“Live like a local!”
other travellers have booked this property
Little house in Paris - general view from our private garden Living Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Canal Saint-Martin in summer
Little house in Paris - general view from our private garden
Map of Paris
Kitchen
Kitchen
Bathroom
Bathroom
Patio
View of our garden from the little house's terrace
View of our street entrance from the bridge 'Passerelle de la Grange aux belles' over the canal
Bridge over the canal Saint-Martin, in front of our street :  'Passerelle de la grange aux belles'
Little house - 2 floors
Mezzanine connected to the terrace
Mezzanine connected to the terrace
Terrace
Terrace
Rose tree in our Garden
Street side entrance
View of the little bridge 'Passerelle de la Grange aux belles' from our street
Canal Saint-Martin at the end of our street
Canal Saint-Martin
Many coffee shops, restaurant, design and fashion shops along the canal
Living room
Living room
Bathroom view shower & bath (Ofuro style)
Bathroom view shower & bath (Ofuro style)
Canal Saint-Martin in winter
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Camperdown, Australia
“High Expectations”
Reviewed 30 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Having read the reviews for this place we had high expectations. The location was wonderful. We have been to Paris many times and have always stayed in the 1st arrondissement, this was our first stay in the 10th and it did not dissapoint. Great places to eat, great shopping, handy Metro it had it all. The owners were away when we arrived which was fine we communicated by text, we had read a few tripadvisor ratings from previous guests stating how wonderful it was to have the owners help with suggestions for places to eat and visit etc. Unfortunately the owners were away the whole time so we were left to our own devices which isn't a problem but it would have been nice to have been told before the so we could have researched the area a little more. As it was we found a couple of great restaurants with staff only too helpful with suggestions and recommendations for places of interest so all was not lost. The apartment is very small which is what we expected and we knew from the photos the master bedroom was on the mezzanine level and consisted of a mattress on the floor, one problem was when I stood up my head touched the lower part of the roof as it was on a slant ( I am 5ft 1 inch) and the bed was sooooo uncomfortable, also the stairs on the mezzanine are a little trickey as there is no rail to hang on to and they are a little steep. The kitchen was very well equipped and quite cosy but no where comfortable to sit , the settee was very hard and there was only one armchair. The best part was the shower it was amazing (I didn't want to get out). had read from a previous rating the washing machine was broken, I assumed it would be fixed by now but sadly it wasnt, I had to text trhe owner who offered to reimburse the cost if I would like to use the local laundromat but seeing as I was leaving the next morning I didn't think I would have time to get it all dry without using a tumble dryer. A note or text telling me the machine wasn't working would have been helpful. All in all it was pleasant, but not my cup of tea but I can see it's appeal. It was really quaint and clean and I would recommend it for the younger and fitter, anyone with back or joint problems this isn't for you.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great location
Liked least: The bed consisted of a mattress on the floor which was very uncomfortable and I didn't like the stairs
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
2 Jun 2015
Dear guest, I have a list of places that I highly recommend in my neighborhood. Please feel free to ask me. I can send it to you prior your arrival. I designed the little house for visitors: family, friends and tourists. The washing machine is a special edition for little size. I could not fix a water leak. I ordered a new machine from Germany. In the mean time, I offer to take care of your clothes: I wash and dry your clothes at my main house (for free) and bring them back to you the same day. Most of my guests found it quite advantageous. The mattress is also new: "Air Palace 700" edition from TRECA, a high quality brand, "made in France". It is a very comfortable queen sized mattress… The little house offer only one room, with high ceiling, so we organized the sleeping area on a mezzanine. I don't recommended it for elderly or disabled person. But absolutely fine if you are in good shape. From the mezzanine you will access also the private little terrace, and seated outside, you will over look a very quite courtyard while you are in the center of the city!
mrsbaynos...
“Live like a local!”
Reviewed 10 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

Wow, what a great way to spend a week in Paris. Everything it says it offers, it does and you really are by the canal in the cool 10th arrondissement.

Just a few items to note before I get to all the great things:
1. Yes, it's cosy. That is, it's small but remember, you're in Paris by the canal! The same canal Amelie skimmed pebbles on. Because of its size though, I do not recommend it for anyone taller than 6'1" because my husband just missed hitting his head on the mezzanine floor. Take care also when using the stairs especially when you need to use the bathroom at night as it's a bit narrow so leave one of the lamps on downstairs to help you without keeping you awake.
2. Mosquitoes will eat you alive if you don't use the plug in insect repellent that's so thoughtfully provided in the drawer (there are two). There are also a few cans of insect spray too.
3. The washing machine was wasn't working but Daisy, the lovely lady working for the even lovelier, Segire, offered to do the washing for us and if you don't feel comfortable taking the offer there's a laundromat just around the corner open until around 10pm.

Now the great things:
* Segire, the host was amazing, thoughtful, and easygoing. Before we arrived in Paris, she sent a message with a great list if her personal recommendations not just in her neighbourhood but beyond. It was so useful and all that we did manage to go and do were spot on. She listed where to go for markets, brunch, lunch, breakfast, dinner, etc. On our last day, we were running late and rushing to pack up to leave when she kindly popped in to let us know that she had no-one arriving that day so we can take our time. Amazing and thank you so much!
* Security was excellent without being cumbersome. There are basically three gates to pass before your door.
* Location, location, location. All that's noted about the location is true! Restaurants, markets, canal, bakeries, cafés, laundromat, supermarket, Gare de L'est and Gare du Nord, and so much more. We jogged almost every morning and even jogged to Sacre Coeur within 20mins to watch the sunrise before all the crowds turned up. Absolutely the best time to go.
* All the little things like common condiments (e.g. Salt and pepper, olive oil, sugar, etc), stationery, magazines, travel plug, slippers, laundry powder, L'occitane toiletry, etc are thoughtfully provided. There's even a set of French word cards to help you learn the local language, Paris travel guides in different languages. The first two drawers downstairs have all the items you could need to really be able to feel like you live there.
* On top of security it's the privacy too. Much appreciated.
* Even though it's small in size, the space available is greatly used and maximised with room even for a Japanese bath!

I cannot recommend this enough and the only reason I haven't given five stars is because we were looking forward to having the freedom to use the washing machine whenever we wanted but given what I noted above it should not be an issue for anyone else.

Thanks so much to Segire and Daisy for making our stay in Paris an amazing one.

Adelaide Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Scott Z
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect”
Reviewed 30 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

Stayed for a week at the little house and everything was perfect for our first trip to Paris. Great host, neighborhood, very clean and comfortable. Great location to get around Paris and lots of places to eat in the neighborhood. I highly recommend for a quiet and safe place to stay in Paris.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Neighborhood
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
OR
Reviewed 9 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$155
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing