“lovely quirky hotel”
Review of Hotel Nicolo

Hotel Nicolo
Ranked #99 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I stayed for the weekend at this charming hotel with my in laws, husband and children. The hotel was everything it had promised to be. I had organised for rooms on the same floor to be able to stay close to the children and was given exactly those rooms. Breakfast was delicious, fresh and plenty of it even when just getting there at the last minute. Only comment would be that the breakfast room is a bit small for the number of guests in the hotel, but you can choose to have breakfast in your room, or on a good day in the beautiful court yard.
Rooms were nicely decorated and very clean with good showers.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 October 2010

Had a lovely stay here for 4 nights. The location is great - away from the madness of central Paris but still only a 15-20 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower, and 10 minutes walk to a Metro station, so easy to get anywhere.

The hotel staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, the room was lovely and the bathroom was a good size with abath/shower which was great. The hotel itself is in a quiet location, so no sleep disturbed, but had good shops and restaurants nearby if you dont want to go central.

The breakfast is good - tea/coffee/hot chocolate with a basket of croissants & bread, as well as fruit/pastries/cereal selection. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, as the cost of hotels in Paris is extortionate, I think this hotel is a great find.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Stayed here for two nights as going to Prix de l'Arc races - hotel was the right side of the City. Perfectly placed in really lovely area - felt like 'real Paris' - loads of upmarket shops - fashion and food - and felt very un touristy which was a good thing. 10 mins walk from the Trocadero (fab views of the Eiffel tower) and 12 euro in a cab from Gare du Nord. Room service breakfast at no extra charge was a nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2010

My family and I stayed in 3 different hotels in Paris. Hotel Nicolo is the best of the 3 in terms of location, breakfast, accommodation, and price. Location was excellent - the hotel is situated in a quiet area with convenience to cafes, restaurants, a local fruit/veggies market, and the tastiest patisserie ever. I enjoyed walking to the Eiffel Tower every day as well - you can see it from the hotel (top floor). Breakfast was delicious - pastries, cakes, croissants, bread, eggs, fresh juice, coffee, tea, various fruits, yogurt are your choices. Rooms are not super tiny and cramped - the one we stayed in was decorated in a very Parisian style. The courtyard, beautiful. I would stay here again the next time I'm in Paris.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2010

To start off, the hotel staff were very helpful in giving us directions on how to get there. When we arrived, Catherine was really friendly. We enjoyed the option of having our breakfast in our room, the dining room or in the beautiful courtyard. The room was beautifully decorated and the bathroom was exception and we both enjoyed the bath after a long day of walking. The hotel was within a 15 minute walk of the Eiffel Tower and also close to the Metro. Overall, a great experience! If we returned to Paris, we'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Stayed here for one night in a Junior Suite with my 12 yr old daughter and my sister. Loved the character and charm of the hotel and room, and that gorgeous courtyard. If you can go for the junior suite, I would do - having a little bit of extra space is great! (the 3rd bed was a pull out sofa bed, but my sister said she was comfortable enough on it.) The tiny lift gave us the giggles, especially as you still have to drag your suitcase up or down a few steps anyway as it's on a mezzanine level, but it was fine. The continental breakfast was much better than we were expecting with a choice of drinks, juices, bread, croissants, fruit, youghurts, muffins, flans and more. We had half hour of internet useage which cost 5 euros. I don't know if that's par for the course, but I didn't feel ripped off.
I loved the surrounding area, and we had lunch near the hotel both days. Turn right out of Rue Nicolo onto Rue de Passy, past the Galerie Passy Plaza (small shopping centre) to the Rue de l'Annonciation. Nice brasserie at the end there (lunch day 1), but wander down that street and it's full of market-type shops where you can fill up with chocolate, wines, bread, meat etc. Loved it there! Had lunch on day 2 in a small place that does crepes & galettes. Delicious.

If you're coming from Gare du Nord or Gare de L'Est, I would heartily recommend taking the bus over the metro. We took the metro to the hotel and quickly got fed up with the number of steps everywhere, carrying suitcases. On the way back, we caught the #32 bus which stops virtually opposite the Rue Nicolo and goes to the Gare de l'Est via some great tourist sites! I guess it's not far to walk from there to Gare du Nord, but we just got off when we noticed the bus stops were shared with the #43 which DOES go to the Gare du Nord.

I got a good rate through www.booking.com, and would heartily recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Gilliganuk
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Lovely three days here last week...

Nice 'district' close to eiffel Tower (15 minute walk) and easy subway rides to other attractions....

Quiet, clean, roomy (enough), tidy...

Receptionist even lent me a bottle opener for the duration as the (thanks to mr shoebomber) travel rules prevented me from bringing one.... So enjoyed some fine Bordeaux back at the room on an evening...

Breakfast pleasant, even do free room service, probably because breakfast room is smallish and can get crowded if all guests ' descend' at the same time...

No great views, but quiet due to courtyard locale, some good eateries nearby and sems to be a good district for clothing and tayloring...

Wish we'd booked longer...

Will be going back again!

SP