All reviewsbreakfast includedcoffee machinesmall hotelrooms are cleantop floorfrenchparisiancafes
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

The room, bathroom, lift, hallway are all small like other reviewers mention. For us, it was sufficient. And the price was very reasonable. Nothing extra here, no frills, just what you need. The sheets and towels were clean, and the room cleaned every day. We had a room on the top floor, with a small balcony, which made the room feel less cramped. Quiet neighborhood, but probably a bit further from the centre of town then we would have preferred. But all in all a good experience!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

There is nothing remarkable I could mention for this hotel. We have booked it through Agoda.com as it was the cheapest option. The location is really central and convenient. We found our room a bit small. No problems overall.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shabba S
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My initial impression of this hotel has been improved by staying in another 2-star Parisian hotel, which was much worse. Hotel du Chemin Vert is located about a 10-minute walk from the Pere Lachaise Cemetery, which means it's in a relatively quiet neighborhood. The elevator is tiny - so small it fits only one person and a suitcase, or two people with no luggage. The room is also tiny - if you have two suitcases, expect that you won't have much space to walk around the bed once you've put your suitcases down. The bathroom is also the smallest I've ever seen - the toilet nearly touches the bathtub, and you have to lean over the toilet in order to reach the sink.

However, this is all bearable because the room and bathroom are clean, and the neighborhhood not bad. I stayed in a similarly priced 2-star hotel that was closer to the center of Paris, and those rooms were completely filthy. I would rather have something clean, than something more central or larger. Also, there's free wifi in the rooms, which is a huge plus.
Do NOT eat beakfast in the hotel - it's not included in the price of the room rental, and there are far cheaper and better breakfast options elsewhere - it is Paris, after all.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Traddles A
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I chose this particular hotel because I wanted somewhere that was near to the centre of Paris but which was not touristy. When I booked the hotel I was in ‘economy’, so I suppose I got what I deserved. The hotel in located in the 10th arrondissement to the north of the Marais, only around 15 minutes from the Gare de Nord station. It is a short walk from St Ambroise metro station. My first impression was not good. The entrance led to a cramped lobby reception area which was smaller than our living room….definitely ‘seedy’. The staff spoke English. The place looked cheap and possibly not nice. The lift was rickety and the corridor on my floor cramped. My room was cramped and cheap. It included a TV and tea/coffee making equipment. The bathroom was so small you could not swing a Manx cat in it. It comprised an antediluvian hip bath and shower, a wash basin with tiny slivers of soap and a toilet. It would have been impossible to fit the ‘bathroom suite’ in a smaller space.
The bed was cheap and nasty. I have seen superior beds lying in a local skip. Any family would have consigned the bedding to the rubbish heap a generation ago. As there was no air conditioning I had a choice of roast or open the window to listen to the traffic. In the morning I went down to the breakfast room. I took one look at fled. I could imagine smarter, better equipped and more generous breakfast by found in the canteen of a typical small engineering workshop in, say, Doncaster. No, that isn’t fair. The engineering workshop would provide a decent breakfast instead of a few dubious croissants and mechanical coffee.
This is the worse hotel I have stayed in since my backpacking days. At €80 I thought it very poor value for money too.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The staff were helpful and accomodating. Not all staff members spoke English. I loved it how they interacted with our 2 year old daughter.
The hotel location was appropriate for us. We just took the metro to explore the city.
The room wasn't nice, though it was relatively clean. Small room size in Europe is normal. But the dirty looking carpet, torn lampshades and dated decor didn't leave me with the desire to go back.
If you're traveling light without kids, might be a good place to stay.
They charge extra for breakfast, but it's well-worth it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family