“Walking distance to Eiffel Tower, helpful front desk staff”
Review of Hotel Muguet

Hotel Muguet
Ranked #174 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Hotel Muguet is in a quiet location and about a 10 minute leisure walk to the Eiffel Tower (that's a big plus). There a few patisseries, restaurants, pharmacies and ATM machines in the neighborhood. After having lunch at a restaurant nearby on my first day in Paris, I unfortunately had a severe food allergy attack and broke out into hives. We asked the front desk staff where I can get treatment and he quickly suggested the American Hospital in Paris. But after noticing that I looked very ill, he advised that a house doctor will visit me in the hotel so that I didn't have to go to the hospital. I waited for about 2 hours and then the doctor came and treated me. The bottom line is, the staff showed concern and was very helpful with the situation. Moving on to the rooms, we booked the single room which I found to be stylish and clean with a comfy bed and free wifi. The bathroom was updated and modern. Check out was easy and hassle free. You just need to notify them in advance if you need a taxi pick up from the hotel. And oh, there was also a cute dog
lounging in the reception area as we were checking out.... must be the pet of the hotel owner. I would recommend this hotel to couples, families or friends traveling together!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rileyboo28
Write a ReviewReviews (1,424)

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Had two rooms this time...one for me a d another for my daughter and her fiancé .Their room was upgraded to a lovely larger courtyard room with a king bed. Mine was a nice queen on the streetside as I prefer.everything was perfect as usual. The desk personnel are so helpful and professional .we had a great time!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 17 April 2012

In most respects this is a typical Parisian tourist hotel - small rooms, adequate beds; limited breakfast buffet, minimal service. It does, though, rank slightly higher than average as the reception staff are friendly and helpful; breakfast was at least more than a coffee, roll and croissant, with a constant supply of hard-boiled eggs to keep us happy; there is wi-fi for those who want it; free newspapers in the lobby; and extra pillows if required (which I do, so this was a plus for me).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Would definitely recommend others stay at this hotel. When I return to Paris, I certainly will. My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights in April. The twin room was small but there was plenty of cupboard space, the room was warm and comfortable and the bathroom had a great shower. It was all very clean and well maintained.

The hotel reception were very helpful and we'd particularly mention Martin,the night receptionist, who helped to make our stay memorable.

For us, the location was fantastic- an easy walk to the Seine and Eiffel Tower and just minutes from Les Invalides. All in all we had a fantastic stay and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank laurieloo101
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Very comfortable rooms. Located on a quiet street. Desk personnel courteous and helpful. Hotel located near Paris subway, Rue Cler, 5th district, near Eiffel Tower.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Lilies of the Valley are among my favourite flowers. And now Hotel Muguet Muguet is one of our favourite hotels. (“Muguet” is French for lilies of the Valley) Located on a quiet side street in the 7th arrondissement, it is a clean, quiet and quaint hotel. Our room was comfortable and roomy. The bathroom was modern with an old world feel. Excellent restaurants near by to discover, easy walking distance to the Eiffel Tower, the Seine, Rodin’s house and les Invalides. For the more adventurous cross the Seine and walk to Place de la Concorde, the Louvre, Orse Museum not to mention a must for lovers of Monet, l’Orangerie. If you prefer taking the Metro subway to walking, the closest station is easy walking distance from the hotel. Staff was unfailingly polite, discrete and helpful. Simply put, if you are looking for a wonderful, quiet, understated well located place to stay in Paris Hotel Muguet is waiting for you. Great value for your money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Would recommend and stay here again: location, quality, and value.

Spent three nights here; they emailed me back after a cancellation opened up and I think gave us a price deal (190 euro per night; we did not take the 12.50 euro per person breakfast option). Our room sleep three (two twin beds(?) pushed together plus an alcove bed for our college-age daughter) and had a nice view of Eiffel Tower from our window.

Location was perfect for us - on a small quiet street (our room faced the street), ~5 minute walk from Maulborg or Ecole Militaire metro stops on #8 line, less than 10 mins to Parc du Champs where Eiffel Tower is located, less than 5 mins. to Rue Cler, ATMs, and small Carrefoure supermarket which we used for inexpensive breakfast items. About 20-25 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower. After arriving from Belgium, we easily took metro to hotel from Gare du Nord (#4 line and transfer to #8 at Strasbourg-St. Denis). Location also walkable to other metro connections (Invalides, etc.).

Hotel staff was very friendly and attentive, always with kind greetings and helpful answers to our various questions. Front desk attendant "Georges" even helped by supplying, for free, a fuse that got our electricity converter working again.

Our room was very nice and not too small. Two comfortable twin beds pushed together in main area, flat screen TV, window that opened out to street (and Eiffel view), then alcove bed for our daugher (NOT for a tall adult), with tall closet and safe, and good size bathroom with large rainfall shower head, etc. Room cleaning was good and timely.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family