“Prices too stratospheric”

Ranked #12 of 362 Bakeries in Paris
Neighbourhood: 10th Arr. - Entrepot
Neighbourhood: 10th Arr. - Entrepot
Reviewed February 16, 2021

They advertise as "traditional methods of baking". It's quite a bakery. And you wonder, why no locald go in? Ah! Huh ! Haa! This bakery is here to fleece tourists. Do not go in. Items are not that tasty. Prices too stratospheric.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (912)

Reviewed January 16, 2021

I love everything about this place! The fresh bread, the petit pains with unique fillings, the pain des amis (their specialty), the traditional methods of baking. It's quite awesome, and you will indeed need to wait outside sometimes to get in. I tried their gallete de roi in January too, my favorite all month!

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank kkbirds
Reviewed September 11, 2020 via mobile

The place is small so you got to queue outside but it’s a bundle of joy as you enter and see an array of freshly baked goods.

Worth a try if you’re in Paris

Date of visit: December 2019
3  Thank 949shaimad
Reviewed July 27, 2020

Mrs dragged me here from across town due to the other reviews she had read about this place and their pistachio + chocolate escargot. As many has pointed out, it is at least double the price of elsewhere and the taste did not justify the price. It was average and definitely had better elsewhere.

Will not return.

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank tek_m_l
Reviewed March 26, 2020

Interestingly, I researched this place because of a photo that I saw on a Parisian-themed calendar from Papyrus. It took us 3 hours to drive here from where we were staying in Paris but we had time before our departure flight back to the states. I loaded my suitcase with pastries and baguette to give to my neighbors upon my return. My favorite was the pain au chocolat but seriously folks, close your eyes and pick and you won't be disappointed. There was a long line mid-morning but it moves fast and the workers are all business so know what you want and have the money ready!

Date of visit: July 2019