1,466 results
All reviewsrue clereiffel towerquiet streetecole militairegreat locationle florimondla tour maubourgrodin museumstay there againaround the cornerwithin walking distanceminute walkhotel is locatedsmall elevatortwo metro stationshotel breakfasttwo blocks
Reviewed August 4, 2008

I stayed at the Hotel Muguet for 3 nights in July 2008. It is a lovely small hotel which made for a quiet and relaxing stay. I often sat in the greenhouse style breakfast room and was usually the only one in there in the afternoon/evenings.

I booked directly with the hotel's website and was very pleased with my room. I had a queen room with a full bath, located just off of the first floor courtyard. As usual in Europe, my room was very small, but I didn't mind. The location was great for me - a few minutes walk to Napoleon's tomb, Army Museum, Rodin Museum, and about 10-15 min to the Eiffel Tower (which was packed, by the way). Also, a few minutes walk to Metro Stop La Tour/Mauborg (sp?).

Pro's: Very Clean! Everything seemed new and was in excellent condition. The hotel provided amenities like shampoo, shower caps, and wash cloths (not always provided in France). There was also FREE wi-fi and FREE internet access in the lobby on their computer. I saved time by printing my boarding passes at the hotel. The beds were comfy and the towels were nice and fluffy.

Con's: Had a little trouble with "low signal" with the wi-fi while in my room. My solution was to take my laptop into the breakfast room, but that worked out because there is no eating allowed in the rooms so I surfed and ate at the same time.

A couple of unusual things: I had to leave my hotel key with the front desk as I left each day so the maid could access my room. Not really a problem, just unusual. Also, as mentioned above, there is no eating in the rooms so I just ate in the breakfast room. I picked up food on Rue Cler and brought it back with me. Since I was alone, I had no interest in eating out anyway.

I highly recommend this hotel for the intimate feeling and location. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
5  Thank BaileyTravelBug
Reviewed August 2, 2008

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in July 2008 at the Hotel Muguet. Wow, what a gem!! Everything about it was great, from the amazing breakfast (not included but very reasonably priced) to the wonderful staff, beautiful room and excellent location. We were within comfortable walking distance to everything we needed, sights, train, etc. I can't say how much we enjoyed our stay here. It was purely luck that we ever found it and will recommend it to anyone we know heading to Paris.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Starzoverbend
Reviewed July 28, 2008

My wife and I experienced our first time at the Hotel Muguet and only booked it due to the reviews on this website. So we went in a little blind and a little unsure. For those of you want a hotel that offers value, cleanliness, comfort, location and friendliness then look no further. What a gem!! You can no doubt get better but you'll also pay a higher rate. We had a Queen room which was very comfortable - if you wnat something bigger then pay more but this was quite sufficient.
We would stay again although our next visit to Paris would probably be in another district - only because variety is the spice of life!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gmb27
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I booked this hotel in May 2008 for a 3-night stay. When I booked the hotel, the service was fairly reasonable. However due to change in plans, I emailed the hotel to cancel my reservations, just before leaving for Europe and some 10 days before my reservation. However my emails kept bouncing (about 6 times) and I had no choice but eventually called the hotel when I reached Paris to inform them, 3 days before my check-in date. Even getting through to them on the phone was difficult. The phone was either engaged or unanswered. When I finally got through, they refused to hear me out and simply insisted that I send them an email which of course I could not instantly since I was on the road. When I eventually got through to them, they claimed that I was late and proceeded to charge me for 1 night.

On the contrary my experience with another Paris hotel was so much better. The staff at Hotel Castex was so helpful and patient.

I will never book Hotel Muguet again despite all the good reviews about them.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
4  Thank foodie_tourist
Reviewed July 20, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Muguet from June 4 to 17, to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. If you like a spotless room, then you can't go wrong here. The bedding, linen, towels, carpet and bathroom were immaculate. I believe one of the reasons the room was so pristine is that eating in the room is forbidden, as is smoking and ironing. We both missed being able to bring back a quick bite after a busy day or having a snack in the evening. If you want to iron, you have to make arrangements to do so elsewhere in the hotel.

You' ll see from the pictures I am attaching that the room, while attractive, was small and would be better suited for a shorter stay. For example, if one of us was sitting at the desk, the other would have to vault over the bed to get to the bathroom - this gets somewhat tedious after awhile - especially when you're over 60 :-). We should have paid 180 euros per night for a superior room instead of 135 euros for the queen room, but lesson learned.

Our quiet room looked out over the courtyard and the windows opened up, both in the bedroom and bathroom - very pleasant to get the fresh air and hear the birds chirping in the morning. The bathroom had a shower - no tub - but there was good pressure and lots of hot water. Included toiletries were shampoo, conditioner, shower cap and tissues. A good make-up mirror attached to the wall in the bathroom was helpful. A hair dryer with a very short cord was attached to a drawer in the desk in the bedroom, making it awkward to stand up, look in the mirror and blow dry your hair but where there's a will, there's a way. The room had lots of closet and storage space but we didn't care for the bed - too hard, and the pillows were small and lumpy. The only English T.V. channels you could get were BBC and CNN but that didn't matter too much to us as we usually were out all day so were too tired to watch much T.V. in the evening.

As the cost for the breakfast at the hotel was 9.50 euros per person, we usually picked up some croissants, beignets, etc. at a boulangerie and went to Starbucks on Rue Saint Dominique, total cost of about 7 euros for both of us - quite a savings. You could get coffee at the hotel for 2 euros a cup whenever you wanted it. The staff was always pleasant, courteous and very patient with my garbled French. We did miss being able to get ice although you could get coke, etc. from a machine in the lobby. You also have free access to Internet in the lobby but are restricted to 15 minutes, which to me is fair, so that everyone gets a chance to use it. A policy that we haven't encountered in ages was having to leave your key at Reception every time you went out and claim it when you came back, though I suppose this is good for security. The same card that was used as the key had to be inserted into a slot in the room to enable the lights to work.

The hotel itself was in an excellent, safe location, close to the Rue Cler, the Eiffel Tower and many cafes and boulangeries. La Tour Maubourg Metro was at the end of the street so we were able to get around everywhere we wanted to go, either by the Metro (and transferring) or walking. Its about an hour or so walk to the Louvre from this hotel if you want a little exercise to help wear off the calories from those delicious French pastries. For something a little different, after you've looked at many of the museums, monuments and attractions, take the metro out to see the Grande Arche de la Defense, which is the last stop west on the No. 1. We were astonished to see the high rise buildings in this area, some quite spectacular in design - modern Paris that you never see in the guide books. There's a Hilton Hotel steps from the Metro at the Grande Arche, and a shopping mall across the street, so a person could tour traditional Paris in the daytime but sleep in modern Paris at night.

In summary, we had an enjoyable stay at the Hotel Muguet, which we recommend for a short stay if you book a simple Queen room.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple