiling (!) and pleasant. They are helpful as well.

The surrounding area of Hotel Daval (Bastille) has plenty of bars and café. Every Sunday, there is an Open Market in Richard Lenoir (just at the end of the street from Daval). At the other end of the street is Rue De Lappe- a place for drinks and good time. Just around the corner is a good Crepe Shop.

I would recommend Hotel Daval to budget travelers. I recommend it because of its easy access to the Metro and cafes.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank hewhotravelsalone
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at the hotel a few times and the quality of the rooms do vary. They are small but functional and the staff helpful and speak English. The breakfast is continental but ok. The WiFi is excellent. If you are looking for a reasonable priced hotel near the Bastille then you could do worse than choose this hotel.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank indie212
Karim B, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Daval, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

Dear customer,
Thank you for your opinion, it is important for us.
We will happy see you again.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

I stayed at the Hotel Daval for business, and was there for four nights. I had a fantastic stay! The location can't be beat. You are in the heart of the Bastille neighborhood, which is lively and hip, and also just steps away from the metro and other public transportation to take you anywhere you need to be. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and customer service oriented. I had a late departing flight and they were happy to store my luggage. The neighborhood has a lot of nightlife but I was on an interior courtyard facing room and I never had any issue with noise. Good wifi. Be aware--especially if you are used to US-style hotel rooms--that these rooms are small! In particular, the bathroom is tiny and some reviewers have commented on this. The elevator is tiny. (I had to send up my suitcase unaccompanied and meet it upstairs). I am 5' 2'' and so the compactness never bothered me. I also was traveling alone. The rooms were fairly minimalistic but very clean and kept clean daily. This is not a super luxury hotel with all the extra bells and whistles. FYI: The lights in the stairwells go off (I think automatically) and it can be dark but you can just flip them on. Between the outstanding location, great service, and nice rooms, this was a fantastic value. I would definitely stay here for personal or business again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for the courtyard-facing room for more quiet. The street has lots of nightlife.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business