“SO WELL LOCATED”
Review of Bvj Paris Louvre

Bvj Paris Louvre
Ranked #58 of 193 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Just in front of "LOUBOUTIN SHOE SHOP" a small blue door on number twenty. A very well located youth hostel, simple and basic, with a huge parisian lobby, with amazing stairs...
A few meters away from Louvre Museum and Tuileries garden... a fantastic place for a week-end of shopping and culture.
You will find just the necessary and a friendly staff of advices to enjoy your stay...
Don't wish a five star hotel, stars are in the city !

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
41  Thank TOSCA B

Reviewed 16 October 2011

Do not ignore this comment as I did somebody else's! I booked for 4 nights and after the first was changed (from the dingy BVJ Louvre with no elevator to take your bag up the 10 plus stairs and unfriendly staff, albeit in a good location) to another in their chain in the more dodgy part of town. BVJ Opera, where I was moved was better, but I was still changed rooms three time and couldn't check in until half two on each of these occassions (really sucks when you haven't slept the whole night and need a place to crash). My money (over 200 Euros) was stolen from my room and despite a a particularly friendly staff member who helped but hated his/her (anonymity) boss, could do nothing about it. The lockers at both places required two Euros every time you lock them and the internet was a Euro for 10 minutes. Thus I felt exploited and upset upon departure.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Alex F
Reviewed 20 September 2011

If you're a traveller who has been staying in mostly hostels, the prices of BVJ may seem rather high. However, its location is truly hard to beat. BVJ is literally just behind the Louvre, and close to many central metro lines. This area also includes many small restaurants and supermarkets, depending on your plans for eating. Although, BVJ does not supply a public kitchen, so cooking your own food isn't possible. BVJ does provided a free breakfast every morning, which is surprisingly hearty, with some really good breads and yoghurt! There are shared showers on every floor, but a sink in each room. Also, the elevator is NOT for guests, so do keep that in mind, because walking up to the fifth floor a couple times a day is not always fun. The staff was slightly standoffish at times, but overall helpful. All said and done, I would probably stay there again for my next visit to Paris.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
40  Thank mwmax54
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Staying at BVJ was what I would imagine staying in a morgue might be like. This hostel was extremely loud, throughout the night and early morning banging echoes blast throughout the hostel. The atmosphere was non-existent. There is no kitchen and the surrounding area has no cheap eats. Internet cost 3 Euro for an hour. No lift and we were on the fifth floor. Checkout is at 9.30. We changed to a hostel in Montmare which cost less and had free internet/kitchen/atmosphere. Staying At BVJ Louvre will be the worst decision you will ever make. I wouldn't stay there again if it cost only 10 Euro a night.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Gvine
Reviewed 19 July 2011

The location is excellent, the price is acceptable. Apart from this, the breakfast is included and the staff is extremely friendly. I loved it there, and if I ever go to Paris again, my host will be BVJ Louvre.
If any of the staff from BVJ Louvre care to see this - GUYS THANK YOU, YOU'RE THE BEST!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
43  Thank lady_du_voyage
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I would never ever even think about staying here again. The staff were SO rude and after changing which location I was suppose to be at they cancelled my booking because I was 'late' - even though I had emailed them letting them know the train was running late so i would be there a little later (one hour). When I called them to try and find the location (I had asked several people how to get to the address and no one had a the faintest idea) after trying for about 20 min I was informed that my reservation had been cancelled and there was nothing they could do about it (seriously they filled it in the 15 minutes that had passed since I had originally said I would be there?!), the girl wasn't even sorry or sympathetic just said there was nothing she could do and hung up forcing me to have to try and find last minute accommodation. For all the hassle I went through (also can't just confirm the reservation in the first place either, you have to call 3 days before to make sure they have rooms - which apparently the two places don't talk because I was first told that I only had a precooking which was not an actual booking and so if they had no room on the day it was to bad and then told that I did have a room as long as I emailed them confirming the deals of my booking) I would rather book somewhere else and not deal with the staff or the way this place is run!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else