All reviews no elevator excellent location louvre amenities bed shower opera metro wifi
Reviewed May 25, 2018

Beautiful location, affordable rates, lovely rooms! If you're looking for a hotel that's near everything, especially Louvre and Champs-Elysees, you're going to love this place. It's great for couples or for families. They're surrounded by restaurants and a laundry shop too, so it's really convenient to stay here. The staff are very kind and accommodating and you can even ask them for directions and help, because they all speak good English.

They respond very well to emergency situations as well. My father was in need of medical assistance and they called an ambulance right away and never left our side until everything was taken care of. I really appreciate that.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

There is not much wrong with this hotel which means most of it is right!
Room was a reasonable size, well cleaned, comfortable and fresh but the decor is a bit bland.
There is no lift and the worst point of the whole experience is the front door - if you hadn't booked you would almost certainly wall away!
They offer a cheap bar and reasonable breakfast so if you want a basic stay in this part of Paris, this is a good option.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2017

My first time in Paris for a rare solo vacation. Was so pleased to have booked seven nights in Hotel Louvre Richelieu. The staff were kind and respectful. The room had everything I needed: comfortable bed, window with a view, clean bathroom, quality shower, and reliable wi-fi. Towels were changed and bed was made every day. Breakfast was included with my booking (and I liked getting up, having breakfast, then getting ready for my outings). More than reasonably priced. I'm a fan of stairs rather than elevators - no waiting. Location was ideal, near the Louvre, amenities, metro; I walked everywhere and felt safe. Overall, excellent trip and accommodations!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Joel_manager, Gérant at Hotel Louvre Richelieu, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Thanks for your warm message !
We are happy to have contributed to your good holiday experience in Paris !
Looking for welcoming you at Hotel Louvre Richelieu for your next Parisian stay.
Joël

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

This hotel doesn't look like much from the outside, and is a tad hard to find, but is worth it!

I won't lie, when we got out of the cab and saw the entryway, I was worried. However, when we walked in we were greeted by VERY kind staff and a quaint lobby.

There is no elevator (the building is super old), so pack light! The bar and breakfast nook are one in the same, but the booze is fairly priced (not the normal hotel gauge), and the service is lovely.

We traveled with 2 children and my mom and aunt who don't speak french. They spoke English with my mom and were VERY kind about it. Cans were called, drinks were delivered to rooms, and our bags were carried upstairs-all with smiles.

If you need an affordable place right by the louve-this is a great place!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

Stayed in a comfort room for 3 in July . Excellent location close to the Louvre and a short hop through the alley to the gardens of Le Palais Royal.we didn't use metro or buses once as we just walked from hotel.
Yes the hotel has no lift.the triple comfort room was big enough for 3 adults without treading on each other . Very clean and well decorated , beds very comfortable with quality linen . Bathroom was spacious with wet room style shower.
Very efficient air conditioning which was very welcome on a very hot week end .wifi very good in room
Didn't try breakfast as many good cafes locally. Lots of very good bistrots locally. There is a local supermarket that is open till late close by if you need refreshments for your room
Staff very friendly and helpful .
Hotel great for exploring a Paris .
We weren't looking for anything more than a comfortable room to rest and refresh whilst exploring Paris and this fitted the bill perfectly. We particularly liked pressing the big button to summon a taxi

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Joel_manager, Gérant at Hotel Louvre Richelieu, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Bonjour, and thanks for your comment. We are always happy to know that our guests enjoy their stay with us.
See you at your next trip to Paris !
Joël